Night Swim

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Night Swim

Postby SLINON » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Just my 2 cents....we were at Desire RM last November and when the lobby bar serves pizza, these little rascals show up and what we saw was passive/agressive behaviour. If you are on the side where the Pizza is served, they wait on the side until they see someone with a plate and then they launch themselves towards you. We were on our way back from the jacuzzi, stopped to grab a piece of pizza. We were standing and I was looking away when one of these things launched itself at my ankles. My husband stepped towards it and stomped on the ground to scare it away but as soon as he turned around the thing came at me again! This time hubby took an empty bar stool and just scraped it across the concrete towards him to scare him off. I was really shocked by what happened, I didn't expect them to be so aggressive. My husband said that I almost got bit. (I guess he thought he could take a bite out of me, I'm not very tall and very petite). I'm glad hubby was watching because I don't know what would have happened.

After that the bar tender started throwing large pieces of the pizza at them to keep them busy because this incident had some people very uncomfortable to say the least. We got the hell out of there and went back to our room to eat the pizza. The bar guys said they can be very aggressive because they are hungry and see food. He also told us that a guest had been bit by one of them. Don't know if it was a Coati or Racoon.

Just a FYI to anyone unfamiliar with them. I didn't see any of them at Pearl but definitely at RM.

This is off topic from the night swim but since it was brought up...just beware that they could be aggressive at times.
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: Night Swim

Postby miranda2 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Those rascals scare the crap out of me! We've seen their aggressive behaviour way too many times and we keep hoping something will be done with them. [-O< Maybe the crocodile in the swamp should meet them. :twisted:
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl