STD's in the Jacuzzi [Serious]

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: STD's in the Jacuzzi [Serious]

Postby Barerunners » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 pm

There are a few little creatures that can live in hot water, but the chlorine or bromine they use will make it safe enough to play. STDS are not transmitted that way and are quickly killed by chlorine. I did get a UTI one week we were there but I can't say for sure that I got it in the jacuzzi. Its not really an issue have fun! :wink:
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

We are from: USA

Postby Budlee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 am

I was much more skeeved out by the globs of whipped cream floating along than I was by the microbes I couldn't see. I trust that they keep the water as sanitary as possible - it's good for business. Can you imagine if folks were contracting STDs from being in the hot tub, how fast word would get out and how fast business would die off?
Budlee
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby BigB&CrazyK » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Google is your friend concerning contracting anything via a hot tub...

As far as "floating" items in the jacuzzi, never seen it. Not once in 5 trips to DRM, 2 to Pearl, and 3 to Cabo. We've seen far worse and more objectionable and questionable "stuff" in any public jacuzzi and/or pool.

Worry less. Party more.
BigB&CrazyK
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 23 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby PK North » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Barerunners wrote:There are a few little creatures that can live in hot water, but the chlorine or bromine they use will make it safe enough to play. STDS are not transmitted that way and are quickly killed by chlorine. I did get a UTI one week we were there but I can't say for sure that I got it in the jacuzzi. Its not really an issue have fun! :wink:

This is correct if they're performing daily maintenance. A quick web search reveals the potential issues with any hot tub, not only Desire's. I imagine the tubs one finds at water parks are far more heavily used, often by small children they might "leak" into the tub. ;) Guess we have to rely on faith that the management at Desire is up on their cleaning schedule.
PK North
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014

Postby Budlee » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:39 am

Breakthrough wrote:
Budlee wrote:I was much more skeeved out by the globs of whipped cream floating along...

Point taken on viruses and such... but this part of your quote... well... how much of a "thing" is this? :shock:

On one occasion, a man had his new bride up on the bar, and was handed a bowl of whipped cream by the bartender. He proceeded to spread it all over her, and then lick it off - a nice bit of entertainment for the rest of us. After he "finished her off", she jumped off the bar and into the water, with the remaining globs of whipped cream, which at that point, detached from her body, and floated in the water. It was a single instance, but as we were pretty close by, we moved to the far end of the hot tub, to avoid the mess. No big deal...
Budlee
Desire Addict

Postby Budlee » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Hahaha... that's hysterical. But, no... it was real whipped cream. Hahaha......
Budlee
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl