Too many people wearing bathing suits.

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Too many people wearing bathing suits.

Postby SJCrazy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

BTDT wrote:FWIW, clothing optional should never be considered or suggested as the clothed option is somehow a sad or second rate option. It is a perfectly appropriate option when it is one that is offered.

People have their reasons for reaming clothed or partially clothed. Those reasons deserve the same level of respect one should afford, and should hope for in return, in other areas of choice such as hair or bare, private play or public play, lifestyle friendly or committed to monogamy.

There's a difference between disappointment and whether or not you respect people's choices. Complaints that there are too many suits are valid feedback about the experience at the resort. I'd be PISSED if I went to Desire and it was all vanilla couples wearing suits the whole time. It wouldn't be their fault, but it sure would suck.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby couplenindy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm

There's a difference between disappointment and whether or not you respect people's choices. Complaints that there are too many suits are valid feedback about the experience at the resort. I'd be PISSED if I went to Desire and it was all vanilla couples wearing suits the whole time. It wouldn't be their fault, but it sure would suck.

Well said! I do not look down on anyone wearing a suit...their choice...but if everyone except us wore a suit it would change the entire vibe of the resort...(aka it would SUCK)...so it is a valid discussion!
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby nologic » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Well that wouldn't be Desire...it would be some other place...

But my takeaway about the facts of of life at Desire are:

1) Most people do go nude, so the people in bathing suits are in the vast minority;
2) There are all types, so people's attitudes seem to be generally respected;
3) There is a combination of newbies and nudists and experienced wingers...and it's sort of a "whatever works for you attitude."
4) People are very friendly -- that message seems to come thru loudest -- and there's an interesting mix of people from all over;
5) The character of the place changes over the course of a visit as people come in and out...
nologic
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Postby EroticSailor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:46 pm

couplenindy wrote:

Well said! I do not look down on anyone wearing a suit...their choice...but if everyone except us wore a suit it would change the entire vibe of the resort...(aka it would SUCK)...so it is a valid discussion!

I agree with both of these posts! It certainly is a valid discussion.
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jan 2016

Postby miranda2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 pm

nologic wrote:Well that wouldn't be Desire...it would be some other place...

1) Most people do go nude, so the people in bathing suits are in the vast minority;
3) There is a combination of newbies and nudists and experienced wingers...and it's sort of a "whatever works for you attitude."
4) People are very friendly -- that message seems to come thru loudest -- and there's an interesting mix of people from all over;
5) The character of the place changes over the course of a visit as people come in and out...

We agree and well said.

We love that Desire resorts offer many options and no one is 'forced' to do anything they don't feel comfortable with. That's why we keep going back.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby 2muchentropy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 am

Have to add one more angle which people might be missing, but something we have been experiencing thanks to modern technology...and that is that we can't go without swimsuits while the sun is out because we are both getting laser hair removal. We're getting close to being done (it's been over a year now) and it's for the "greater good", lol, BUT until then the suits need to stay on. 6 months ago we went without for a couple of days at Pearl and when we got home ended up getting burned by the laser as it seems the laser seeks out the darker hair follicles but if your skin is darker that area can absorb that wavelength of the laser and we did. Pretty painful, with some scarring, luckily only temporary.

I would think we aren't the only ones getting it done either, so a large number of the people you may think are being lookie loos might actually being doing a little work on themselves for future full birthday suit glory. Let me tell you from personal experience that keeping that swimsuit on can make you a little ornery and it feels a bit like how this looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7JhmSB9Po

:)
2muchentropy
Desire Convert

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 am

Also something to consider, and we discovered this first hand with another couple, some people may have recent not yet fully healed scars from minor surgical procedures. That plus laser hair removal burn potential makes a lot of sense. We are going back in January and starting laser hair removal treatments this week. So the swimsuit question is one we will have to face on the next trip. We will likely avoid the direct sun as much as possible and try to go without but if the situation demands we will wear them. Though possibly with a small sign we place everywhere we go that says "Under Construction: Laser Hair Removal In Progress." :idea:
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby bchcpl2445 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:26 am

nologic wrote:Well that wouldn't be Desire...it would be some other place...

We choose Pearl for exactly the above reasons. Sometimes its sexy to wear a micro bikini or small speedo that normally aren't worn at other resorts. Its nice to be able to mix it up!
"Loved Pearl in Feb '14 & Nov '14"
bchcpl2445
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2014

Postby tommer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 am

My wife has finished her second of nine IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments, an alternative and a very promising one to traditional laser treatments for hair removal. It is rather affordable and results have been great. She is doing a bikini and full Brazilian program. Like laser, she needs to avoid sun and indoor tanning over the seven month process, and she will be "ready to go" by the time we return to Pearl in June ...... no bathing suits for her!!!! :wink:
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby miranda2 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Not sure why anyone has to make up any sort of excuse as to why they choose to wear some sort of swimwear or not. Who really cares??? It's a clothing optional resort.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby Peter3m3m3 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Most wearing bottoms but VERY few tops.
Peter3m3m3

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2014

Postby TandD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:13 pm

I may have voiced this opinion on another thread but FWIW, we go to Desire to be "sexy" and that can mean a lot of things. I like it when my wife gets naked but I also really like it when she wears say, a sheer-when-wet suit or one that almost slices her in two. I think this is what separates the Desire experience from a Nudist resort (for me anyway). At Club Orient on St. Martin, everyone is naked but nobody is being "sexy" - PDA is prohibited. I'm not looking for just nakedness.

If it were all about just getting naked, there'd be no reason to have theme nights. Don't begrudge me my fantasy of seeing my wife in an incredibly slutty bathing suit, walking around in "public" okay? :D
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl