Service levels when at capacity

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Service levels when at capacity

Postby George » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:22 pm

We are making our first visit to Pearl on 7th - 15th November, looking at the availability calendar there are little or no rooms now available for this period. I assume this means the resort will be at or near full capacity. There are also two groups visiting at the same time.

This should make for a great fun time. however will it also make it more difficult to get beach or pool beds along with waits for drinks and restaurants etc. I will be on holiday so waiting will not bother me, just curious to know.

Has anyone experience of visiting the resort when at 100% capacity and if so were the service levels affected?
George

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20- 9- 0

Re: Service levels when at capacity

Postby Budlee » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I think they staff according to occupancy. I know when we were there first week of June, midweek it was about 50% and increased to 80% over the weekend. Our last day there was also the last day for a LOT of the waitstaff and other staff, who were, I think, laid off on a temporary basis, until peak season kicked in again.

In general, there was MORE than enough waitstaff in the restaurants, many of whom were standing around, waiting to wait on tables. I think they could have easily covered the restaurants if the resort was at max.

The pool is huge for this small size resort, so I doubt finding seats somewhere around the pool will be an issue. Perhaps it may not be in your ideal location, but it should be fine. The beach is compact, not a ton of chairs and palapas, but it was not used as much as the pool area was.

I think we would have enjoyed the resort more if it HAD been at full capacity....
Budlee
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl