WARNING--Theft of Items From Room

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

WARNING--Theft of Items From Room

Postby runner » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:06 pm

We arrived here at Pearl on Friday - today is Thursday. Sunday one of my wife's fancy bras was stolen from the room as was my Leatherman. I made a theft report and management seems to be taking it seriously. Today a n expensive fancy sequin sweater was stolen. We've been to Cabo, RM and Pearl twelve times and have never had a situation like this. Beware.
I won't book here again without bringing a nanny-cam to monitor the room while we are out.
runner

Re: WARNING--Theft of Items From Room

Postby Humminbyrd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:12 am

Really sorry to hear that. We have been to one Desire or another 4 times and never heard of anything like that. And we are certainly not very cautious about our security!
Humminbyrd
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2012

Postby neatfeet » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:25 am

I think I saw this question earlier on another post, but are there in-room safes in all room categories?
neatfeet
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019

Postby poolcple » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

neatfeet wrote:I think I saw this question earlier on another post, but are there in-room safes in all room categories?

There are safes in the rooms.
poolcple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2013

Postby seawitch » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanku! We wil b ther in 3wks & will use the safe for sure! Hope it's big enough for all my shoes!!! Hahaha! Seriously tho I hope ur items r found & returnd & the person or persons r caught & fired immediatly! Sorry u had a bad experience & hope they can make it right by u,,, %%- goodluk
seawitch
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 Dec 2013

Postby runner » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:29 pm

We checked out today. The Desire management told us they investigated the recorded key entries to our room as well as video tapes. All were inconclusive and they concluded that another passenger took the items. We had a first floor Master Suite that has two sliding doors that open to private patios that are well concealed with foliage. These patios would provide cover to someone entering the room from the rear doors. Interestingly, management searched our room for these items after we reported the incident. This search was conducted in from of three Desire staff and EVERYTHING was handled and searched, including underwear, toiletries etc. Take note of this procedure before you report an incident like this. The staff explained that they wanted to make sure that we didn't misplace the items. All in all, this was a very interesting experience.
runner

Postby highclassinborrowedshoes » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 am

seawitch wrote:Thanku! We wil b ther in 3wks & will use the safe for sure! Hope it's big enough for all my shoes!!! Hahaha! Seriously tho I hope ur items r found & returnd & the person or persons r caught & fired immediatly! Sorry u had a bad experience & hope they can make it right by u,,, %%- goodluk

Becareful using hotel safes they are easily opened - just search youtube for "hotel safes" I lock my stff in my hard side suitcase. It is a little more weird to see someone carrying a single suitcase out of a room. Then again except for passports we don't take expensive items.
highclassinborrowedshoes
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Mar 2017

Postby runner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I've recently been using the Milockie Hotel Safe lock. http://www.milockie.com . It is relatively inexpensive, easy to use on the typical push-button hotel safe and lets you use your own lock to secure the contents. There are some interesting videos on You Tube that demonstrate how easy it is to get into the ubiquitous hotel safe.
runner

Postby CokeMann » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Just a note here folks

The OP described missing clothing items that where left openly available within their room.
- not items that went missing from their room safe
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby neatfeet » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Would a standard Master padlock fit the opening on the safe, or is the Milockie smaller?

Thanks
neatfeet
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019

Postby werfun » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Have read several posts about things missing from rooms at Desire and have to say that outside of a small amount of money and our passports that go into the room safe upon check in we don't take many valuable items. Desire isn't any different than other hotels or resorts as they can have a few bad employees as well as many great employees.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby runner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 pm

neatfeet wrote:Would a standard Master padlock fit the opening on the safe, or is the Milockie smaller?

Thanks

You cannot use a padlock on the hotel safe without a device like the Milockie. The Milockie consists of a magnet that goes inside the hotel safe. You then close and lock the hotel safe in the regular way. The Milockie device then attaches to the outside end of the strap and you can attach your regular padlock to the Milockie. I use the type of padlock where you can set your own 4 digit code so there is no need to carry a key.
As Cokeman noted, the items that were taken from us were not in the safe. (We'd need a large gun safe just for my wife's shoes alone) :lol: We had all the stuff lined up on the counters and it resembled a department store as most of the stuff was new with tags. Whatever - someone will have a sexy merry Christmas in Cancun this year.
runner

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl