Theme nights 101 for newbies

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Theme nights 101 for newbies

Postby Budlee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 am

Hi All,

We're looking forward to our first visit to Pearl, first week of June. As soon as we booked, I began collecting costumes for the themes posted. Then, they changed the themes and now I have stuff I don't need (animal print, neon, arabian nights) and will have to start putting together outfits for the new list of themes. But, before I do that, how often do they change the themes? Do you think they'll change again, before our trip? And, if you don't dress the theme, are you therefore not allowed into the night club that night? How many of the men dress for the theme? And, finally, what in the world are people wearing for Kings and Queens????

Thanks everyone. We are so looking forward to our first trip to Pearl

Lee and Bud
Budlee
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Re: Theme nights 101 for newbies

Postby Justskin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 am

Given the history with theme changes we won't do or purchase anything until about two weeks before we leave...
We've shown up at Desire resorts with a complete week of themes that didn't match due to last minute changes on their part. Fortunately none of the costumes amounted to much actual clothing. :D
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Budlee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. :D Enjoy your trip.
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby bill_monica » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Budlee wrote:And, finally, what in the world are people wearing for Kings and Queens????

The default selection for men should be "au natural" like in the Emperor new clothes . :lol:
Don't forget the crown though [-X
bill_monica
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 17 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SpicyMatch

Postby glennuw » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:37 pm

We are at DP now. The theme nights are fun but quick. No need to spend a lot of money on outfits.
Not Like Others,
Glenn & Maiken
glennuw
Desire Convert

We are from: Denmark
We arrive on: 09 May 2024

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 pm

The best way to figure out the costume is to make sure it fits in the palm of your hand... This advise was given by someone on this forum awhile ago and it worked for us :D
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby Budlee » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:12 am

Thanks everyone for the great replies. Much appreciated. We are really looking forward to our first being beyond expectations.

Bud and Lee
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby twomuchfuninthesun » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:54 am

We would suggest you put your (understandably so) excited shopping energy into sexy clothing that you cannot/would not wear at home, to wear for meals, and pre dinner drinks etc. From our experience ce these micro dresses and see through tops, crazy sexy shoes are far more interesting than some of the theme nights! The requirement for these never changes, get your theme outfits closer to your departure - most important though, have a GREAT time!!!
twomuchfuninthesun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD spidynjen

Postby Budlee » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks for that tip about dressing for dinner and drinks. I guess I have to rethink my wardrobe for that, as well. I was planning on mostly sundresses - sexy ones, but not necessarily see-through. Soooo.... I should be thinking more along the lines of wearing for dinner at Pearl what others at a clothing required resort would wear as a beach cover-up?
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby Mr_big60564 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 am

Budlee: my advice is to not overthink it. If you feel sexy in your sundress then wear it to dinner and enjoy yourself. Nobody is going to think less of you for not wearing a seethru dress to dinner. In our experience at Desire people appreciate a sexy getup but are not judgmental toward those who may be a bit more covered up. :D
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby Sugar77 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:41 pm

twomuchfuninthesun wrote:We would suggest you put your (understandably so) excited shopping energy into sexy clothing that you cannot/would not wear at home, to wear for meals, and pre dinner drinks etc. From our experience ce these micro dresses and see through tops, crazy sexy shoes are far more interesting than some of the theme nights! The requirement for these never changes, get your theme outfits closer to your departure - most important though, have a GREAT time!!!

How formal and dressed up should the guys be for drinks and drinks without being under or over dressed? I understand that collared shirts, long pants, and covered toe shoes are required at the restaurants, but does this mean long sleeve dress shirt, dress pants, and socks with dress shoes, are the norm? or is a nice short sleeve dress shirt or polo short, with casual khaki pants and a pair of loafers without socks, also ok? I'm fine with any of the above or somewhere in between and will definitely be dressing nice when my lady is dressing nice, but just trying to get a sense of what the norm to avoid being under or too over dressed? Assume the dress standard would be the same at both Pearl and RM (as we are splitting our time)? Thanks for any info!

K&J
Pearl Jun 27-Jul 1
RM Jul 1-6
:CAN
Sugar77
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2014

Postby Lisasunseeker » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:37 pm

We were at Pearl last November and are returning in June :) My husband took dressy chinos and dressy jeans with loafers that he wore without socks. He wore long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up a bit so he didn't get too warm. There were a few men that were much less dressed up than my husband, and a couple of men that were more dressed up. Most of them were dressed comparably. As long as they look put together and not sloppy, the men look great. I wanted my husband to look nice but at the same time feel comfortable.
Bryan and Lisa
Lisasunseeker
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie-MarathonPair

Postby Sugar77 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Lisasunseeker wrote:We were at Pearl last November and are returning in June :) My husband took dressy chinos and dressy jeans with loafers that he wore without socks. He wore long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up a bit so he didn't get too warm. There were a few men that were much less dressed up than my husband, and a couple of men that were more dressed up. Most of them were dressed comparably. As long as they look put together and not sloppy, the men look great. I wanted my husband to look nice but at the same time feel comfortable.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

K&J
Sugar77
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2014

Postby Justskin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Could someone please post the latest and most current themes...
We're starting to get stuff together for our May 1st departure.

Many thanks!
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CokeMann » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Justskin wrote:Could someone please post the latest and most current themes...

The ones posted on the Pearl Website are the current ones
CokeMann
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl