Dinner attire

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Dinner attire

Postby Rave » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm

What do most people wear for dinner? Do some women wear theme outfits or very sexy dresses? I have my outfits picked out, but want to make sure since it's our first trip to Pearl.
***On SDC (Rave), SLS (Rave846), Kasidie (Rave)

Desire Pearl - 7/2014
Desire RM - 1/2016, 6/2016, 6/2017, 11/2017, 11/2018
Rave
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 15 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SdcSlsKasidi

Re: Dinner attire

Postby Hector » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:28 am

Most women wear different levels of sexy dresses, including cutouts, low cuts, see through, deep V front and back, tube dress, mini skirt, fishnet, any kind. Shoes with high heels are common. For most men, long pants, shirt or t shirt with collars. Some men wear linen long or short sleeves shirt, casual but closed toes shoes. Some women wear the same dinner outfits to theme night, some get changed after dinner. Some even get changed after the disco started.
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby WhiteSands » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 am

Ditto above. Sometimes I will dress for dinner and stay in that outfit (eg. if I have a sexy neon dress for neon night), other nights I will change after dinner (eg schoolgirl). I prefer to change after dinner, because that's a great excuse for 2 outfits every night! More shopping.....
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Budlee » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 am

We just got back on Sunday, and what to wear in the evening was a big question mark for me, before our trip. Here's what I observed. At Pearl, most women wore very sexy dresses - short, revealing, sexy, clingy. It was not universal, however, Many women wore more conservative dresses, and some women, I felt, were TOO dressed down, in shorts and halter tops. There were a few instances where women were dressed for the theme night at dinner... and they sort of stood out. It was not the norm to dress for the theme, for dinner. At Aphrodite, there was still some of those sexy, clingy, revealing dresses, but overall, it was a little more dressed down than at Pearl. As the theme night doesn't start until 10:30 in the disco, there's time to go back to the room to change into your theme outfit, unless you like to eat really late. We ate @ around 7:30, and then went back to the room - sometimes we made it to the theme, sometimes not... ;-)
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby Bama37 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm

We were there from 6/4-6/11, so I had a week's worth of clothes to think about. This was our first trip, and I wasn't sure what to expect either. I planned a few nights for dinner and club attire to be the same (red, XS, angels, leather and lace), which worked out fine for me. We eat dinner late because we don't like to rush out of the pool or hot tub at a certain time. By the time we got ready and enjoyed our dinner, we could just walk up to the lobby for the nightly entertainment and then straight into the club. Also, each theme night had maybe 80% dressed for the theme, 10% dressed in something entirely different, and 10% dressed in nice/sexy/dressy clothes. It's fun to go all out for the themes, but it will be just fine if you don't. It's still a blast. By the way...all the dresses I wore were much shorter and tighter than I would ever wear in "real life," but I was probably on the conservative side at Pearl. I would say don't be afraid that you will be too revealing, and you will be just fine. :lol:

Mrs. Bama
Bama37
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 04 Jun 1919
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Bamacouple » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Bama37 wrote:By the way...all the dresses I wore were much shorter and tighter than I would ever wear in "real life," but I was probably on the conservative side at Pearl. I would say don't be afraid that you will be too revealing, and you will be just fine. :lol:

Mrs. Bama

That is exactly why we go. Love Sandals and Sun Palace, but the Mrs won't wear the same things there that she will wear at Pearl.
Desirepearlfans on SDC
Bamacouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Aug 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Budlee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm

I agree Bama - I bought a whole bunch of new dresses that are now officially my Pearl wardrobe. No WAY I'd wear any of them at home. But, it sure was fun wearing them at Pearl.... ;-)
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby joesmith » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:18 am

So are nice shorts and sandles allowed for men at the Aphrodite restaurant for dinner?
joesmith
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2013

Postby Budlee » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Yes, nicer shorts and nicer sandals are fine at Aphrodite. I have to say, it was a pleasure seeing pretty much ALL the men making the effort to spiff up a bit, for us women. All the guys looked great!
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby Sugar77 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Question... Just wondering how dressed up men need to be for the Pearl restaurant, so I can figure out what I need to pack? I believe I read that the dress code requires shirt with collar and sleeves for men. Does 'sleeves' mean the shirts must be 'long sleeve' or are short sleeve shirts permitted? Would a short sleeve casual button-up short or polo short with a nice pair of dressy jeans and shoes be acceptable, or would that only be good at Aphrodite? Assume the answers will be same for the restaurants at RM (as we're splitting our stay)?

We leave in six days and have started our packing. :D Appreciate any info!!

K&J
:CAN
Sugar77
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2014

Postby mr.chatter » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:03 pm

We went in Feb. I wore button up short sleeves.
mr.chatter
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 11 Feb 2014

Postby Budlee » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am

Short sleeves are fine for men, at Pearl restaurant. Most guys were wearing that lightweight, drapey, rayon-like fabric shirts. Very summery, very tropical, very sexy and HOT!
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby tikihutguy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:29 pm

After 4 trips to DRM we're hitting DP this August. My DRM standard was tropical shirt (read silk or rayon floral - not local home wear) ,short sleeve collared, with linen or khaki long pants and loafers. I did witness a wide variety, however. Like everything else at Desire no one will judge... 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Mr. Tiki always looks sharp but I would say that's easily done standing next to his lovely bride! Hope you two are well......we may venture over to Pearl one afternoon for lunch. Tell Mrs. Tiki we say hello!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby tikihutguy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words.... I know my shirts aren't my finest attribute; they only look good when accompanied by the Mrs. Our ladies always make us look better, no? 8) Always enjoyed our 8/1 trips. If you head over hit us up. If not hoist one for us and we'll shoot for an encore next year :D 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl