Jeans or Slacks?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Jeans or Slacks?

Postby lvdesirecouple » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:37 pm

My apologies for asking a repetitive question I'm sure. But this is our first trip to Pearl, been to the other Desire and Hedo several times. At dinner throughout the resorts we were able to wear a nice pair of jeans, kind of Vegas type attire. Does anyone know what the attire is at Pearl, if jeans are alright in the nice restaurant? They say "pants", that doesn't fully answer my question, huge difference between the two. Help please.
lvdesirecouple

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Jeans or Slacks?

Postby yoyo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:45 pm

lvdesirecouple wrote:My apologies for asking a repetitive question I'm sure. But this is our first trip to Pearl, been to the other Desire and Hedo several times. At dinner throughout the resorts we were able to wear a nice pair of jeans, kind of Vegas type attire. Does anyone know what the attire is at Pearl, if jeans are alright in the nice restaurant? They say "pants", that doesn't fully answer my question, huge difference between the two. Help please.

Yes you can wear nice pair of jeans !
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby CokeMann » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:05 am

You can wear jeans, they will be hot however. My suggestion would be a light pair of dockers or similar
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:47 am

I always take a couple nice pair of jeans whether it's March or July. In addition, I always take some white linen pants and a pair of silk tommy bahama slacks.....always nice to have options!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby FromSeattle » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:35 am

eddieandjojo wrote:I always take a couple nice pair of jeans whether it's March or July. In addition, I always take some white linen pants and a pair of silk tommy bahama slacks.....always nice to have options!

The best advice I could give are the white linen pants. Man was I happy to have those when we went. I'm bringing a couple of pairs of linen pants our next trip. Just watchout while at dinner, or when dealing with chocolate during the Tantric Sex Yoga class (personal experience - it came out)

:US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby thekastle » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:52 pm

You wear jeans daily, or to mow the lawn, or to do yard work, or to clean the house, or to go shopping, or to do your what ever at home, why not step up to the plate and add a little "something" to your wardrobe. As has been said before, put on a pair of linen slacks, put on a pair of chinos, put on something that does Not imply "Levi".

You have just spent several thousand dollars to go to a resort that provides 4+ stars of service. Why would you not want to put your best forward.

Save the jeans for a trip to Puerto Morelos, Cancun, or what ever other off resort place you want to go.

Come on - Just don't be as routine as you may be at home.
thekastle
Desire Fan

Postby Miacpl30 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 pm

I usually wear nice jeans..not wrangler but nice and expensive ones with a nice dress shirt. No different than a night out on south beach etc.
I do need to look into those linen pants. Where does everyone get them?
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby FromSeattle » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Miacpl30 wrote:I usually wear nice jeans..not wrangler but nice and expensive ones with a nice dress shirt. No different than a night out on south beach etc.
I do need to look into those linen pants. Where does everyone get them?

I got mine from H & M

:US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby Budlee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I dressed up for the evenings, in sexy cute dresses and high heels..... I think it's nice if the fellas do the same and put on something other than jeans, to complement the level of attire the ladies are wearing, and also to make that little effort as we've done for you. Believe me when I say that guys look hot when they make that little extra effort to neaten up a bit.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Just to clarify, we aren't taking about a run of the mill pair of 501's, a nice pair of jeans will run upwards of $150 and are worn with a modern long sleeve button down shirt. As Mia points out, something you would wear at any upscale nightclub on South Beach, NY, LA, Cabo, etc....! I only throw out a price tag so its obvious that these aren't normal house worn or jeans worn while changing the oil on a pick up. Okay, point made.

Mia - I got a great pair of white linen pants on Ebay, lots to choose from.....my advice is to pay a little more for a well known brand rather than not. I made that mistake the first time. Wife absolutely loves the look.....if wife is happy all is right in the world!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby yoyo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:52 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:Just to clarify, we aren't taking about a run of the mill pair of 501's, a nice pair of jeans will run upwards of $150 and are worn with a modern long sleeve button down shirt. As Mia points out, something you would wear at any upscale nightclub on South Beach, NY, LA, Cabo, etc....! I only throw out a price tag so its obvious that these aren't normal house worn or jeans worn while changing the oil on a pick up. Okay, point made.

Mia - I got a great pair of white linen pants on Ebay, lots to choose from.....my advice is to pay a little more for a well known brand rather than not. I made that mistake the first time. Wife absolutely loves the look.....if wife is happy all is right in the world!

Hubby got his linen pants in banana republic....
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby couplenindy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:54 pm

My husband usually brings linen slacks. They are available almost anywhere...many places are putting them on clearance right now...great time of year to buy them! Nice jeans are acceptable, but I think they would be very uncomfortable in the moist warm Caribbean air.
Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby Budlee » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am

Doesn't really matter how much you spend on your denim - jeans are jeans. I'm not a label conscious person and would have no idea, just by looking, how overpriced your jeans are! Look, if that's what you want to wear, then go for it....it's only my opinion that men dressed in linen or other, in a tropical location, just look hotter.....(as in sexier, not temperature)
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby miranda2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 am

Budlee wrote:Doesn't really matter how much you spend on your denim - jeans are jeans. I'm not a label conscious person and would have no idea, just by looking, how overpriced your jeans are! Look, if that's what you want to wear, then go for it....it's only my opinion that men dressed in linen or other, in a tropical location, just look hotter.....(as in sexier, not temperature)

Well said, *Budlee*. That's exactly what I was thinking and couldn't have said it better myself.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby werfun » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:48 am

Jeans? He doesn't own a pair and hasn't for years. Dress slacks and a nice shirt for him and he's ready to go. Oh yea since we live in Hawaii he has lots of shorts but only wears them during the day not when we go out at night.
werfun
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl