Newbies, our first trip to Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Newbies, our first trip to Pearl

Postby feverpair » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi all

We have been into the lifestyle for over 10 years, not full on every weekend, just occasionally, and this is our first trip to a resort.

Looking at reviews on booking sites etc one thing that comes up is the method used to get loungers by the pool. Some say that you have to park your stuff on there first thing in the morning, others and this site suggest giving tip the attendant who will then reserve some for you each day you are there. I've even read that some guests take precedent over others because they are gold members or something like that, and normal guests will be requested to move to make way for them.

We love sitting by pools with a good book, people watching and taking the atmosphere all in. We have in the past put towels on beds, but we are always the type that will return within an hour and settle down with a good drink and book. Hopefully Pearl isn't the type of place where sun beds are reserved with a towel and then never used all day.

Could someone give us some guidance on how all this works.

Many Thanks in advance

Fever

:UK
feverpair
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 May 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Newbies, our first trip to Pearl

Postby PK North » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:52 pm

If you can get to the pool by 8 or 9, most days Victor or Jared will hook you up. You doing have to sit there that early, just reserve your spot. Go a little earlier on weekends (higher occupancy) or if you're really picky about where they seat you. Be sure to tip them for their effort. We just meet them on our way to breakfast;
Aphrodite is right next to the pool, so we were going that way anyway. Chairs at the beach were always in ample supply, beds less so.
PK North
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014

Postby Beth/Elton » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:19 am

Unlike other places this place is never over crowded even when full. Let Victor or Jarred know where you want be the first day and they will have your spot set up for you everyday, you don't need to rush out there to get it. You will not find a more friendly staff anywhere! Just tell them you want Beth and Elton's spot, llol.
Beth/Elton

We arrive on: 18 Aug 2014

Postby feverpair » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks for that, what size of tip would you give? Don't want to appear stingy. Also, when you say chairs, are they actual chairs or sun beds? I ask because some of the images show proper beds next to the pool with a gazebo over them which are obviously different to sun beds.

Can't wait to go, but May is just so far away.

:UK
feverpair
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 16 May 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby rykerw1701 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 pm

I gave either Victor or Jarred $5 US, which is about 50 pesos. I think there's a terminology issue here. There are regular beach chairs where you can lay back and adjust the slope of the back, and then there are beds with a gazebo over them. There are also more deluxe chairs near the bar side of the pool. They may be reserved for guests automatically if they have a membership or a higher end room. But if those rooms aren't booked, the chairs are open. Victor always checked a list before he'd do anything, that's why I thought there could be a reservation. I could be wrong about that, though, but there did seem to be some kind of pecking order.

There were ample chairs on the beach at all times.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl