Couple of Newbie Questions

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Couple of Newbie Questions

Postby wldnwackypacpl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:59 am

Breakthrough wrote:First off, let me say thanks to everyone who has been responding and answering questions over the last week for us. We're both so excited, but being Newbs we have all those questions that only Newbs have... Sorry for hijacking your forum, but your help and responses have been amazing. We'll buy you all a drink at DP...? Or something... Hah! So, questions:

• We kind of settled on DP because from what we read it was nicer and had better food. Is that a pretty accurate assessment? Which property do you prefer and why? I also noticed a lot of folks on this forum go to BOTH properties, is there a different vibe from each one?

• No matter whether we go to DP or change our minds based on your helpful info and go to RM, the wife is a bit concerned... But not for the standard reasons you're probably used to hearing. We've had a pretty stressful go of it over the last 6 months here in "real life". She is totally interested in a Desire vacation, but is concerned that it will be crazy fun, energetically social, and exhausting (all in a good way). What she really feels she needs is a "vanilla" beach vacation that's just quiet, calm and relaxing so she can recharge. That all makes perfect sense to me. What are your thoughts? Can a Desire vacation meet that need? Or are we better off doing something different and heading to desire next time?

Thanks again for ALL your awesome responses and help! Great community, this.

In our experience, RM is more of a party atmosphere, while Pearl can be more laid back (which may be why you folks going to both, as the experience is a little different). It's really up to you how wild it gets — it can be very low-key, sit on the beach and chill, or as wild as you want and anything in between. Last time at Pearl, we had a lot of chill time, just hanging in the pool, looking at the ocean, enjoying an adult drink. But yes, we did find time to have some fun, too.
wldnwackypacpl
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Jul 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, APG

Postby Barerunners » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:56 am

One of the best reasons to go! You make your vacation what you want it to be...if you don't want to party then just hang at the beach and enjoy the restaurants and exercise room and spa. You will still meet some great people and have lots of fun!
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

We are from: USA

Postby Miacpl30 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 pm

I think rm is very relaxing. Beach or pool? What am i drinking today? What time should we grab dinner? We have partied our share in hottub but for us its the best place to relax. Can imagine pearl being any different.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby PNJ » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:24 pm

We find mornings a good time to relax with each other. Morning runs on the beach are awesome. A quiet breakfast looking out over the ocean. Things start gearing up in the afternoon however, and come nightfall its all out party time!
PNJ
PNJ
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Postby werfun » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:06 pm

That's the good thing about Desire, you are never pushed or urged to do something. You can do what ever you want to, relaxing at the pool all day watching others play water volleyball or water basketball or you jump in and have a ball. You can lay on the beach with the breezes blowing over your nude body. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can e as lazy or as busy as you want and nobody cares.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby lotsoffun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm

we go to DP to recharge and for fun - during the day we relax, nap, people watch and read at the pool and beach then hang out at night- some nights we skip the party, it can really be as relaxing or as fun as you choose each day - there are quiet spots to relax and hideaway when you want - i always leave relaxed!
lotsoffun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Dec 2013

Postby eeyore » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Just got back from a week at Pearl. It is very relaxing if you want. We spend our days at the quiet end of the pool. You don't have to think about anything. The only real decision is which of the two restaurants you want to eat dinner. I don't even order drinks. I just get one of whatever my wife drinks. If that is too much, the staff will pick your drinks for you. The relaxed atmosphere allows you to concentrate on what is the best stress reliever multiple times a day.

If you decide to elevate the intensity, it is just a short walk down the pool.
eeyore
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2015

Postby Budlee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 am

I hear ya about needing to destress after a rough stretch - mine included a separation and move, long illness and passing of a parent, a bout with cancer (I won!), a horrific car accident... the list goes on. We totally needed to decompress on this vacation, and we were able to at Pearl, easily. There's always a place to go to be social, but more importantly, there's always a place to go, to be chill. We are beach people, so that's where you'd find us from morning to around 4:00, before checking out the hot tub scene. Dinners were very relaxing, and then late night - sometimes we found some quiet time on a beach bed, sometimes we joined the party. But, yes... you can find places and ways to get all the quiet and relaxation you want and need.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby SunLover » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

eeyore wrote:If you decide to elevate the intensity, it is just a short walk down the pool.

This may have been something we have missed in reading the forums. Is there a significant difference in which end of the pool you are in?
Temptations May 2014
Desire RM Oct 17 (3 days) Desire Pearl Oct 20 (4 days) 2014
SunLover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None yet

Postby David Donna » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 pm

At the large pool at the Pearl, there is a quiet end, very relaxing, and there is the fun end where all the activities take place. Louder music, swim up bar, etc. Quiet end for the morning hangover then the loud end for the afternoon fun. Repeat daily.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby joymac » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 am

We were at Pearl June 29-July5. The past six months had been one of the worst, most stressful times of our lives as we had a very sick child plus numerous other issues. We were not even sure we would make this trip until we actually started taxiing down the runway....Let me say it was one of the most relaxing trips EVAH!! We stayed at the quiet end of the pool plus we had a master suite (#68) just behind our pool chairs (which Jared had ready and waiting for us daily). We were both content to read, nap and every so often walk down the pool to the activity end for a few minutes. As we started calling it "we were out in the country with occasional trips to the big city!" We went to the hot tub most afternoons, but not for long and just stayed by the sides, taking it all in. Our biggest dinner/activity was deciding on which restaurant and having to dress! It truly is whatever kind of vacation you wish it to be. Enjoy yourselves! :CAN
joymac
Desire Convert

Postby Mrladysman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 am

We are newbies hope to meet nice people at pearl in aug we are going alone a first time for us would love to meet nice people to go to dinner with :L
Mrladysman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl