T/A review of Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

T/A review of Pearl

Postby clivefunguy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 am

Saw a new review of Pearl on travel advisor. The person trashed the place. We haven't been there yet, going in May. So we can't comment on it. Thoughts?
clivefunguy
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 May 2015

Re: T/A review of Pearl

Postby CokeMann » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:04 am

Quite funny actually - sounds like just a way of blowing off after the hubby booked an unknowing wife into somewhere she was not comfortable in being there, since they didn't stay the night and got no refund for the minimum stay thus the negative review - happens fairly often ;)
ie - at Pearl if you can see the pool from your room, then for sure you can see the ocean(ie oceanview room)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby clivefunguy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am

True. Maybe do a little research next time would be my advice. I did get a kick out of the shock they expressed when viewing the activities at the pool. I would be disappointed if nothing was going on. That's why my wife and I want to go.
clivefunguy
Desire Convert

Postby Coupleat302 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 am

Quick!... Somebody message her and ask what she packed for the theme nights!
Coupleat302
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby adrian » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 am

I think that the above analysis of this reason for this patently ridiculous review is correct and that it is based on some perceived horror of sexuality. Now I don't want to be bitchy or to stereotype people (OK really I do) but if you read the other reviews of this person on TA you will see that she/he uses as a very important factor the state of the gym and the quality of its equipment. Now I understand that exercize has its rightful place in life; but may I suggest that this level of concern about it may suggest that some internal sexual repression is being released by an over indulgence in exercize. Give up the exercize during your vacation and have some FUN.
adrian
Desire Convert

Postby clivefunguy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am

Surprised she didn't stay to experience the playroom and the hot tub at night. Lol. But then again maybe not.
clivefunguy
Desire Convert

Postby danbo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Have to agree with cokeman, probably a surprise for the wife. I don't imagine he will be surprised if he has no sex for the rest of the vacation! No good deed goes unpunished.
Seeing as we haven't been there yet, I can't defend the place but one only has to look at pretty much all the other reports to realize she's a bit of a wingnut.
Cheers, Dan
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby joymac » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm

That sounds like one happy relationship!!! Bad T/A reviews actually can be quite funny! This reminds me of our first trip to Desire in 2004 when we met a couple where the wife was less than pleased. She proceeded to accuse most of the housekeeping and spa staff of stealing her shoes....which she later found in her suitcase!!! :CAN
joymac
Desire Convert

Postby Justskin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 pm

We've not been to the Pearl either, but we have zero concerns with any of it going in.
If it is half as nice as Desire Cabo or Cancun, life will be good.

Some people just aren't cut out for it...thank goodness. We'd never be able to get a room! :)
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Funtimes111 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 pm

We went last July and it was our first clothing. Optional resort and had a great time. We are not n lifestyle but the whole point of going is for nudity and sexual behavior. If that does not interest you then ny are you booking there. We had such fun that we are going again this July.
Funtimes111
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Postby werfun » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Just read the trip report and the other three that she wrote from Mar.6 through Mar.12 and can't help but laugh. To us it seems that she is a snob that only likes high end, well known places and any other place is a dump. We have been to the two places that she reviewed on Maui and they are nice but we would not give then top rating like she did, just read some other reviewers for the same places.
All of us should be glad that she dislikes Desire so much that way she will not be back to ruin other peoples vacation with her negative outlook.
Let her spend her days working out in the gym.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby bluewatercpl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 am

I am so glad that I don't have to wake up to this attitude in the morning. This lady has the right to feel what ever she feels but really, you have to hope that she learns to chill out and enjoy life. Tomorrow you may die. Did she not do any research before she agreed to go to Pearl? I can only hope that her partner didn't surprise her.
These quotes from her report say it all:

"This place is what comes to my mind when I hear the word nightmare! I should also say that even though we did not stay the night matter, of fact only a few hours..."

"All I knew at that point was that I would argue the charges later but I wanted the fastest taxi out of that nursing home for perverts as quickly as I could."

Only stayed a few hours........ Really, this sounds like someone that is very uncomfortable with their sexuality and never should have gone to a Desire resort. My wife and I can afford fine hotels and have never found anything about Pearl to be "GROSS!." To the contrary, we find it to be very high class. We are going back in August for our anniversary . This will be our second trip in 2014, we can't wait!
J & S
Kasidie: Bluewatercpl
Twitter: Bluewatercpl
KIK: Bluewatercpl
bluewatercpl
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby bchcpl2445 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Specific complaints on TA or any trip report need to be taken with a grain of salt. Trends are much more telling of how things actually are.
The trends for Pearl are quite positive and favorable. Hope you enjoy your trip.
"Loved Pearl in Feb '14 & Nov '14"
bchcpl2445
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2014

Postby scdi2003 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:39 pm

We totally agree with all the posts. We had traveled to Grand Lido Braco (AN) side and Hidden Beach many times over the past few years. My wife was very concerned about going to Desire. Our first trip was last February and she is telling a select group of friends that is was the best trip ever in terms of food, service, entertainment and fun. We have rebooked for next November.
scdi2003
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Nov 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl