Drink List

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Drink List

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 am

nologic wrote:
omfg. Life is short. Focus on the positive. Don't stress over the details. The staff will do their best to make sure you have a positive experience.

Such drama over some simple questions and personal preferences. Don't sweat the small stuff, or the devil is in the details? I'm more in the former camp, but businesses live and die by the latter.

I asked abt drinks, because I have prefs: I don't drink cheap wine or well booze at home and don't want to on an expensive vacation. So, I basically want to know what to bring to supplement for myself. Now I know to bring some wine and maybe a btl of Macallan or buy an aged tequila.

While both Ketel and Stoli are premium vodka, there's a big difference over Smirnoff. Prob can't taste the difference in a tropical drink, straight up or in a martini before dinner is another matter.

If I was just planning on being in the pool for one foam party, I wouldn't care abt the water temp; some people enjoy heated pools more than unheated ones -- that's why so many resort (incl Temptation) feature toasty warm pools. So, I'll adjust, just not my pref.

Overall, I'm sure it will be a blast.

If you sense drama it's because many of your posts wallow in negativity, and you haven't even stayed at Pearl yet. Go first, then come back with your critiques. You could read every single post ever made on this forum, and yet your experience will still be unique. Come back and then tell us what you think.

Now, using vodka as an example of "premium" is just funny. In innumerable blind taste tests, the Grey Goose (the greatest marketing coup of recent times) and Ketels of the world perform miserably. One particular one I remember was by the New York Times, where they had people in the industry, and vodka geeks, as the tasters. Ketel and Goose were at the bottom of that, and the Smirnoff you slammed won best tasting and best value. So I guess there is a big difference between them.

Edit: Found the article. Bit different than I remember, but the results weren't. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/26/dinin ... .html?_r=0
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tommer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Bravo to Powderfinger! To each, their own ...... alcohol and fun! We have been most happy with the selection of drink, though we do ask for our favored brands rather than let the bartenders use their cheaper stock. Going to Pearl is all about enjoying the adventure and one should not become too consumed by too many details. Hey, relax ...... have another drink, perhaps a couple of shots of Milagro.
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby nologic » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 pm

It's all good...from what I've learned, I would bring some private stock...that's all. Now I know what to bring. I would even bring some to share.
nologic
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl