If you could add or change one thing...

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: If you could add or change one thing...

Postby Travelqueen » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:22 pm

bb25 wrote:More beach beds... not just for members

and

more more more umbrellas around the pool!

Newbie here...arrive in October...I've read several threads about the beach beds...some say it is not an issue to get a bed, but other posts like this make it sound like you can't get a beach bed unless your a member. Can someone clarify? It would be really disappointing not to be able to get a beach bed.
Travelqueen
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2014

Postby bb25 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Lounge chairs are under shady palapas and are not difficult to get on the Pearl beach. You can have shade if you want or can move the lounges out into the sun. The beds are reserved for the penthouse folks first, then member couples seemed to score a bed if it was not used by a penthouse couple.
bb25
Desire Lover

Postby Eroticdesires » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:43 pm

We just returned home last night from Desire Pearl. I had the opportunity to speak with Alessio, the general manager, during the world cup game between Brasil and Colombia (games were being shown in the Disco). He asked me what why I preferred Desire RM over Pearl and I told him about the late night vibe at RM seems to be missing at Pearl. We enjoy the RM lobby bar as a great casual meeting place throughout the day and it is our favorite place to end the night with a nightcap, snack and great conversation.

News of renovations to enclose the Pearl lobby with AC is not new, but he also told me that the plans of renovation include creating a space for a Pearl gathering space as well by expanding into the fountain area. Although no timeline was revealed for this project, we hope it's ready before our visit next summer.
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 20 Feb 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby 2naked » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:17 pm

I agree that the best renovation to Pearl would be to fill in the pond and make a large lobby area like RM.
25 Desire trips since Apr-2011
2 Hedo trips
SLS: WeR2Naked
KIK: Heis2naked
2naked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 am

dlee1967 wrote:News of renovations to enclose the Pearl lobby with AC is not new, but he also told me that the plans of renovation include creating a space for a Pearl gathering space as well by expanding into the fountain area. Although no timeline was revealed for this project, we hope it's ready before our visit next summer.

Timeline? We don't need no stinkin' timeline!
We heard all the exact same things LAST July. I'd guess at some time that will all be done, but apparently it will be done on Jamaican time.
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Hansdeswart » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Just returned last Sunday from a two week stay at Pearl.
We were informed by management that the renovations to enclose the lobby area and install AC should start now late September.
Six new beach beds for members currently are being installed at the south end of the beach, in front of the Aphrodite restaurant.
Last week most of the pool chairs were replaced by new, light weight ones. The remaining ones around the pool, and the chairs at the beach should be replaced in about 3 months from now.

We are from: The Netherlands
We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019

Postby Budlee » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Isn't September when the renovations to the RM pool are taking place? I have friends heading down to RM (very discounted rate) with the understanding that all RM guests can spend their days at Pearl since there won't be a working pool at RM. So, at the same time, they'll be redoing the Pearl lobby? Chaos!!!
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby WhiteSands » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Lightweight ones? Mmm, are they comfortable, do they have mattresses? I can't abide the nasty ones they have at RM at the moment. I need my post-lunch nap!
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Budlee wrote:Isn't September when the renovations to the RM pool are taking place? I have friends heading down to RM (very discounted rate) with the understanding that all RM guests can spend their days at Pearl since there won't be a working pool at RM. So, at the same time, they'll be redoing the Pearl lobby? Chaos!!!

FYI - The Desire RM renovations are "scheduled" to be completed by Sept 23rd and the Desire Pearl lobby reno will begin some time after that date
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby WhiteSands » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Budlee wrote:Isn't September when the renovations to the RM pool are taking place? I have friends heading down to RM (very discounted rate) with the understanding that all RM guests can spend their days at Pearl since there won't be a working pool at RM. So, at the same time, they'll be redoing the Pearl lobby? Chaos!!!

We are going then as well, RM renovations are scheduled to be finished by the 23rd.
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby youme69 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 am

If I'm not mistaken they have said the lobby was going to be closed in every Sept since they have opened.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl