Body issues - First time at Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Body issues - First time at Desire Pearl

Postby mo couple1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 am

Ok, I could really use some help. Hubby and I are heading to Desire Pearl in around a month and I could just use a lil reassurance. I'm 5'3", 155 lbs. Being in my late forties, it's just a lot tougher than it used to be to lose some pounds. Hubby (and friends) say I look awesome in and out of my bikini (yes, he knows just what to say.) But, I've got a bit of a tummy pouch after 3 kids and a lil C-section scar. I guess my question is, how out of place am I going to be? Normally, I don't have that many concerns (we're in the LS and often spend 'quality' ;) time with couples in their 30's. After looking at some of the ladies photos on our Yahoo group and another website, it just concerns me that I don't have the body I used to or look anything like many of these gorgeous women ....concerned enough almost to the point of not going. It's not that I have any problem whatsoever with being naked, or PDA, or participating in any of the theme nights. I just don't want to be 'that' girl, still trying to look like I'm 20 and just not succeeding. Having said that, Hubby and I have bought a lot of new lingerie for each of the theme nights and I'm trying to convince myself I'll fit in. I'd appreciate some honest opinions from both guys and gals - Is it still possible for someone with a few extra pounds to still feel sexy at Desire..Are there other men and women interested in being intimate with someone like me?..or am I setting myself up to feel like an outsider for 6 days while there. ..would really appreciate some input!
mo couple1

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 May 2014

Re: Body issues - First time at Desire Pearl

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:13 pm

You are going to the right resort! How many "perfect" women have I seen there? One or two. How many "normal" women have I seen? Loads! And guess what? They're all lovely, and friendly, and non judgemental. Every size and shape you can imagine.
We're in the older age bracket, I (she) am 51, and do I want to look like I'm trying to be 20? Hell yes! Where else in the world can I go to dinner in a totally sheer dress and get compliments not snide comments.
As my OH will confirm, this resort has changed me, for the better. My self confidence soars, not plummets when I come here, and a little bit stays with me when I get home too.
Buy the sexiest clothes you want to, pull those shoulders back, push those boobies forward, and strut your stuff. We are all beautiful!
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby OilMan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 pm

:L :L :L 48 going on 38.
OilMan
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 07 Oct 2020

Postby Justskin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Go forth and enjoy, you are likely ten times sexier than you suspect. @};-

And personality is 70% of sexy, it sounds cliched, but it is true.... Go have fun!
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby GrandRapidscpl » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Hello, we're coming at you from the 20 year old perspective here. We are 28&29 the first time we went was last year and had the time of our lives. There are going to be some tens there and some twos if your talking about standard definition of beauty. The great thing is that no one cares. We were the youngest people there with the Average age being upper 30s everyone just seems to be happy with no judgment at all. I can't speak for everyone around our age but we didn't judge or notice anyone that was older or not in shape as us. The weird thing is that when everyone is nude( which 90% were) you really don't notice the whole weight thing as much for some reason everyone looks great as long as there having a great time. Don't worry about the pooch and c section scar. We have a 2 yr old and 3 yr old so the wife has that loose skin pooch that you can't get rid of without surgery and a 2 year old c section scat herself. Trust me Noone noticed or cared. Just go ... get excited because your going to have an awesome time.
GrandRapidscpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2013

Postby bobsharon79 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 pm

I love your attitudes !!!! We are 59 and 60 going on 25. Its all about attitude. Beauty comes from the inside !!! Go strut !!!
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Saw a great shirt this weekend in Key West....."I'm not 50, I'm 18 with 32 years of experience". That's the attitude at Desire, go and rock it!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby CokeMann » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:Saw a great shirt this weekend in Key West....."I'm not 50, I'm 18 with 32 years of experience". That's the attitude at Desire, go and rock it!
:L
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby wldnwackypacpl » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 am

mo couple1 wrote:Ok, I could really use some help. Hubby and I are heading to Desire Pearl in around a month and I could just use a lil reassurance. I'm 5'3", 155 lbs. Being in my late forties, it's just a lot tougher than it used to be to lose some pounds. Hubby (and friends) say I look awesome in and out of my bikini (yes, he knows just what to say.) But, I've got a bit of a tummy pouch after 3 kids and a lil C-section scar. I guess my question is, how out of place am I going to be? Normally, I don't have that many concerns (we're in the LS and often spend 'quality' ;) time with couples in their 30's. After looking at some of the ladies photos on our Yahoo group and another website, it just concerns me that I don't have the body I used to or look anything like many of these gorgeous women ....concerned enough almost to the point of not going. It's not that I have any problem whatsoever with being naked, or PDA, or participating in any of the theme nights. I just don't want to be 'that' girl, still trying to look like I'm 20 and just not succeeding. Having said that, Hubby and I have bought a lot of new lingerie for each of the theme nights and I'm trying to convince myself I'll fit in. I'd appreciate some honest opinions from both guys and gals - Is it still possible for someone with a few extra pounds to still feel sexy at Desire..Are there other men and women interested in being intimate with someone like me?..or am I setting myself up to feel like an outsider for 6 days while there. ..would really appreciate some input!

You have nothing to worry about. Be you, be comfortable and fun and that — really — is the sexiest thing ever. You sound like you won't be remotely out of place — there are many couples in their 40 and 50s and none of us come without a bit of milage (and the resulting experience and perspective that make us way more fun).

Relax, have fun and don't overthink it.
wldnwackypacpl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Jul 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, APG

Postby Budlee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 am

We'll be 51 and 52 when we visit Pearl for the first time in June. Coming from a naturalist background (we belong to a family-friendly naturalist pool club with members from 8 years old to 88+), we've seen it all and have learned that we're not sunbathing or swimming naked for anyone else's pleasure other than our own. Sure, we've both got some pounds to lose (nobody's perfect), but I'm into him, he's into me, and we're very secure in that. If my extra weight or hysterectomy scars are a turnoff to others, then don't approach us. But, if you're interested in meeting smart, fun, secure, adventurous people, then look past the extra pounds and come over to say hi. From what I've read, our sort of attitude is what prevails at Pearl - we look forward to enjoying being naked with other like-minded guests.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby mthomas34616 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Do not worry. I am hung like a fruit fly,and I have the biggest ego
mthomas34616
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 May 2014

Postby morse » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:27 am

Don't worry, I am 49, my weight is the best kept secret in the world ( let's say I have a lot of muscles ;) ) and last year I won the Chippendale competition...
So at Desire you only have to enjoy life.
morse
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 Aug 2014

Postby honeycouple » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 am

Funny that this question comes up a LOT...
GO, get naked and enjoy. No one is perfect and just remember this: A Naked Crowed is a HAPPY crowd
No one will judge you.

Were are both early 40's.
Me(Mike) - 6'2 255lbs, love handles, a few extra lbs...but ive never felt judged or excluded at Desire because of my size.
Annalisa is ..well I wont tell her weight because I don't think the scale is right. Lets just say I find her stunning, gorgeous and sexy just the way she is. Ive never heard anyone complain either.

Once your naked, the walls and peoples guard seem to come down and you see just how much fun the experience can be.
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Postby brewandsue » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:13 pm

mthomas34616 wrote:Do not worry. I am hung like a fruit fly,and I have the biggest ego

Hilarious! Great attitude!!!
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby brewandsue » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:19 pm

bobsharon79 wrote:I love your attitudes !!!! We are 59 and 60 going on 25. Its all about attitude. Beauty comes from the inside !!! Go strut !!!

We agree wholeheartedly with Bob & Sharon! Nudity is the great equalizer. Attitude and personality make you beautiful.
And remember that not only is nobody perfect...everyone is there to have a good time! If anyone acts too cool for you, there will be lots of others who want to enjoy your company and who think you're hot!!! :wink:
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl