Nervous

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Nervous

Postby A&B » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 pm

My wife and I are trying to plan our next trip and we are differing in where we want to go. I figure this is the best place to get real time info. So a little about us first. We are a married couple, him 35 and her 28. We are NOT in the lifestyle. However we are very very sexual. We have been to a nude resort once in 2011. We went to Breezes Rio Bueno when it was open and stayed for a week on the nude side. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! From day one we were comfortable being naked and interacting with other naked people. This was 3 years ago and we got lucky that a group was at the resort the same time we were. Because of our ages at the time and the average age of the resort clientele, we got lucky that the group was mid 40s. We tagged along with them and had a blast. Like I said, we are not in the lifestyle although my wife and another wife had some late night fun in the hot tub. Anyway, my wife and I had a blast the entire week and by night number two, my wife became the most outgoing nude woman of the bunch. From alcohol induced laughs to her bending over the pool table and spreading eagle in order to screw up our opponents pool shots. We had an absolute blast!!!! We were the wild ones of the resort. On more then one occasion while having sex in our room, my wife wanted the blinds, shades and walk out patio doors open so those walking by could see us. Because of the resort (Breezes Rio Bueno, formerly Grand Lido Braco) I kept the blinds shut. If we were at desire we would have been on display.
Now 3 years later we are looking for a place that caters to our fun loving personalities. I've read for weeks about different resorts and places to go and I am absolutely convinced the Desire Resorts are the best fit. We want couples only, upscale, nude and fun. However the reservations my wife is having is with the whole swinging thing. She is afraid that we will be walking into couple after couple trying to hook up with us and orgies happening everywhere. That is not what either of us want and I've told her that whatever happens depends on us and only us. And all I want is fun naked times with my wife. We can be as involved or as little involved as we want to be.
If any else felt like this before going your first time please give us some advice. Any women out there that can put my wife's mind at rest?? I know my wife better then she knows her self and I KNOW MY WIFE WILL ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT HAVE THE TIME OF HER LIFE AT A DESIRE RESORT. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by A&B on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A&B
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2014

Re: Nervous

Postby miranda2 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 pm

[That is not what either of us want and I've told her that whatever happens depends on us and only us. And all I want is fun naked times with my wife. We can be as involved or as little involved as we want to be.]

Exactly. :L
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby MandD » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:20 am

D and I were first exposed to CO resorts at Couples Ocho Rios in 2005. She was very hesitant and nervous to try the Island at first. 15min later it was the only way to go. We tried desire RM for the first time in 2011 and loved loved loved it. Next week will be trip #3. We are not swingers or in the lifestyle, but somehow Desire can bend your norm for a week. I've been fortunate enough to have great fun with my wife and other couples we've met at the resort. No one will push anything on you, but you may get offers. That is the beauty of Desire, do what you want, but no one will frown upon you if you say thanks, but no thanks. Both times we've been to RM most couples were between the 35 and 50 age range so you guys will fit right in. We're giving pearl a shot next weekend and I'm counting the days. Book the trip I promise you will both have the time of your lives if you have talked before going and know what your boundaries are.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Jude1000 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am

A&B wrote:We want couples only, upscale, nude and fun. However the reservations my wife is having is with the whole swinging thing. She is afraid that we will be walking into couple after couple trying to hook up with us and orgies happening everywhere.

We are not swingers either and had the same concerns as you before our first trip. But we spent two vacations, each of two weeks, at Pearl and have NEVER had any couples try to hook up with us in a way we didn't want. The watchword at Pearl is respect: nobody will EVER make your wife feel uncomfortable.

The majority of guests at Pearl are not swingers and those that are seem to arrive in a group of pre-existing swinger friends. Most swinger activity is taken back to the rooms. The vast majority of sex you will see in the jacuzzi and on the surrounding beds (you will see a lot), and in the sin room behind the disco, is all between couples who came as couples and want to stay that way - just like you (and us). That said, if you do want to hook up with swingers it's probably easily done. There is plenty of opportunity for public sex between you and your wife - and it sounds like that's what you want.

You won't be disappointed at Pearl if you want upscale nude fun! We have the time of our lives and will be back for another two weeks in 2014. Can't wait.
Jude1000
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK

Postby lotsoffun » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm

We are not swingers either, but we are headed there in December for our 3rd trip in a year :) We are 34 and 32 y/o and we are a very open couple, I like to sunbathe nude and just like the freedom of it all. Hubby had never been nude before until DP but he enjoyed it too! We like to go to clubs in Europe that cater to the lifestyle bc its nice to know you can dance, meet people, drink and then go off and do whatever you want, or nothing at all, and sometimes we meet people that want to watch or play around - we have never felt pressured or "bothered" by ppl at the Pearl one single bit - if anything we have made more friends there in a non-sexual way! Certainly if you WANT to play around its definitely there and there are options but it seems like everyone does this in a way that isn't super forward, and people are ok if you say no thank you, or if you state what you are in/not in to.

I think you will love it at DP! If you choose to not do anything with any other the couple, the vibe and atmosphere and the sights (heehee) will be a turn-on for you two - can't really beat that :) Just the feeling of knowing you can do whatever you want all day long is just the best thing ever. Also, such a diverse group of open-minded people from all over the world too - they just happen to be naked :)
lotsoffun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Dec 2013

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Definitely agree with the above posts, it truly is a place where you can do as little or as much as you want! You guys are always in control....it simply is paradise!

Quick comment on the post directly above, you might want to call out the hotel name...Desire Pearl....DP immediately takes me to a much different place, just sayin'!!! :shock:
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby A&B » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Thank you to all that responded. Even though the responses were small, they helped us out. We will be at Pearl Feb. 2-7.
If anyone is going to be there at the same time please let us know. Can't wait :twisted:
A&B
Desire Convert

Postby PNWcouple » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:07 am

We are about in the same boat as you regarding the lifestyle and taking this step, except we are about 25 years older than you! We are nudists but have never gone to this kind of place... Looking forward to meeting you and having some laughs and fun, sounds like everybody is just out for a good time, I don't think the hook-up thing is going to be an issue.

See you soon,
PNWcouple
Desire Convert

Postby andrewb » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 am

Hi, this is our 3rd trip but sounds like we all have similar likes, we are also a little older but love catching up with other couples for some social activities. Make sure you look at the night activities before you head on down there and pack some gear for the nightly themes, its always a lot of fun to dress up.

A & L
andrewb
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 31 Jan 2014

Postby mrstommer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Yes, indeed, Pearl is a wonderful place full of happy people…naked. I never felt pressured to do anything by anyone. It is all about you and your spouse, and the limits you define before you arrive. Talk over any concerns you may encounter when you get there, so the two of you do not have any misunderstandings. We are not swingers. This will be our third return, and hopefully not our last. We are passionate about each other, and the Pearl only stoked the flames. Come and enjoy yourselves. Everyone leaves their troubles behind! :D
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Postby beachcouple/ma » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi, Also our first time there. From all the posts we have read we feel we made a great choice. Sounds like a lot of liked minded couples who are looking for the same kind of experince. Look forward to meeting you . Dave & Andrea :-D
beachcouple/ma
Desire Convert

Postby bsakatm12 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:15 am

If you were a big fan of Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco), then you should really enjoy Desire Pearl. We have tried all of the similar resorts since Braco closed and we've found Pearl to be the best replacement for Braco. Especially the pool. Plus, Pearl has the added bonus of Happy Hour at the Hot Tub. There, you won't get warned to "cool it" if you decide see if your wife's nipples taste good with tequila, like might happen at Hidden Beach or at N ;)

Seriously, relax. From what you've said, you and your wife will be very comfortable and will have a great time.
bsakatm12
Desire Fan

Postby scdi2003 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 pm

We were long time Braco repeaters. When it closed, we tried Hidden Beach twice but we are ow looking for something a little more adventurous. This will be out first trip to Desire with a trip to Pearl in February. We loved the hot tub sunset cocktail party at Braco. The hot tub at Braco was very large so that was one of the reasons we selected Pearl instead of RM. Going to a new AN resort always raises the anxiety level but I know that within a few minutes of arrival (and having that first drink), it will be great
scdi2003
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Nov 2014

Postby shore128 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

We were long-time Braco repeat customers as well. We liked alot of features about Braco, particularly the hot tub. The hottub at Desire Pearl is in a class by itself, and of course as you know has a swimup bar so no long trips to the clubhouse for drinks as at the former Braco. And the selection of quality liquors at Pearl is impressive. You should enjoy Pearl, it is really a great facility, nice clientele and has top notch amenties and service. We certainly did, although we're still a little partial to Desire RM (and would recommend spending at least one evening there, as it is generally very lively and alot of fun at night)
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby dnk2desire » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:06 am

We are like many of you, in that we've been to the "vanilla" nude resorts, including Grand Lido Braco. We loved Braco, but even before the place closed down, we knew we wanted something more erotic. We are not in the lifestyle. We just love that amped sexual vibe! When combined with the whole Caribbean/tropical surroundings, it's indescribable!

We've been to both Desire RM and Pearl. We can say that they are more than ample replacements for Braco. If you liked the hot tub at Braco, you will LOVE the hot tubs at either of the Desire resorts! They are simply better than Braco's. The pool at Braco was pretty incredible... RM's pool is a bit lacking in comparison... but Pearl's pool is right there with Braco's.

We first experienced Desire RM in 2008, based on advice from friends that had done Braco over a dozen times. They also are not in the lifestyle. Our initial fears were like many of yours. But after experiencing it, you'll more than likely find that the lifestyle crowd is a fun, outgoing bunch that's really not looking to pressure anyone into anything. They fully understand that many of the couples there are simply trying to take in that incredible vibe in their owns ways.

DnK
dnk2desire
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2023

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl