We are booked!

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

We are booked!

Postby FromSeattle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you everyone for your input and help in our decision to book a week at Desire Pearl in August. We fly in on the 26th of August and fly out on the 2nd of September. 7 days in paradise. We are very much looking forward to our week there. We have the hotel, airfare and USA transfers booked.

So now here comes the next set of questions. What are your recommendations on packing (clothes, costumes, extras that we can't or shouldn't expect to buy there)? Is there any other pre-planning I should do before we go? Anyone here planning on being there the same time?

Chuck :US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Re: We are booked!

Postby werfun » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Now the big decisions is over and the hard part is coming up, waiting until its time to go. Know that you will love it again you can be as wild or as tame as you want to be at Desire.
When we go we take 2 or 3 outfits of regular clothes plus what we wear on the flight there. We usually spend the day naked in the pool and spa only dressing up for dinner, swim suit to wear to pool, shorts, a couple of t shirts, a pair of casual shoes. Check the website to see what the theme nights are and then decide if you want to join in or not. If you plan on joining in then you need to pack clothes for that theme. Husband usually has one suitcase while wife has at least two.
Enjoy your trip and don't forget to write a trip report when you return home, that is unless you are to busy planning your next trip.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby FromSeattle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 pm

I couldn't find September themes. We don't leave until the 2nd and I wanted to know what the theme is for the 1st.

What is the likelihood of getting a free upgrade the day we show up?

Has anyone been at the end of August before? Is the weather OK? I hear reports that hurricane season is as early as late August and as late as late September. What has been your experience?
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:29 am

FromSeattle wrote:I couldn't find September themes. We don't leave until the 2nd and I wanted to know what the theme is for the 1st.
Just check the Pearl Website, any changes are posted there.

Has anyone been at the end of August before? Is the weather OK? I hear reports that hurricane season is as early as late August and as late as late September. What has been your experience?
Officially, the Atlantic hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th. We've been many times in August and early Sept, the weather is usually great(occasional 20 min rains that just blows thru)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby FromSeattle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:06 am

CokeMann wrote:
FromSeattle wrote:I couldn't find September themes. We don't leave until the 2nd and I wanted to know what the theme is for the 1st.
Just check the Pearl Website, any changes are posted there.

Officially, the Atlantic hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th. We've been many times in August and early Sept, the weather is usually great(occasional 20 min rains that just blows thru)

Thank you very much
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby Miacpl30 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:39 pm

We will be there at the same time. . We get in the 28th and will be there thru Labor Day. Its our first trip to pearl but been to RM 4 times including now in few weeks. We were there at Riviera Maya last labor day weekend and it was great. I take jeans and nice slacks and dress shirt for night activities, few tshirts and a pair or two of shorts, sandals and pair of dress shoes for night. Should get all in carry on. Agree with werfun says. Give me a shout if have any questions.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby FromSeattle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:40 pm

We'll be the couple that acts VERY antisocial to start. Hopefully the wife "loosens" up after a day or 2. We are very much looking forward to the vacation though.
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl