Drink List

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Drink List

Postby nologic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:01 am

I found this list on the Desire website...I thought there was an Anejo tequila? I also thought I read that they served Grey Goose vodka?

http://www.desirepearlcouples.com/Desir ... _faq.asp#4

Tequila: Cuervo Especial, Sauza Conmemorativo, Tequila 100 Años, Cuervo Tradicional.
Rum: Bacardi Blanco, Bacardi Limon, Appleton Blanco, Appleton Especial, Bacardi Añejo, Barcardi Solera, Ron Coco
Vodka: Smirnoff, Wyborowa, Absolut Azul, Absolut Citron
Gin: Beefeater, Tanqueray, Oso Negro
Beer: Sol Beer on draft, a Mexican golden lager beer with a refreshing taste and smooth, mellow flavor, first brewed in Mexico in 1899. Dos XX in cans is available in guest rooms.
Whiskey: Johnny Walker Red Label, J & B, Canadian Club, Canadian Mist, Chivas Regal 12 years.
Bourbon: Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Kentucky Gentleman.
White Wine: Viña Maipo (Chile)
Red Wine: Viña Maipo (Chile)
Rose: Viña Maipo ( Chile )
Brandy: Don Pedro, Terry Cent, Fundador.
Liquors: Wassels Cream, Kahlua, Dry Sack, Anis Chinchon Dulce, Anis Chinchon Seco, Pernod de Anis, Licor de Melon, Dubonet, Campari, Curacao Azul, Fernet, Cassis, Martini & Rossi Vermouth. Soft drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and juices.
In-Room Mini-Fridge: XX beer, Coke, Diet, Coke and bottled water
Aperitifs or After Dinner Drinks: (Available exclusively in IL Piecere and Suki Speciality Restaurants)
Licor 43
Galeano
Frangelico
Brandy Napoleon St. Remi
Xtabentun (Mayan Liquor)
nologic
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Re: Drink List

Postby ironman1231 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:42 am

That website isn't an official website - it's a travel agency. Here's the real site: http://desirepearl.originalresorts.com/faqs.asp

WHAT ARE THE BRANDS OF THE DRINKS INCLUDED?
Soft drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fresca as well as pineapple orange, grapefruit and cranberry juice.
Bourbon: Jim Beam.
Brandy Don Pedro, Terry Cent, Founder.
Beer: XX Lager, Tecate Light.
Gin: Beefeater, Tanqueray.
Liqueurs: Anisette Chinchon Sweet, Dry Anis Chinchón, Apple Pucker, Watermelon Pucker, Whisky Cream, Almond Liqueur, Coffee Liqueur, Licor de Coco, Melon Liquor, Cocoa Liquor, Campari, Blue Curaçao, Fernet, Cassis, Martini & Rossi dry vermouth, Martini Bianco, Xtabentun (Liquor Maya).
Mini-bar in rooms: Beer XX lager, Coke, Diet Coke and bottled water.
Rum: Bacardi (white), Bacardi (golden), Solera Bacardi, Bacardi Limon, Appleton Special, Captain Morgan, Flor de Caña 7 years.
Tequila: Tequila Jose Cuervo Especial, Tequila Jose Cuervo Traditional Tequila Milagro Blanco Tequila Hundred Years.
White wine: Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
Red wine: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Rose wine: White Zinfandel L.A. Cetto.
Vodka: Stolichnaya, Absolut Blue, Absolut Mandarin, Absolut Citron.
Whisky Jack Daniels.
Whisky Scotch J & B, Chivas Regal 12 years, Johnny Walker Red Label.
Canadian Whisky: Canadian Mist.
After dinner (available exclusively on the restaurant's bar and Pearl Aphrodite): Licor 43, Jagermeister, Kahlua, Frangelico, Amaretto, Dew Plum, Courvoisier Cognac.
Find us on all the sites as ironpuppie.
ironman1231
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS SDC

Postby oldseadog » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Tsk Tsk: Jack Daniels and Canadian Mist are whiskey not whisky. Whisky is only made in Scotland, everywhere else has the "e" in the spelling.
(I'm the original nitpicker.)
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:22 pm

....and yes they serve Grey Goose at both resorts.
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:57 pm

They have plenty of Grey Goose. You just have to specify it if you want your drink with Grey Goose. Otherwise you will get cheaper version. Same thing goes for Gin and Rum.
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby nologic » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 pm

The Grey Goose is hidden? What's other premium beverages are hidden? How abt Anejo?
nologic
Desire Lover

Postby SJCrazy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:21 am

Anejo is not a brand, but a type. I'd say most tequila brands have an anejo product:
Añejo [aˈɲexo] ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels

The liquor selection can be hit or miss. Sometimes they'll run out of one kind and just start serving something else. Make sure you always specify which liquor you want in your drink. If you order "tequila" you'll get Jose Cuervo. If you order proper tequila (Milagro, Don Julio or or Three Generations) you'll get something actually drinkable. Same goes for vodka, gin or anything else: always specify a brand!
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby hisamericangeisha » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:42 am

Any Pinot Grigio on site?? Or maybe a sweet tasting mixed drink that they serve there??

(The wife prefers a lite, sweet tasting wine or sweet tasting mixed drinks. Yes Gentlemen....Im sure you have something sweet from your penis grigio to offer her....but that's a different topic....)
hisamericangeisha
Desire Fan

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:00 pm

The selection varies from that list though the items there are generally always ready. For example I requested my gin and tonics with Bombay Saphire if I saw it on the shelf. Unless it was 2am in the jacuzzi and I didn't care! :)
Never be afraid to order your drinks on the rocks or with soda or tonic. You'll get a nice comfortable vodka tonic for example and if you ask for a pour of Captain Morgan, just to name one, on the rocks you'll get a nice size drink. Nicer size drink if you send your wife or clearly indicate it is for her! 8)
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

hisamericangeisha wrote:Any Pinot Grigio on site?? Or maybe a sweet tasting mixed drink that they serve there??

(The wife prefers a lite, sweet tasting wine or sweet tasting mixed drinks. Yes Gentlemen....Im sure you have something sweet from your penis grigio to offer her....but that's a different topic....)

There is a "hidden" wine list you can access but it is at a cost. The house red is not exceptional but it is a slightly sweet one. Drinkable. They can mix up any sweet drink you want....made a darn fine Tequila Sunrise with Milagro if you specify at the pool bar. Honestly if you ask for something specific you see that they have they will mix it for you. It's not a big deal for those guys at all.
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

Postby hisamericangeisha » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:32 pm

:L
hisamericangeisha
Desire Fan

Postby EmptyNesters » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 pm

K&S4Fun&Sun wrote:
hisamericangeisha wrote:Any Pinot Grigio on site?? Or maybe a sweet tasting mixed drink that they serve there??

The house red is not exceptional but it is a slightly sweet one. Drinkable.

When we were there in October, we were always offered a Cabernet and a Merlot no matter where we ate. Both were very good.
Joe & Ellen
Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
SLS -CT_empty_nesters
SDC - emptynesters1
EmptyNesters
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby 2naked » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 pm

I agree you shouldn't expect a certain brand to be there based on a published list. It is very hit or miss but they usually have a good selection of Tequillas including annejos. We love Melagro for mixing and Cuervo for shooting :-) I will say that I have never had a good martini there so I quit trying. Also never had a good Scotch/Cognac/Brandy there either. Stick with Beer, wine, and normal rum/vodka drinks and you will be good. Oh and CeCe's Bloody Marrys are the best first drink of the day!
25 Desire trips since Apr-2011
2 Hedo trips
SLS: WeR2Naked
KIK: Heis2naked
2naked
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:49 pm

The bar in Aphrodite actually makes a darn good vodka or gin martini. But that could be a new bartender. The lobby bar makes an espresso martini that was our favorite drink period during our last trip. Scotch...you got me there. I drink single malts and JW Red was about the best I could get my hands on. Drinkable.
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

Postby nologic » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 pm

SJCrazy wrote:Anejo is not a brand, but a type. I'd say most tequila brands have an anejo product:
Añejo [aˈɲexo] ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels

I do understand that anejo means aged and is not a brand, but an aged anejo has substantially more smoothness than anything on that list. I think a high end Mexican resort should have a premium tequila, bit that's just my opinion.

I do like Grey Goose for vodka. There's no scotch there that I like. Minimum for me would be Macallan 12...but Chivas is better than Dewars.

I may bring down a bottle of scotch or tequilla and will probably bring my own wines...but I think there are high end all-inclusives that have nicer stuff...I looked up the wines, one was a $6 cab from Chile. I realize price isn't the be all and end all, but $6 wines (retail US liquor store price) don't generally cut it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course, once you mix most stuff it gets harder to tell the difference, although I still think a margaryita w a good anejo and fresh lime juice beats Tres Generacions and sour mix, hands down.
nologic
Desire Lover

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl