Night Swim

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Night Swim

Postby Lavinth10 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 am

Is night swimming allowed? How about off the pier? Wondering cause last time didn't notice anyone taking advantage of the opportunity :D
Kasidie: BluSky15
Kik: BluSky15
Lavinth10
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Night Swim

Postby init4fun » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 am

Lavinth10 wrote:Is night swimming allowed? How about off the pier? Wondering cause last time didn't notice anyone taking advantage of the opportunity :D

We were there early August and we enjoyed the pool several times at night....usually if we wanted some place a little more to ourselves. Would just float, talk and enjoy the sound of the ocean. As far as the pier...not sure I would go that far out at night.....when we were there the waves were pretty rough. Just my opinion....hope this helps.
init4fun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015

Postby Lavinth10 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Just wondering if people actually went out for a night swim at the beach or off pier. I think it would be fun, but not worth drowning over high waves lol. Perhaps the Jacuzzi and Pool are safer at night time :wink:
Lavinth10
Desire Fan

Postby init4fun » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:49 am

No prob!! The pier goes out quite a ways but most people were at the Disco and Jacuzzi at night. That's where the party is....we took a stroll out on the pier one evening and, me being the big chicken I am, was not about to get in that water!! I couldn't see a thing so my mind was telling me that Jaw's granddaddy was eyeballing me while I was walking on the pier!! Ha!! So no night time pier swims for me!! :D
init4fun
Desire Fan

Postby Barerunners » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 pm

In all of our visits I don't recall ever seeing anyone swimming at night. Too dark really... One night they had a beach party at RM with a band, but they had lights set up. Still don't remember anyone getting in the water though. Other activities at night on the docks, when they existed, thats for sure. :D
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby cancouple » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Wow, just too creapy to think about swimming in the ocean at night! I mean I would want to be eaten, well at least not by a shark :)
cancouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Postby cancouple » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Sorry wouldn't want to be eaten , I guess i should proof read a little more often .
cancouple
Desire Fan

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 pm

I really wish they would light the pool and let people swim in the pools at night.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby cancouple » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:46 pm

Lkncouple wrote:I really wish they would light the pool and let people swim in the pools at night.

Do you think they would stop you from having a late night swim in the pool ?? I would hope not !
cancouple
Desire Fan

Postby Lavinth10 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:49 pm

I've seen people swimming in the pools at night...are they not supposed to? I don't think any of the Desire resorts have that many restrictions.
Lavinth10
Desire Fan

Postby init4fun » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 am

Lkncouple wrote:I really wish they would light the pool and let people swim in the pools at night.

We were there in early August and we swam in the pool at night several evenings. There were several employees that walked by during the time we were in the pool and nothings was ever said. I even made coffee and was drinking it in the pool, the air was a little chilly - so I'm not that old Ha!, but there was never anything said. Now, if it got a little crazy in the pool they might say something but that was one of the main things that I really enjoyed.....being able to use the pool during the late evening.
init4fun
Desire Fan

Postby Barerunners » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am

Don't see many people in the pool at night. It is a quiet alternative to the jacuzzi though and as said above as long as you don't get carried away they don't mind. It's fun to watch the Kwati mundis running around through the pool area and grill.
Ok, I'll do that....
Barerunners
Desire Addict

Postby Lavinth10 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:39 am

Is that what those were??? All this time we thought they were raccoon's! We were laying on one the beach beds having drinks enjoying the stars and all of sudden we looked behind us and these CoatiMundi showed up and wanted our drinks. Well that quickly ended our beach night lol. Do they bite or attack?
Last edited by Lavinth10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavinth10
Desire Fan

Postby youme69 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 am

We have used the pool after to disco several time, after dancing and sweating then you walk outside and it's even hotter you sure don't want to get into boiling water of the jacuzzi. But after a quick swim in the pool then join the jacuzzi party! We have never been bothered, sometimes security will watch you, last year they were power washing the concrete deck (2am) while we took a swim. The help really seemed to enjoy the three couple show!!
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby CokeMann » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 am

Lavinth10 wrote:Is that what those were??? All this time we thought they were raccoon's! We were laying on one the beach beds having drinks enjoying the stars and all of sudden we looked behind us and these Kwandi Mundi showed up and wanted our drinks. Well that quickly ended our beach night lol. Do they bite or attack?

Coatimundi They are generally shy, they are closely related to the common raccoon(which there are also lots of around Desire), they as well as the raccoons do carry a risk of rabies if you are bitten or scratched - I haven't heard of anyone being bitten at Desire by a coati, but I do know of at least one guest being bitten by a raccoon and had to undergo a series of injections as a rabies preventive.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl