Fish Pond Demo

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Fish Pond Demo

Postby cancouple » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi there , I just noticed on another topic ( Trip reports ) that demo has started on the fish pond. Does anyone happen to know how long construction on whatever might be going there will take ? Always get nervous when they start :CAN :CAN ripping things apart 35 days before we get to a resort!
cancouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Re: Fish Pond Demo

Postby tommer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:58 pm

We are most excited to hear that the pond demo has begun .... it was such an eyesore! Now, of course, the question is what will they do with the space? It is a larger area; one with many possibilities and we hope for a larger, air conditioned lobby area alongside an area for patrons to socialize and get to know each other. Desire is about quality and we are sure that they will be wise in their planning. We can hardly wait for our return in June 2015!
tommer
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby nuts4mexico » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Not sure it has began, last week when we arrived we "thought" there was demo work but monday night they had it filled with water again and fountains going. was hoping for something else too.
nuts4mexico
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Aug 2014

Postby FromSeattle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Exactly nuts4mexico! I thought it had, I reported that it had started. Then they went and filled it up and started it up again. Who knows now.

:US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby BottomsUp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:21 am

Are there any updates regarding the renos at Pearl?
Lobby, fish pond, etc.
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby here2benaughty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:35 am

Reno to enclose the lobby is well underway. Currently when you walk into the lobby, you will see a wall of white plywood blocking your view of the pond and construction area. We were told when we checked in that they intend to have the lobby project completed by January.
Desire Pearl - January 2016 - Dates TBD
Desire Pearl - October 5-13, 2014

SLS: azcpl4play - SDC & APG: here2benaughty
here2benaughty
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS APG

Postby tommer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:46 pm

I think it is terrific that they are renovating the lobby area and I am sure that it will now be air conditioned. This will be especially appreciated in the evenings when we are all gathered for the lobby entertainment and subsequent theme night pleasures! Now, we can only hope that the spring will bring needed demolition of the pond area in favor of developing a welcoming/gathering space. Too, as "first impressions" are most important, new visitor should be welcomed by nice lounging area, not an area with a dirty pond which certainly serves as a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Desire, thanks for all you are doing and we are most excited to see the new additions when we return in June!
tommer
Desire Legend

Postby danbo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:13 am

Sorry to disagree, but we found the pond area a nice natural feature among all the stucco buildings. It certainly wasn't dirty and as far as all the references about the pond being the source of the mosquitos, it is probably the opposite case. The favourite food for all those fish in there (you did see the native fish?) is insects and larvae. Mosquito larvae in the pond would be eaten well before maturity. It's way more likely the bugs are coming from the surrounding bush and wetlands where they hide during the day and come out at sunset to feast on tender gringos.
Besides, madly waving at swarms of bugs is probably a great aerobic workout as long as you don't spill your drink.
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:18 pm

We'll split the difference!
We actually like the pond and the fountain and the fish. What we hate is the ridiculous heat in the lobby area, especially when there is an excellent band playing which we want to dance to...
So, does anyone actually know what renovations are underway? Just the lobby area, or the pond area too?
Looking to return in January.....
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby tommer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Just a quick note .... When we were last there last June, the pond and its filtration had not run for some time and it was dirty and quite stagnant. The remaining fish were struggling to stay alive and there was an uninviting smell. If Desire has done needed repairs and cleaning, we applaud their efforts. The pond area aside, I know that we are all thrilled with the updates to the lobby area. We would love a current update and a pic or two would be great!
tommer
Desire Legend

Postby BuffnFred » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:50 am

It looks like the lobby will get pushed out about 10-12 feet and the pond will just be smaller. They have the two concrete columns built now and are continuing to work on it. I have several pictures, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to figure out how to load them here.
BuffnFred
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Feb 2020

Postby tommer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:31 am

Great news!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I am not techie enough to help you with uploading your pictures. Thanks for the update! :D
tommer
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:48 am

eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby CokeMann » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:05 pm

BuffnFred wrote:It looks like the lobby will get pushed out about 10-12 feet and the pond will just be smaller. They have the two concrete columns built now and are continuing to work on it. I have several pictures, but I don't know if I'm smart enough to figure out how to load them here.

You can email them to me and I'll post them for you in one your own posts if you wish

Site Admin
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby here2benaughty » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:06 pm

This should give you some idea of what is taking place.

Desire Pearl - January 2016 - Dates TBD
Desire Pearl - October 5-13, 2014

SLS: azcpl4play - SDC & APG: here2benaughty
here2benaughty
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS APG

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl