Bad Weather

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Bad Weather

Postby greenapples5 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Well naturally my husband and I are scheduled to arrive on a day with thunderstorms! It is supposed to rain / storm every day we are there, especially the last two days with 100% percent chance of rain those days. While I understand the bad weather may come and go, it's not looking promising for much outdoor activity with Hurricane Amanda about to break up and send her rains our way. Please pardon our frustration - This is our first vacation in 6 years and we have been talking and planning for MONTHS, and we won't be able to come back for a long time! :cry:

Obviously we can't do anything about it, but I am seriously bummed and while trying to be positive, it's just not happening yet.

What kind of activities can we do?
- I figure we'll be at the bar restaurant (?) when possible and mingling with other guests who are out, but my husband and I are not in the lifestyle (certainly curious) so there won't be sexin' 24/7.
- I'm bringing books and a card game. Maybe I should go buy Twister, lol.
- Dancing at the disco will be fun.
Yeah, that's all that I've got. If I wanted to sit around inside and watch movies all day, I'd stay at home for free! :DL
greenapples5
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 0- 5-2014

Re: Bad Weather

Postby CokeMann » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 pm

First of all Hurricane Amanda is on the Pacific side of Mexico, 1500 or so miles away from the caribbean Yucatan side where Pearl is located and will have no effect upon the Yucatan weather.

It's pretty normal for the weather forecasters to predict daily thunderstorms in the Caribbean during the summer months - if you do get rain it tends to be of the short 15 to 20 min heavy downpour and then clears up almost immediately variety - honestly, don't be too concerned about weather predictions - we've been traveling to the Yucatan since 1998 and 20+ trips to the Desire properties and can't remember in all that time more than one single day that was a "rain out" - but we still had fun even on that day :D

Just to easy your mind check out the Live Webcams and you will see that the weather predictions and reality are usually two different things
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue May 27, 2014 5:09 pm

+1 :L
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby yoyo » Tue May 27, 2014 6:15 pm

If it was a Vanilla resort maybe I will be worried, BUT is DESIRE....watching and beenig watch all day, the freedom of NAKEDNESS, sex in the open, drinks, and the best vibe I have experience in any resort.....this in the rain or in the sun for us is exactly the same ;)

( we are NOT in the lifestyle ) been to Desire three times since 2005, last one in 2012....looking foward for sept.2014 !!!

you are going to be just fine !!! ENJOY !
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Budlee » Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 am

I had not even thought to look at the weather for our week (arriving this saturday, the 31st), but stupidly I did, after reading this thread. And, yeah... doesn't look good. Can't deny it, I'm very bummed. This is our first trip together in 5 years, first trip to Pearl. ..no telling when we'll be able to return. I know we'll still have fun, even if it's a total washout, but it does sorta suck... I can't lie.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby Barerunners » Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 am

Coke is right! It may not be that bad...
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby greenapples5 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Fingers and toes will be crossed. Thanks for the support and advice! See ya Saturday, Budlee!
greenapples5
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 5-2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl