Couple of questions..

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Couple of questions..

Postby Sunfun2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Folks,
We had a great relaxing time at Hidden Beach during March this year and have been eyeing Desire Pearl for this October. We enjoyed Hidden Beach as our first C/O trip but some minor faults (not swimmable beach, disco was dead etc.). Therefore we are looking to book within the next couple of days at Desire Pearl and we thought we would reach out to this group to try to get some quick info/guidance.
1) Does Desire Pearl offer the Nude Cruise (as Hidden Beach did on Wednesday)? If so, has anyone been on it while they were at Pearl?
2) We really enjoyed the fact that at Hidden Beach we could be in our robes (left open of course) during their nightly disco entertainment? We would dress for dinner then head back to the room and put on robes. My wife's preference is not to "theme up" as she'd rather go nude or scantily covered LOL. She's not much on the lingerie outfit wearing (which is fine by me). Is this acceptable and common at Pearl?
3) Is the beach user friendly. Simply meaning can you walk out and swim without getting banged up with coral, rocks etc.
4) I read where the PDA's can occur but if we wanted to bring a bottle of wine down to the beach at night, can PDA's happen there and is the beach secure at night?
5) Lastly, what is the best private transport (fastest, least expensive) to get to Pearl?
Thanks in Advance...Sunfun2 couple..
Sunfun2
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Couple of questions..

Postby David Donna » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm

A lot of the information on this site answers all these questions in greater detail.
Short answer list:
1, We did the day trip nude cruise that sails from the pier beside Temptations in Cancun. It was a good day for cruising and being nude away from the Pearl. Before boarding the boat (6 couples from Pearl and 1 couple from Desire) we all watched the guests at Temptations playing volleyball on the beach, sunbathing, swimming, etc. What was comical to us, was watching all of the guests fiddling with their bathing suits. Some ladies were topless but they still fiddled with the bikini bottom. Never relaxed, always adjusting. We met up with a boat load of Temptation guests who had rented a boat for the day. About $500 for the day, beer, lunch and crew of 3 included. All they wanted to do was park the boat across the bay so they could actually be nude for the day. Easy day for the crew and a relatively cheap day for the guests. I think we convinced all of them to try Desire or Pearl on their next trip south.
2, People start off dressed in the disco. Clothes do get shed but if your wife started out being scantily clothed, no one is going to complain. Keep in mind that the disco usually clears out fairly quickly and people are heading to the Jacuzzi or the Playroom where clothing is just a nuisance.
3, The staff (once a month I think) spend a couple of hours collecting coral out of the shore water to try and make it easier on our feet getting into the water. However, we bring water shoes to make it easier.
4, The beach is public. PDA's and PDS do occur but they aren't supposed to. Do so at your own risk.
5, I just booked USA Transfers yesterday to get us to the resort (Sept eighth) and back to the airport (Sept 19) thanks to the recommendations that I read on this forum. $60 total for return trip. A cab ride is appx. $50 each way. Their web site does explain how the transfer vehicles can only come onto the airport property when a client is actually present to be picked up. So when your ride is called, it does take a couple of minutes for the vehicle to get to the pickup point. Sometimes, the line waiting for a cab will take you even longer. One nice point is that there is nobody else waiting to be picked up or dropped off at other hotels. Just a straight drive to the Pearl.

Book the trip, have a great time!
Last edited by David Donna on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby Sunfun2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 am

Thank u for the info..very helpful. Have a great upcoming trip.
Sunfun2
Desire Convert

Postby C2C » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 am

1) No nude cruise available

2) We did not see anyone nude or in robes for the entertainment portion of the evening before the Disco opened. Most women wore sexy dresses & heels, a few in skimpy lingerie, but no one nude. The strippers did get one lady nude though on Thursday night.

3) The beach tide line has quite a few small sharp pointy rocks, walk gently, over this 3 foot strip - or you can just dive in over the top of them - its sandy and nice past the 2-3 foot strip of rock/coral.

4) Security may have an issue and ask that you return to the main area of the resort. If you ask nicely, they might just stay close and keep an eye out for you as they are concerned over your safety.

5) USA Transfers - get a private van for $60 round trip, you pay cash for the trip when you are dropped at the hotel and they return to pick you up
C2C
Desire Convert

Postby Sunfun2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 am

Very helpful and thank you so much for the added info.
Much appreciated..
Sunfun2
Desire Convert

Postby kirkster5 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm

I want to tread carefully here as I'm in no way trying to start a s&*tstorm, but...... in regards to question #4, it is a public beach. You are not just puting yourself at risk but perhaps even the resort itself. There was quite a bit of pushback from the local community when the "concept" was announced. So if the resort says it is not allowed, why put security in the position of having to tell you what you already know? The resort says it is not allowed because we are lucky enough to have the clothing optional beach and I'm quite sure that the banning of public sex acts on a public beach was the reason that the C/O beach is permitted.
I know that most of us have a bit of an exhibitionist side to us :wink: and that is part of the appeal of a clothing optional resort but to blatently violate the rules of the local's and the resort itself seems a bit selfish and could jeapordize the future of this beautifull property. Just does not seem worth it to me. JMHO
kirkster5
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 13 Nov 2016

Postby Sunfun2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:14 pm

No "storm" started or taken. Great point u bring up.
Thanks..
Sunfun2
Desire Convert

Postby heavyG » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 am

They have a nude catamaran sail that is just for Pearl / DRM guests - we took it last March. Like the previous poster points out, they drive you to a dock beside Temptations Cancun to board. Cat was small & cramped, and while PDA is allowed / encouraged, it never got going on our cruise as most seemed put off by how close we (6 couples) were jammed in with the 5 crew members.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl