Time Share "sell" upon arrival

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Time Share "sell" upon arrival

Postby Trifecta » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:25 am

I have heard they have toned this down a little. Honestly this will turn me off like no other. What is the latest on this? Any tips for avoiding it or keeping it to the barest of minimums??? Thanks.
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Re: Time Share "sell" upon arrival

Postby FromSeattle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 am

Just tell them you aren't interested. We did the speil and it was no problem. 45 minutes, no pressure. We new we wouldn't get it, but we wanted the coupon book for some of the offers. With the exception of the "Closer" (The lady that seals the deal if you want to buy it and really does try to put the pressure on) it was very relaxing an very easy. I've heard of people spending 5 minutes in their meeting. Just set up the meeting, tell them you aren't interested but want the coupon book. They know, they understand.

:L
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby rykerw1701 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 am

Most of our discussion with them was about the resort in general. But you could shorten the whole thing by saying up front that you really had to stretch financially for this trip, and can't foresee coming back anytime soon. That doesn't leave them with much to work with.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Postby CokeMann » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 am

Trifecta wrote:I have heard they have toned this down a little. Honestly this will turn me off like no other. What is the latest on this? Any tips for avoiding it or keeping it to the barest of minimums??? Thanks.

Unless you want the coupon book - just say NO, like you do to the other timeshare sharks upon airport arrival - you are not in any way obligated to do it.

It's your vacation so it is up to you and you alone to decide how to spend your valuable time while on campus :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl