Enclosure of Lobby at Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Enclosure of Lobby at Pearl

Postby SLINON » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Does anyone have any information on how long this reno would take? I've heard it start up at the end of September. We are hoping it would be complete two months later but maybe that's not realistic...not sure but I do like to watch the entertainment and have a nice lobby drink before and after dinner before the shows. Not sure how the reno will affect all that..
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: Enclosure of Lobby at Pearl

Postby tikihutguy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Guess I missed this, but is there actually a planned schedule for the lobby? Last week the check out people asked us to suggest air conditioning for the lobby. We certainly go along with that idea :D :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby SLINON » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 pm

someone mentioned it starting up after the Pool Reno is complete at Desire RM on Sept 23....
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby cancouple » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:48 am

This is the first I have heard of Renovations , we are headed down in October (11-19) does anyone know exactly what is entailed and how-it will impact the resort?
cancouple
Desire Fan

Postby youme69 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 am

I wouldn't get to excited... Our last three trips to Pearl while checking out they told us next time we come the lobby will be closed in. Last Sept they also said new fitness center and filling in the fish pond. And even if they start the lobby, they are very good at working around guest and not inconveniencing anyone.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby cancouple » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:23 pm

youme69 wrote:I wouldn't get to excited... Our last three trips to Pearl while checking out they told us next time we come the lobby will be closed in. Last Sept they also said new fitness center and filling in the fish pond. And even if they start the lobby, they are very good at working around guest and not inconveniencing anyone.

Thanks for the response, not sure it would be a huge impact anyway I will not worry about it,

Thanks
cancouple
Desire Fan

Postby SLINON » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Just got the Desire newsletter via email in which they stated that they will be enclosing the lobby and creating a new improved gathering place etc. etc. At least it's in writing and not just verbal...this seems like the next step. It did not mention a start date in the newsletter but it looks like it will happen!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby D&C » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm

SLINON wrote:Just got the Desire newsletter via email in which they stated that they will be enclosing the lobby and creating a new improved gathering place etc. etc. At least it's in writing and not just verbal...this seems like the next step. It did not mention a start date in the newsletter but it looks like it will happen!

We receive the newsletter to, but it was in Spanish. In fact the last three have. We contacted the info@Desire email, but have not had a response on how to receive the English version.

Any suggestions?
D&C
DP 7/28-31/14
DP 7/11-15/15
DP 7/12-16/19
D&C
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Jul 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl