What Percentage Dress for Theme Nights

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What Percentage Dress for Theme Nights

Postby nologic » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Well, the title says it all...how impt is it to dress for the theme nights in that theme? What percentage of females and males dress up vs. go waering whatever they went to dinner with?
nologic
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Re: What Percentage Dress for Theme Nights

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

Mrs. S and I dressed for every theme night. That being said...I would say while we were there participation for the ladies probably ran as high as 50% some nights. Participation from the men was usually around 20-25% by my rough estimation. Different themes brought out different levels of response.

Personally we as a couple will always dress for theme nights on our stays whether anyone else does it or not. It's just fun. :L
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Budlee » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 am

On our visit to Pearl, probably 6-8 women went all out, over the top for each theme, perhaps another 10-15 gave a nod to the theme with some sort of accessory, and the remaining didn't do anything. For the men, it was even less - maybe 10% of men even gave a nod... if that.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby co_chicago » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 am

We usually dress for the theme nights. We try to keep the costumes light for 2 reasons. Less to pack and for the Mrs, less is more when it comes to costumes. She enjoys dressing in sexy and revealing outfits. I enjoy it too but as much as anything, she enjoys it and it's more fun for her if we do it together.
co_chicago
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC chicagobifun

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Miss SJ and I try to always have something fun for every night. Some nights it might be a big involved silly thing, like when I wrapped my package into a massive package for Christmas. Other times it might just be a simple dress or something.

I think women tend to be 60-70+% on the theme nights, and the men tend to be 20-30%. The simpler ones, like black/white or red night or whatever, get higher participation. I think a lot of people feel a little intimidated by the theme nights. People worry about seeming goofy or not having the best outfit. For all those people, I say don't worry about a damn thing.

If you look totally goofy, it'll only get you positive attention. Having an outfit that isn't as cool, elaborate, clever or funny as somebody else's is no problem either. The more people participate, the more fun it is for everyone. If there really is some asshole there that thinks less of you for it, you don't want to hang out with that jerk anyways 8)
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby adrian » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:15 pm

To my mind a big part of the fun at DP is the night time disco and entertainment and this is always made better by the participants wearing the themed outfits. One issue that arose a couple of times we have been is that the visiting group of the week changed all the theme nights so that the group was wearing and doing one thing and the rest of us were doing something else which to my mind is not helpful. I don't understand why they would want to change the nights. So I am big advocate of EVERYBODY trying to do something. Its always better to be a participant rather than a mere observer. So go for it. Ladies dress up as much as you can and gentlemen at least bring something to match the color. I must admit that my days of wearing a thong and not much else are now passed as it frankly doesn't look so great, but I will always dress up in my best attire (carefully chosen to avoid the thong look) and try to look good and match the colors. REAL MEN do dress up!!
adrian
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:08 pm

adrian wrote:To my mind a big part of the fun at DP is the night time disco and entertainment and this is always made better by the participants wearing the themed outfits. One issue that arose a couple of times we have been is that the visiting group of the week changed all the theme nights so that the group was wearing and doing one thing and the rest of us were doing something else which to my mind is not helpful. I don't understand why they would want to change the nights. So I am big advocate of EVERYBODY trying to do something. Its always better to be a participant rather than a mere observer. So go for it. Ladies dress up as much as you can and gentlemen at least bring something to match the color. I must admit that my days of wearing a thong and not much else are now passed as it frankly doesn't look so great, but I will always dress up in my best attire (carefully chosen to avoid the thong look) and try to look good and match the colors. REAL MEN do dress up!!

Sometimes there is some disagreement about what the theme nights are; they often get changed with very little notice, and the group may have already planned for something. Also, sometimes the group will arrange with the staff to change a theme night, but there might not be very good notice given to guests that aren't with the group. I always try to do my homework, and if there's some ambiguity about the theme for a given night, we just pick whichever one we prefer because we figure the confusion will have couples going with both themes anyways.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl