Where do you tell people you are going?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Where do you tell people you are going?

Postby OhMeOhMy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:50 pm

My husband and I are arriving in Aug. and have never been to anything like Desire before! Nervous and excited doesn't even describe how I feel! Anyway.... Where do you tell people you are going. Our parents are going to be watching the kids and are going to want a contact number other then our mobile #''s as they are anal like that. My parents are regulars in Cancun and telling them we are going to Desire is not an option.

Thanks for your help!!!!
OhMeOhMy

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Where do you tell people you are going?

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:15 pm

OhMeOhMy wrote:My husband and I are arriving in Aug. and have never been to anything like Desire before! Nervous and excited doesn't even describe how I feel! Anyway.... Where do you tell people you are going. Our parents are going to be watching the kids and are going to want a contact number other then our mobile #''s as they are anal like that. My parents are regulars in Cancun and telling them we are going to Desire is not an option.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Here is the link on how to get and use the Family safe(vanilla) phone number for Desire
Pls note when you get that number it will be answer "Original Resorts - may I help you? "

Original Resorts does have two vanilla properties in Playa del Carmen if you want to use one of them as your cover

CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Azul is a likely cover. Family friendly and almost next door to Desire RM. You can walk over and familiarize yourself (you will need to dress :shock: ) Not sure what's near Pearl. We have told people we were at Azul, but didn't really think it was great. That kills the verbal pursuit.... Secrets Silversands is also near RM and can be a cover for an "adult vacation". You're probably more concerned than you need to be. Relax and have fun :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:03 pm

If you do use another non Original Resorts property as your cover - just make sure you don't use the Original Resorts vanilla phone number - find another mechanism - ie cell phone text msg etc
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Duchess » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

Most of the time we tell people exactly where and for the most part it blows them away. It usually turns into the big topic of conversation, and everyone has all kinds of questions. For others that don't need to know (parents, kids, etc.) we say we're at Excellence, which is right down the beach from Pearl. :D
Duchess

We arrive on: 26 Feb 1914

Postby OhMeOhMy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks all!!!!

Contacted the resort and they told me there is no family safe phone number to give out and just gave me the switch board #.

Mobiles will just have to be enough for the family!!!!
OhMeOhMy

Postby waab76 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am

We hand ATT some money for 30 days of Mexico text and data service and just tell the family that cell phones are the best way to contact us because the desk staff at the resort doesn't always have great English skills and because we always have a cell phone handy even when we're not in our room.

As to WHERE we tell them we're going, we always say Azul. I even went as far as to check-in at Azul on Facebook when we arrived.
RM Mar 2011, Week 43 2012, Sep 2013, Aug 2015, Sep 2016, Dec 2017
Pearl Aug 2014 (1st SYW), Aug 2016

Next: RM Spring 2018?
waab76
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Dec 2017

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:52 am

OhMeOhMy wrote:Contacted the resort and they told me there is no family safe phone number to give out and just gave me the switch board #.

They do have a "fam safe phone number" - however they won't give it out to you unless you have a confirmed booking and you are within 15 days of your arrival date at the resort.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby 2curiousppl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:29 pm

We bit the bullet and told parents (who are looking after the kids) and friends exactly where we are going. It made for some interesting conversation ;)
kik: curiousppl2
2curiousppl
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF

Postby eglp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:58 pm

My wife's family only knows we went to Cancun, they would not have approved, my dad knows we went to a C.O. resort. A couple of my coworkers know where we went, blew their minds.
eglp
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 08 Oct 2016

Postby twomuchfuninthesun » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 am

We tell people we are going to Desire Pearl, except our kids, and our cell phones are our contacts just like they are at home - 99% of their communication (when not in the same room) is by text anyway!
Close friends know/suspect what we are up too, when others ask we explain yes it is a clothing optional lifestyle friendly place - they are the MOST fun people to vacation with!!!
twomuchfuninthesun
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD spidynjen

Postby yoyo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 am

twomuchfuninthesun wrote:We tell people we are going to Desire Pearl, except our kids, and our cell phones are our contacts just like they are at home - 99% of their communication (when not in the same room) is by text anyway!
Close friends know/suspect what we are up too, when others ask we explain yes it is a clothing optional lifestyle friendly place - they are the MOST fun people to vacation with!!!

Imposible to tell Parents, family or Vanilla friends where we are going ! we tell them we go to a Tulum to a secluded Hotel ( Jashita Hotel Tulum por example ).
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl