Picture Taking

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Picture Taking

Postby OKcouple4x » Wed May 21, 2014 10:40 pm

I will say, we forgot our camera and phones when we went to dinner with a gorgeous australian couple last time.. we all wanted to take pics together and never managed to do so. Dinner is a great time with everyone all dressed up to take 'clean' pics :)
Looking for fun in our travels :)
OKcouple4x
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2023

Postby Barerunners » Wed May 21, 2014 10:55 pm

That's funny, my desire dinner wear is not "safe" for pics to take home..lol..
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby adrian » Fri May 23, 2014 11:11 am

What's the big deal about picture taking?? Once a camera is out, you have no idea what surreptitious pictures are being taken on the side. And if you have seen any of the voyeur sites on the internet, you really do not want to unknowingly apppear on any of them. Some people can get fired for simply being at DP. Some people are not with their actual spouse.

At another resort, a man (there with his wife) was clearly taking such voyeur pictures so I, with my very large friend Ed, accosted him. And he was so "guilty" about it and so terrified of the consequences of what he was doing that he literally pissed himself on the beach. So even if guests with cameras look OK, some of them are truly wierd.

Personally I am there with my wife and I really dont care who knows I go to DP. However I really dont like to be in photos when I am not ready and posed. Generally, looking at the photos later we wonder who are the two "old fat" people in the picture. Unfortunately I have gotten to an age when I REALLY would like to be 20 years younger. Trouble is there is frankly nothing you can do about it. Apart from exercizing vigorously and eating right and that only goes so far. So please dont include me in your pictures and frankly I would prefer that you put the camera away and thus make clear to everyone that you are not the wierd guy at the hotel.
adrian
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada

Postby Pete&Gina » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

adrian wrote:What's the big deal about picture taking?? Once a camera is out, you have no idea what surreptitious pictures are being taken on the side. And if you have seen any of the voyeur sites on the internet, you really do not want to unknowingly apppear on any of them. Some people can get fired for simply being at DP. Some people are not with their actual spouse.

At another resort, a man (there with his wife) was clearly taking such voyeur pictures so I, with my very large friend Ed, accosted him. And he was so "guilty" about it and so terrified of the consequences of what he was doing that he literally pissed himself on the beach. So even if guests with cameras look OK, some of them are truly wierd.

Personally I am there with my wife and I really dont care who knows I go to DP. However I really dont like to be in photos when I am not ready and posed. Generally, looking at the photos later we wonder who are the two "old fat" people in the picture. Unfortunately I have gotten to an age when I REALLY would like to be 20 years younger. Trouble is there is frankly nothing you can do about it. Apart from exercizing vigorously and eating right and that only goes so far. So please dont include me in your pictures and frankly I would prefer that you put the camera away and thus make clear to everyone that you are not the wierd guy at the hotel.

Adrian I think you missed the point and/or didn't read ALL the replies. I stated I would NEVER, EVER take pictures of other people at Desire, especially if not clothed. Just taking pictures of my wife and have people take pictures of us using my camera...Pete
Pete&Gina
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Mar 2016

Postby twomuchfuninthesun » Fri May 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Clearly we all have different levels of comfort when it comes to discretion, while we do take lots of pictures when and only when we are private or with other consenting friends.
Like many things in life, it's the one or two that force the majority to set strict guidelines - fully understand/appreciate the no camera policy in public spaces at the resort.
Side note, we have some good pics of us with the terrific staff that we enjoy sharing with friends, "G" is SO photogenic!!!
twomuchfuninthesun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD spidynjen

Postby twosome » Sun May 25, 2014 6:59 am

Adrian I agree with you 100%. We don't want anyone in our pictures, and most of all we don't want to be in anyone's.
twosome
Desire Devotee

Postby Sugar77 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:37 am

We just noticed this recent video posted to You Tube that features Secrets Silversands but then Desire Pearl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTC3uZCpcQo

Looks like they took lots of pics and even video at the disco and also the foam party. None of the You Tube footage shows any other faces up close, but I'm sure they likely do have other footage in which other people can be seen and recognized. This really isn't appropriate in my opinion and I wouldn't be too impressed to see people with cameras around the pool, foam party, or disco, most especially video cameras. We don't want to have to be watching out backs to ensure we don't end up in the background of other people's pictures and videos. Would staff put a stop to this type of picture and video taking if they saw it and would other guests complain?

K&J
:CAN
Sugar77
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2014

Postby kirkster5 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:18 pm

I have to chime in hear on this one. If you want to take pictures early morning when nobody is around...fine. Dinner pictures...fine. But if I see you with your camera/phone/ipad etc. snapping pictures during the day in areas where I we might be enjoying our nude vacation.....problem. Look folks, there is a no camera policy in place for a reason. In this day of social media and facial recognition technology, even the accidental background shot of an unintended guest could have very negative consequences.

The thing is, for a lot of guests the promise of not being filmed or videotaped is why we are comfortable going to a place like Desire. Not to mention that much as we would like to think that everyone's intent is wholsome, the fact is there are always jerks that are going to take pics/vids for other than innocent purposes. By enforcing the no pictures policy it elimanates the chance of guests naked butts showing up on youtube.

The best example I can remember was of this guy at Desire Los Cabos who was attempting to sneak pictures at the pool. He was reported to staff. The staff confronted the man and made him delete the pictures and return the camera to his room. About 1/2 an hour later he returned to his loungechair with an Ipad. He was pretending to read but it became clear he was again taking pics/vids. A few of the guests decided to self-enforce the no camera policy. They snuck in behind him,verified he was indeed taking video and helped the Ipad take a swim!!

That is a pretty extreme example but it does illustrate that not everyone can be trusted. You can just feel the energy change when a camera is around. Instead of relaxing you are on edge a bit wondering the intent of that person. So my vote is to follow the policy of the resort which is no picture/vids at the beach/pool/hottub. Its just the right thing to do so all guests can have a great time and not worry.
kirkster5
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Nov 2016

Postby werfun » Sun May 25, 2014 5:03 pm

The only pictures we took at Desire was on our first trip , I was up at 6am ant took pictures of the grounds while no one was around yet then at dinner one time. The rest of the trip the camera stayed in our room safe. We could never understand why people brought their cells to the pool or hot tub, come on people you are on vacation leave the real world behind and enjoy this wonderfully place called Desire while you are there. You can always check your voice mail when you get back to your room. Very few of us have to be in instant contact with others that we have to carry the cell every minute.
You go to Desire to unwind, relax and forget the real world for a short time so we should be able to enjoy our visit without worrying about our picture being taken
without our knowing it.
SO LEAVE THE CAMERA AND CELL IN YOUR ROOM AND LET EVERYONE ENJOY THE TRIP.
We loved the story about the ipod ending up in the pool. serves the guy right. Its his type that gives all single most single guys a bad rap.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby kirkster5 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:13 pm

I should have mentioned the guy was NOT single. His wife/girlfriend was in the pool the whole time and am sure did not know what he was doing until she asked "honey, why is the IPAD dripping water". lol
I don't know for sure but we never saw them again and was told they were asked to leave.
kirkster5
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Nov 2016

Postby Barerunners » Sun May 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Lol, wow what a response, obviously a touchy subject...
My husband takes pictures of me only and friends on request. The scenery and beaches in the early days were ideal spots for nude photography, we have many from that time. My husband took thousands of photos and had that big digital camera in his hand all the time. But he never ever violated the basic trust...and was never asked by staff to put it away...don't let a few "peckerheads" spoil it for u....
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby greenapples5 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:28 am

Sugar77 wrote:We just noticed this recent video posted to You Tube that features Secrets Silversands but then Desire Pearl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTC3uZCpcQo

Looks like they took lots of pics and even video at the disco and also the foam party. None of the You Tube footage shows any other faces up close, but I'm sure they likely do have other footage in which other people can be seen and recognized. This really isn't appropriate in my opinion and I wouldn't be too impressed to see people with cameras around the pool, foam party, or disco, most especially video cameras. We don't want to have to be watching out backs to ensure we don't end up in the background of other people's pictures and videos. Would staff put a stop to this type of picture and video taking if they saw it and would other guests complain?

K&J
:CAN

The guy in the video looks like the biggest douchecanoe.
greenapples5
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 5-2014

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon May 26, 2014 7:11 am

kirkster5 wrote:You can just feel the energy change when a camera is around. Instead of relaxing you are on edge a bit wondering the intent of that person.

Indeed it does, my wife gets extremely nervous if a camera comes out. I have absolutely no problem walking up to someone with a tablet or camera and asking nicely to put it down or away all together. Have done it before and have not had to remind the person again. The standard response is "sorry didn't realize it was pointed in that direction and they promised that pictures were not taken".

As noted above, take pics in the morning with nobody around, in your room, of your group with a safe background.....just use common sense. I think 95% of us do!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby CokeMann » Mon May 26, 2014 11:35 am

eddieandjojo wrote:just use common sense. I think 95% of us do!

:L :L :L
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby youme69 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:39 am

Great job on the video... I'm ready to go back.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl