Travel in August

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Travel in August

Postby cancouple1975 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:27 pm

My wife and I were planning a trip to Pearl in Feb but had to cancel due to some scheduling conflicts. We are now considering a trip in August and we are wondering is it any different at that time of year. We are newbies to the clothing optional resorts but are excited to explore. Has anyone visited in August? Is there are difference in weather (daytime and nighttime) compared to February? As well what about the people? Is it still busy? Same kind of party people? We had planned to visit in February as an escape from the Canadian winter but planned have changed. Any thoughts?
cancouple1975
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2016

Re: Travel in August

Postby yoyo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 pm

newcouple1975 wrote:My wife and I were planning a trip to Pearl in Feb but had to cancel due to some scheduling conflicts. We are now considering a trip in August and we are wondering is it any different at that time of year. We are newbies to the clothing optional resorts but are excited to explore. Has anyone visited in August? Is there are difference in weather (daytime and nighttime) compared to February? As well what about the people? Is it still busy? Same kind of party people? We had planned to visit in February as an escape from the Canadian winter but planned have changed. Any thoughts?

better rates in August low season rates, I think feb is considered high season ...other than that it is the same or maybe the weather a bit hotter....have fun !
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby SJCrazy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

I think August should be fine, but I'd aim for early August. Once you start getting into fall you get the rainy season.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:48 pm

We've vacationed many times in August in spite of Aug being dead smack in the middle of Hurricane Season - fortunately we've always lucked out and missed any major storms.

When is hurricane season?
FYI - The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30 with the peak period from early August through the end of October.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby hoppercf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:55 am

We visited pearl in early February 2014 and liked it so much that we did a follow-up vacation in early August. The differences between those two dates that we noted were:

- We had no rain during either visit.
- The nights in February were obviously cooler.
- The mosquitos were terrible during the nights in August, not bad at all during February.
- The crowd was younger in August (Probably, because it's easier to have one's children pawned of on a babysitter during the summer - like we did).

Other than that, both times of the year are a blast. Unfortunately, we will not be back until early Aug. 2015. I was kind of digging the whole six-month ventures down to Pearl.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby tommer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:19 am

I don't know if this will be of any help, but for the last 4 years, we have chosen a time (June) in between your debated times. As this is the very early part of the formal hurricane season, we have found it to be a "safe time" in terms of weather. We have had no rain, perfect day/night temperatures, and no bugs/misquotes. Too, rates have been lowered and with the current promos, you can't beat the pricing. All this said, we have enjoyed a nice size crowd and a fantastic time each and every visit. We will return on June 8th for a highly anticipated 8 nights ... come and join us and we will be glad to spend some time orienting you to the greatness of Desire Pearl!
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby rykerw1701 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:25 pm

We were there late last August, and the weather was perfect, and the mosquitoes weren't at issue at all. I can't compare to other times of year as that was our first trip, but it was a lively crowd, with a nice mix of ages and occupancy was good later in the week, though Monday it was a little sparse. If we can do it, we'd book for the same time next year.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl