Pearl lobby

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pearl lobby

Postby morse » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm

The Pearl lobby is a space with no doors or windows, nor airco, so it gets hot, very hot in there ; just read on tripadvisor someone from the staff responding to this :"As concerns lobby’s air conditioning we are planning to close the area on the first semester of 2014. "
He also said the Aphrodite restaurant will be open in a few weeks with a new concept.
Pearl was already great, they make it even better.
morse
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Aug 2014

Re: Pearl lobby

Postby heavyG » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm

We've heard the 'no air conditioning' in the lobby complaint a lot, which is strange, since we've always enjoyed the open air aspect of the lobby. Doubly strange since many of the other larger resorts along that stretch of beach also have mostly open air lobby areas.

If it's over air conditioned - there will be people complaining because they are cold in their skimpy disco outfits… just sayin'
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby olderII » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 am

Management should consider filling in the pond outside the lobby. There would then be room for dancing, shows sort of like RM. Improve the night time pizza. Just my thoughts.
olderII
Desire Devotee

Postby craig1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I agree. The outdoor bar area at RM with the more soft and casual entertainment is the one thing I wish Pearl offered.
craig1
Desire Convert

Postby SamAndRose » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 am

olderII wrote:Management should consider filling in the pond outside the lobby. There would then be room for dancing, shows sort of like RM. Improve the night time pizza. Just my thoughts.

When we were there in May and we sat through the time-share, err Premium Membership sales pitch, it was explained to us that Original Resorts only manages the place, but doesn't in fact own it. The salesman was quick to also tell us that because Pearl is such a huge success that they want to buy the resort outright.

So if they only manage the place can they make the call to fill in the pond? I hope so, cause this guy's other statements about what they had planned for the lobby and club/playroom sounded really good.

S.
SamAndRose
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 02 Aug 2024

Postby CokeMann » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:36 am

SamAndRose wrote:
olderII wrote:Management should consider filling in the pond outside the lobby. There would then be room for dancing, shows sort of like RM. Improve the night time pizza. Just my thoughts.

So if they only manage the place can they make the call to fill in the pond? I hope so, cause this guy's other statements about what they had planned for the lobby and club/playroom sounded really good.

It is true that Original Resorts has a 5 yr contract to manage the property with an option to renew or purchase.

However it has also been shown through the conversion of the old Ceiba del Mar "kiddie" pool to what is now the fantastic jacuzzi area as well as the renos of the restaurants that part of the deal is that they can obviously make whatever changes to the physical plant they wish(or can afford to do).
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby heavyG » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 am

SamAndRose wrote:
olderII wrote:

S.

It's not unusual - in fact it's now the norm in the larger hospitality / hotel chains - that the building is owned by one group, yet managed & branded by another.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl