Pool Music at Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Pool Music at Pearl

Postby SLINON » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Can anyone comment on the music now being played at the Pool at Pearl? We were there last November and although at first it was nice and relaxing, after a couple of days the Elevator music really got to us and we wished that they would play some lively upbeat modern music at least in the afternoon to get the party started and people in an upbeat mood.

The elevator music is nice to relax to but maybe they should play that at the quiet end all day and in the afternoons around 1 pm, start playing real music at the active end of the pool so people feel like moving and dancing and enjoying the atmosphere. Does anyone from management ever listen to what the majority of people are asking for? A compromise of playing up to date music from 1 pm on is not asking for much! Really...
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: Pool Music at Pearl

Postby danbo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Real music? Are you talking about Van Halen? Or maybe Dolly Parton? How about Mozart or Beethoven, is that real? There will never be a soundtrack at a resort or any other similar venue that will please everyone. That is a fact of life. I am not defending "elevator music", but maybe that's the music that is least offensive to most people. My preference? Who cares, I don't want everybody to like the same things I do. Just don't tell me my music isn't worth listening to.
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby SLINON » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:30 pm

YES that is real music, all of it! They can mix it up, whatever, try to please the mass public. Elevator music in my opinion is best kept in an elevator and is not pleasing for 8 hrs a day, every day. People have complained about this in the past.

I don't know if you have been there yet to experience this. Even the EC tried to add some up beat music in the afternoons, they told us that they had to sneak it in because the management just wanted the same sound track to be played all day. They also told us that many many people complain and that the majority of people would like to hear some "real music with lyrics and an upbeat tempo". That is why some people say that RM is more lively, partially due to the music which creates an atmosphere around the pool area.

No, I realize you can't please everyone but if the clientele are asking for a certain type of music and in general want to hear some kind of dance music I think they should listen and try to accommodate these requests for part of the day.
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby danbo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:41 am

We were there in April and I must admit that the music being played was not a factor in our enjoyment of the poolside. With so much going on and the amazing Jessica to keep you up and active, the music didn't matter. As far as the other music you heard, sometimes the lame DJs from the disco set up at the EC bar and play their short loop of dance mix/please the middle aged folks stuff. It's just too much fun to need music to help you enjoy. Hope to see you there someday.
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby Miacpl30 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Just back from pearl yesterday. Working on trip report. Music much better than Rm. Played reggae latin classic rock etc. Only missing some buffet or kenny. chesney.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby SLINON » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Wow, finally! That sounds great! Looking forward to your trip report...
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby D&CinNC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:43 pm

We just returned from the trip yesterday. I'm a fan of most music, but can't say I've ever tapped my foot, drinking an adult beverage, listening to elevator music. The music ends up being background noise anyway, with having conversations with your love or other guests.
D&CinNC

We arrive on: 28 Jul 2014

Postby couplenindy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm

I agree with D&CinNC...
D&CinNC wrote: The music ends up being background noise anyway, with having conversations with your love or other guests.

In three trips to Desire the only pool music I can even remember is a live saxaphone player at RM (or maybe it was Cabo?) one afternoon. I remember thinking..."am I really hanging out in a pool, soaking in the Mexican sun, naked, with awesome new friends, drinking a martini, and listining to live saxaphone" it was like a little slice of Heaven! I will take more of that please!!

I am all about sexy dance music to get us girls dancing...but I personally prefer it later in the day.

Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby tikihutguy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Just returned yesterday and have no idea where the elevator music comments come from :?: They tend to keep it quieter early in the morning, but every afternoon was current "club" music. I can still hear the bass speakers pounding :) Enjoyed especially the latin music :D The club music in the disco was accompanied by great video mixes. Felt I kind of "caught up" with what my son likes 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby SLINON » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Then they have definately listened to the requests from the loyal Desire addicts and changed it. We were there from Nov, 15 - 22 2013 and believe me, it was music you would hear in an elevator....from morning until they shut it down late afternoon. The only exceptions were when the EC was doing some sort of activity. Good news to me!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby hoppercf » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:02 pm

We just got back from our second trip, yesterday. The "elevator" music that plays until late morning is actually ultra lounge. I think those nursing hangovers, or with rooms on that side of the pool don't want KE$HA or Katy Perry blaring at 9:00 am. Trust me when I say the music genre varies greatly and is always appropriate for the current activity.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby SLINON » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Well that's exactly what I was trying to say...appropriate for the time of day! Thanks........easy listening in the morning and my suggestion was that by afternoon, play something more upbeat......just to change the mood from somber to more lively..... so it sounds like they have changed it from the "ultra lounge" that was played all day.....(aka to some as "elevator music"..lol). Also good to hear that they are adding variety... Sounds just about right to try to appease almost everyone's taste in music.

Great news!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby Jen and Fred » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Got back a couple weeks ago and music was great...DJ was playing all day and a huge mix...country, classic rock, 70's....All good!
Kik: blkhawks1310
Jen and Fred
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby MandD » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Glad to hear that. When we were there last year it was all techno, they needed some variety.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby heavyG » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:32 am

We've been there 5 times... There was music at the pool???
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl