Walking along the beach nude

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Walking along the beach nude

Postby Jasonky » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 am

Newbe... My wife and I will be arriving at the Pearl at the end of the month (Sept 28, 2014). We both enjoy long walks along the beach. Is it allowed to do so naked and how are the beaches? We love the sand of Orient beach! Just curious?? Thx!
Jasonky
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Re: Walking along the beach nude

Postby rsm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56 am

Walking south from the resort provides a long and sandy venue. The first half mile or so, , nudity is no problem, though you will encounter other beachgoers who are strolling this part of the beach which fronts mainly residences - most unoccupied -- and some smallish resorts. But as you get closer to Puerto Morales, the number of people on the beach increases greatly. And there were lots of kids, even in March. I suggest you both take along a wrap of some sort and put it on when you feel the time is right. Or don't go more than about half a mile.
rsm
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 24 Jun 2015

Postby Jasonky » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank You! The wife will be so thrilled to hear!
Jasonky
Desire Convert

Postby gaviao » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 am

We ventured nude .4 miles southbound and 600 ft. northbound, without any trouble, it means a little more than half mile in total. Here is the precise map.
After the south limit, we walked topless until Puerto Morelos, and until Dreams Hotel to the north, even 11 years ago we did all the way between Desire RM and Puerto Morelos, topless without any trouble.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Budlee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

I guess I'm coming from this differently, with the question in my eyes being can you or should you. From what I understand, the fact that nudity on the beach directly in front of the resort is tolerated at best (read about some issues with locals - small school children having to walk by, to and from school, family-friendly resort guests walking past, etc.). So, rather than pushing the issue, I'm in favor of enjoying being nude while AT the resort, but covering up when venturing away from the resort. I don't want to take advantage of the kindness of the local hospitality, nor make ourselves poor guests of a somewhat conservative country. We're lucky to have a place such as Pearl to enjoy being naked - but that's at Pearl. So as not to perpetuate many people's beliefs that we're a bunch of moral-less perverts, I'm not sure it's best to feed the fire by walking around, away from the resort, without being covered.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby tikihutguy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Beginning of August there really wasn't that much traffic and the vast majority of it adults (checking it out for the future?). A few adults brought their children (for the education?). Basically all who walked past remained blasé or tried to appear so :shock: :shock:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby gaviao » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:27 pm

I guess I'm coming from this differently, with the question in my eyes being can you or should you. From what I understand, the fact that nudity on the beach directly in front of the resort is tolerated at best (read about some issues with locals - small school children having to walk by, to and from school, family-friendly resort guests walking past, etc.). So, rather than pushing the issue, I'm in favor of enjoying being nude while AT the resort, but covering up when venturing away from the resort. I don't want to take advantage of the kindness of the local hospitality, nor make ourselves poor guests of a somewhat conservative country. We're lucky to have a place such as Pearl to enjoy being naked - but that's at Pearl. So as not to perpetuate many people's beliefs that we're a bunch of moral-less perverts, I'm not sure it's best to feed the fire by walking around, away from the resort, without being covered.

Dear Budlee:
I think you Americans have a wrong idea about the "conservative country" you think is Mexico. Actually, nudism in my country comes from prehispanic times. Those communities that remained with less Spanish influence, are much more tolerant to naked human body. This is the case of remote Mayan villages, such as Isla Mujeres and Tulum. So locals in Puerto Morelos don't see nudity as something inappropriate. Other different thing is PDA's at the beach, which are not accepted at all.
Topfreeness is a normal issue along all the Mayan Riviera, from Puerto Morelos to Chetumal, in the south border of Mexico. The big American hotel chains changed the traditions when arrived to Cancun, where is less common see uncovered femenine breasts.
I think an average American is much more conservative (and perhaps hypocritical) that a Mexican native.
So we don't have to be afraid of being nude or topfree at Mayan Riviera beaches, as long as we do with respect.
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby gaviao » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

I hope this map is better than the other one.
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby Jasonky » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:16 am

Thank you for all the information. We will play it be ear. In St. Martin(Orient Beach) there were lots of people that would walk though a rocky surf just to google at people enjoying their holiday in the nude. I look at it as future nudist considering the lifestyle. At the Pearl I'm going to assume the case is the same and it is general knowledge the beach in front of the resort is clothing optional? As for walking the beach we will bring along a coverup of sorts in the event we run across families and the like. Thx for the map. It looks as if we will get a lot of wonderful walks in! :L
Jasonky
Desire Convert

Postby Budlee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:29 am

The difference is that Orient Beach (the entire beach) is clothing optional, not just the area in front of, say, Club Orient, while the beaches of the Yucatan are not, but nudity is tolerated. I'm thrilled to have the beach in front of Desire to be naked, but I'm more apt to take into consideration that nude resorts are in the minority, and whether right or wrong in their beliefs, I don't feel I need to be "in your face" to the other guests of the area who have NOT chosen nude vacationing. It's sort of the same consideration I'd hope a smoker would take, when sitting with non-smokers... trying not to blow smoke in their faces.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby HandK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:36 am

Budlee wrote:The difference is that Orient Beach (the entire beach) is clothing optional, not just the area in front of, say, Club Orient...

I wouldn't say that the complete beach is clothing optional. Agreed the area in front of Club O is, but depending upon the time of day, the gendarmes have been stopping people who venture nude past Pedro's, at least that's the way it was last February. One *may* be able to walk nude in the early morning or late evening though.

--HandK
HandK
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Oct 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl