Pearl Lobby Renovation(?)

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pearl Lobby Renovation(?)

Postby thekastle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 am

Back in October, 2013, Alessio G, Manager at Desire Pearl Resort & Spa, responded to a review on
Trip Advisor with the following quote - "I'd like to tell you the good news when it comes to the improvements of the hotel. As you might know we have been opened as Desire Resort &Spa for only one year and half, so we are working as quickly as possible to exceed your expectations. We are planning to close the lobby area with glass and will air condition it for the 2014."

Has anyone heard or seen any movement in this direction?
thekastle
Desire Fan

Re: Pearl Lobby Renovation(?)

Postby thekastle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Well I guess this topic has no information available. Sorry Management did not respond. Is there still a Management Section on this board? Ok we will be there this Summer and will find out. It is a shame that a simple question could not be answered by a simple - " WE HOPED TO DO IT THIS YEAR, HOWEVER, THERE WE MORE PRESSING ITEMS TO ADDRESS, thank you Desire Mgmt."
thekastle
Desire Fan

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Management doesn't respond to posts here. Your best bet is to write to them directly, or post your query on their Facebook page....make up a fake one if you're concerned with privacy.
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby BottomsUp » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am

I sure hope they don't enclose the entire lobby area by the bar and sushi tables? That would suck!! Kinda like when Desire RM closed up the palapa and guests could no longer use that area.
The open air is nice when socializing after dinner. If anything, it would be a better use of space to
remove the fountain outside the lobby area and create another area for lounging. Suspended beds, padded
chairs, tables, romantic lighting, similar to Desire RM. Under the stars yet close to bar and facilities.
The fountain is beautiful but such a wasted space.
Just my thoughts.

Mrs Bottoms Up
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby fess990 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:49 pm

When we were there a few weeks ago, we heard there was a plan to drain the pond and expand the lobby area. That would be great. May help with the mosquitoes too.
fess990

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl