Hangover cure ?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Hangover cure ?

Postby cancouple » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 am

Can anyone tell me if they sell either Gatorade or G2 in the gift shop, sorry silly question but it is a big part of my hangover recovery/ cure?
cancouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Re: Hangover cure ?

Postby FromSeattle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 am

They don't. And you're right, Gatorade and Ibuprofen is the only real hangover "cure" since a hangover is muscle wear and dehydration. I brought my own stuff and drank a mass ton of water. Leave a note with your in-room fridge asking them to keep it filled with water bottles. That's what I did and I drank a bottle inbetween drinks. You'll get out of the pool (hopefully) a lot to pee, but you will feel great the next morning. It also helps to put in an hour at the gym everyday also.

:US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby TandD » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:57 am

FromSeattle wrote:They don't. And you're right, Gatorade and Ibuprofen is the only real hangover "cure" since a hangover is muscle wear and dehydration. I brought my own stuff and drank a mass ton of water. Leave a note with your in-room fridge asking them to keep it filled with water bottles. That's what I did and I drank a bottle inbetween drinks. You'll get out of the pool (hopefully) a lot to pee, but you will feel great the next morning. It also helps to put in an hour at the gym everyday also.

I assume you took powdered Gatorade - where did you get it? I can't find it anywhere!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Budlee » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 am

Packing bottles of Gatorade is too heavy, too unwieldy, so bring along a canister of the powder to add to the bottled water they will provide. Hangovers suck and take away time you could be spending enjoying the resort. Why not just drink to the level of comfortable buzz, stay hydrated in the process, and skip the whole hangover thing all together?

You can find the powdered stuff at any super market...
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby cancouple » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:12 am

FromSeattle wrote:They don't. And you're right, Gatorade and Ibuprofen is the only real hangover "cure" since a hangover is muscle wear and dehydration. I brought my own stuff and drank a mass ton of water. Leave a note with your in-room fridge asking them to keep it filled with water bottles. That's what I did and I drank a bottle inbetween drinks. You'll get out of the pool (hopefully) a lot to pee, but you will feel great the next morning. It also helps to put in an hour at the gym everyday also.

I will definitely track down some of the powdered Gatorade but you are right we find an hour in the gym really helps keep everything on track physically and mentally , I would like to think I can keep it at the happy buzz phase and mostly do, but I still really find the electrolytes in the Gatorade helps with overall energy!
cancouple
Desire Fan

Postby Miacpl30 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:20 pm

We bring 4-6 Vitamin Water Revive for every trip. That and plain asprin is our remedy. They do sell gatorade in gift shops. Wife got sick last day and we bought some
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby FromSeattle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 pm

I actually didn't bring any gatorade this trip, I just tempered my drinking and my pre-work out and recovery mixes were enough to keep me stable, plus a mass amount of water throughout the day. But Wal Mart Supercenters have powdered Gatorade. I get mine from the commissary on base though.

Chuck

FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby here2benaughty » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Gatorade, breakfast chorizo burritos and a mimosa do the trick for me.
Desire Pearl - January 2016 - Dates TBD
Desire Pearl - October 5-13, 2014

SLS: azcpl4play - SDC & APG: here2benaughty
here2benaughty
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS APG

Postby Fingers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 pm

cancouple wrote:Can anyone tell me if they sell either Gatorade or G2 in the gift shop, sorry silly question but it is a big part of my hangover recovery/ cure?

You can ask the taxi driver to stop on a convinience store on the way to the hotel from the airport, I ussually do it and it's safe, just make sure you tip the driver
While in the store I ask my wife to get our stuff while I wait in the taxi with our luggage
Fingers
Desire Convert

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 12 Sep 2014

Postby playalovers » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

Hangovers are your body's way of saying , "you should have never quit drinking!!!!" Lol
playalovers
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC SDC SLS

Postby SLINON » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Bring a small bottle of liquid Powerade to add to a bottle of water....it's small and can be used for 28 - 8 oz glasses. In grocery stores. Get the one with electrolytes.
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby northcarolina » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 pm

I got tore up from the floor up there and was begging my husband to just shoot me and put me out of my misery. He went to the bar and they made me a concoction of seltzer, lime juice and salt. I was on the road to recovery in 30 minutes or less. Mexican voodoo medicine!
northcarolina

We arrive on: 24 Nov 2014

Postby CLG » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:11 am

northcarolina wrote:I got tore up from the floor up there and was begging my husband to just shoot me and put me out of my misery. He went to the bar and they made me a concoction of seltzer, lime juice and salt. I was on the road to recovery in 30 minutes or less. Mexican voodoo medicine!

This drink is also good for an upset digestive system. We were told about this drink years ago from a Desire employee and my wife has used it several times.

What we always do is bring electrolyte powder, there are several brands available, but we mostly use Pedialyte powder. We mix up a bottle right before going to bed every night no matter how many adult beverages we drank.

CLG
CLG

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby Princessambergirl » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:39 pm

northcarolina wrote:I got tore up from the floor up there and was begging my husband to just shoot me and put me out of my misery. He went to the bar and they made me a concoction of seltzer, lime juice and salt. I was on the road to recovery in 30 minutes or less. Mexican voodoo medicine!

hahaha, this literally made me LOL.... :D
Princessambergirl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2015

Postby JD75 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I also bring some kids gummy vitamins-- I find they work wonders! Here's to princess gummies :D
JD75
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 29 Nov 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl