Upgrading to penthouse

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Upgrading to penthouse

Postby J&K » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Has anyone upgraded from ocean view to penthouse thru the resort? Either via email in advance or upon arrival? If so what was the cost per night?

We have an ocean view booked thru a third party for 3 nights and a penthouse also booked thru a 3rd party for 4 nights. We would like to upgrade the ocean view part of the reservation. I emailed the resort and got two responses (from the same person oddly enough) on different days. The first email quoted $800 total for the 3 night so $267 extra a night and the second email (2 days later) quoted $1000 for the 3 nights so $333 extra a night but it also mentioned a lobster dinner and 2 massages.

Please share if these quotes align with your experiences. We usually wait until arrival to try to upgrade anywhere but not sure if Pearl works the same. If you prefer pm'ing the info that is fine too.

Thanks!!!
Returning to RM 4/9/22 to 4/15/22. Can’t wait!
J&K
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Upgrading to penthouse

Postby gaviao » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:24 pm

I Highly recommend you call to the Mexican reservations office and talk directly with Valerie Benech.
She will explain you very clearely all you need to know.
We've made a reservation for 8 nights in an ocean front room (paying just six, taking advantage of the promotion 4x3) and made an upgrade to a master suite for $650. more, including a Lobster and Champagne dinner, plus two relaxing massages (which you may upgrade to sensual or erotic massage for couple).

TOLL FREE USA 1 888 201 7551
TOLL FREE CANADA 1 800 6559311
NUMERO GRATUITO MEXICO 01 800 500 0587
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby animal hats » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:57 pm

J&K wrote:Has anyone upgraded from ocean view to penthouse thru the resort? Either via email in advance or upon arrival? If so what was the cost per night?

We have an ocean view booked thru a third party for 3 nights and a penthouse also booked thru a 3rd party for 4 nights. We would like to upgrade the ocean view part of the reservation. I emailed the resort and got two responses (from the same person oddly enough) on different days. The first email quoted $800 total for the 3 night so $267 extra a night and the second email (2 days later) quoted $1000 for the 3 nights so $333 extra a night but it also mentioned a lobster dinner and 2 massages.

Please share if these quotes align with your experiences. We usually wait until arrival to try to upgrade anywhere but not sure if Pearl works the same. If you prefer pm'ing the info that is fine too.

Thanks!!!

Hi j&k, rates may have risen this year, being members, we get a discount on the upgrade. But our trip last year we did the upgrade at the resort...we were able to do the romance package at a better price. Face to face seem to work well for us. Occupancy always figures into the equation.
animal hats
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby 2NJ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 am

Last October we ungraded upon arrival for $450 total. That was for 5 nights. It's all about occupancy. We have been back once since but no rooms were availible. We also received a lobster dinner, two massages and free airport transfers.
2NJ

We arrive on: 24 May 2014

Postby animal hats » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:20 pm

2NJ wrote:Last October we ungraded upon arrival for $450 total. That was for 5 nights. It's all about occupancy. We have been back once since but no rooms were availible. We also received a lobster dinner, two massages and free airport transfers.

We did the upgrade last Oct. As well, did we meet ? lol..we'll try to do the same this Oct. Too .
animal hats
Desire Addict

Postby mikeandcatherine2014 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am

We booked a penthouse April 23rd for five days. No mention of add-ons like massages or lobster dinners. Are these perks that they might give us upon arrival if we ask for them? This is our second trip to pearl but first in a penthouse. Although expensive, It sounds incredible. It sounds like a party fixin' to happen! We're looking forward to a fun trip and hope to meet some new friends. We're easy to spot. She's the beautiful blonde and I'm the one with the big smile on my face.

Mike and Catherine
mikeandcatherine2014

We arrive on: 23 Apr 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: aff

Postby animal hats » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 pm

mikeandcatherine2014 wrote:We booked a penthouse April 23rd for five days. No mention of add-ons like massages or lobster dinners. Are these perks that they might give us upon arrival if we ask for them? This is our second trip to pearl but first in a penthouse. Although expensive, It sounds incredible. It sounds like a party fixin' to happen! We're looking forward to a fun trip and hope to meet some new friends. We're easy to spot. She's the beautiful blonde and I'm the one with the big smile on my face.

Mike and Catherine

M & C , you must include a package "romance or lovers "which ever includes the lobster dinner etc. you might get a better chance of working a deal at the resort at this point! Have your butler look into getting you a deal! Which they will gladly do.
animal hats
Desire Addict

Postby J&K » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks everyone for the advice. As mentioned above we advance booked the penthouse for 4 nights bc of a deal we couldn't refuse on cheap tickets. But just the ocean for the 1st 3 nights or our trip. So I started negotiating with the manager online and I could only get it down to $800 more for our 3 nights upgrade from ocean to penthouse but including the package, lobster dinner, champagne, 2 massages. We decided we wanted the massages anyway, add in the dinner, and the fact that we don't want to have to move rooms 3 days into our trip we took it. I agree though that we probably could of negotiated for less upon arrival. However there is always the risk none are available. They said it was the last one but they could always be a sales tactic of course. But thanks for the advice. Now we just have to count the days until our penthouse party may 10-17.

As for those of you going in October, when in October? We usually take a trip somewhere in May and October. This is our 1st trip to Pearl. Sounds like we will want to come back.
Returning to RM 4/9/22 to 4/15/22. Can’t wait!
J&K
Desire Addict

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 am

J&K, I think it was a good deal. I suggest upgrade your massages for a Sensual Massage; I think you'll pay around $75. But it may be negotiated once you're there.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby animal hats » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 pm

J&K wrote:Thanks everyone for the advice. As mentioned above we advance booked the penthouse for 4 nights bc of a deal we couldn't refuse on cheap tickets. But just the ocean for the 1st 3 nights or our trip. So I started negotiating with the manager online and I could only get it down to $800 more for our 3 nights upgrade from ocean to penthouse but including the package, lobster dinner, champagne, 2 massages. We decided we wanted the massages anyway, add in the dinner, and the fact that we don't want to have to move rooms 3 days into our trip we took it. I agree though that we probably could of negotiated for less upon arrival. However there is always the risk none are available. They said it was the last one but they could always be a sales tactic of course. But thanks for the advice. Now we just have to count the days until our penthouse party may 10-17.

As for those of you going in October, when in October? We usually take a trip somewhere in May and October. This is our 1st trip to Pearl. Sounds like we will want to come back.

J & K.... Sweet ! Enjoy those" sunrises" and the beautiful deck. We'll be there Oct. 15-23 ...we don't travel with a particular group, it's like 10- 12 couples that seem to travel the same time every year ! Always a blast without the group pressure.
animal hats
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl