Disco Music

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Disco Music

Postby danbo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:15 am

It seems that if you read the trip reports that have been so thoughtfully written by guests, you see a generally positive response to all aspects of the property (I'm referring to Pearl) with the exception of the music playlist in the disco. I'm not talking about the quality or type of music played, but how limited the playlist is. It appears that unlike all other staff at the hotel, the DJ has no interest in making an effort to enhance the guest's experience. We are not usually disco folks, but we really enjoyed the after show chance to mingle and socialize with others. After 3 or 4 nights, it became obvious that the same 20 or so tunes were played each night. Surely there are more dance tunes available in this digital day and age.
Could you look into this and assure us that improvements are being considered? By the way, if I never hear that Robin Thicke song again, I won't be sorry.
Best Regards, Dan.
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Re: Disco Music

Postby TandR » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm

We agree with what you are saying about the music in the disco at Pearl. We don't have a problem with the music selection, but putting on the same playlist night after night is lazy. The third night of hearing the same three songs in the same order after the entertainment was over, and we just looked at each other, rolled our eyes and headed for the hot tub.

Similarly, we liked the progression of music at the pool from mellow early in the morning to more upbeat, but it was the same tracks every day.
TandR
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: TandRNT on SLS

Postby PaulAndDarcy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:57 am

I'd like to see the disco be more popular than it seems to be from reading all the forums here.

Does the disco ever stay busy for more than 60-90 minutes? I'd like to be able to dance and socialize in a disco/dance setting for 2-3 hours or more with the right people. Is it a canned set of songs and then everyone leaves?
PaulAndDarcy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 23 Apr 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cancuncare

Postby TandD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 am

PaulAndDarcy wrote:I'd like to see the disco be more popular than it seems to be from reading all the forums here.

Does the disco ever stay busy for more than 60-90 minutes? I'd like to be able to dance and socialize in a disco/dance setting for 2-3 hours or more with the right people. Is it a canned set of songs and then everyone leaves?

It's not canned in the sense that they are the same songs in the same order as if played from a mix tape. It's really that it tends to be many of the same songs played each night. With the variety of songs out there, that really shouldn't happen (IMHO). I have no idea what the actual stat is but it seems like most people stay for at least 3 nights so it seems like they could get through 2 or 3 nights in a row without repeats.

It seemed like the disco certainly stayed busy for more than 90 minutes. It didn't feel like people just came and made their appearance for the theme and then did a mass exodus for the hot tub. I think a lot of people really get into the theme and dancing (we did) and aren't necessarily in a rush to get to the hot tub (standard disclaimer: every group is different).
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby PaulAndDarcy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 am

It seemed like the disco certainly stayed busy for more than 90 minutes. It didn't feel like people just came and made their appearance for the theme and then did a mass exodus for the hot tub. I think a lot of people really get into the theme and dancing (we did) and aren't necessarily in a rush to get to the hot tub (standard disclaimer: every group is different).

I hope we see some of that for our stay. As I think I said in my 1st post on this thread, we love the dancing/socializing aspect, and the ability to be as sexy as we want on the dance floor more than any other aspect of an adults only resort. Is RM any different as far as this goes?
PaulAndDarcy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 23 Apr 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cancuncare

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:19 pm

PaulAndDarcy wrote:I'd like to see the disco be more popular than it seems to be from reading all the forums here.

IME, the disco "opens" after the show at 11pm, and thins out after 30-60-90 mins...now, if you have a group of friends that want to stay and dance...there's usually 10-20 people after 60-90 mins, I have never stayed for 2 hours...most people go to the jacuzzi, jacuzzi beds, or hang by the lobby bar, or disperse/go to their rooms...
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl