Airport transportation recommendations

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Airport transportation recommendations

Postby MKEcple » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 pm

As newbies I wanted to reach out to everyone for suggestions and costs on getting to and from the airport.

Dave and Morgan
MKEcple

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2014

Re: Airport transportation recommendations

Postby TandD » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Use the (forum) search Luke.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby CokeMann » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:25 pm

CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby MKEcple » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks for the advice!
MKEcple

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2014

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:54 am

TandD wrote:Use the (forum) search Luke.

I searched and couldn't find any messages about Luke, mostly about luke warm hot tub temps...what's the story w Luke vs USA?
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Postby TandD » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:20 pm

BeantownNewbs wrote:
TandD wrote:Use the (forum) search Luke.

I searched and couldn't find any messages about Luke, mostly about luke warm hot tub temps...what's the story w Luke vs USA?

Sorry, it was my failed attempt to parody a mysterious helpful voice saying "Use the force Luke" - into "Use the Search Luke".

Basically, there are lots of threads around transportation. You can help the owner of this site pay his bills by using the USA Transfer links as well.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Yes, many options for transfers...I thought you used a specific company/driver named Luke. My issue w USA is that they are huge and waiting for the driver seems longer than it should have to be but maybe they all park at the same place and all have the same theoretical delay. I would certainly want to support this site, and USA transfers is a good deal. If I adjusted my expectations and said it would be 10-15 mins to save $30, maybe that makes the most sense, but I am often impatient to get to the hotel after traveling for 5-7+ hours from the East Coast. And w the room assignment roulette, I learned by 2pm, most new arrivals have already checked in, so ur stuck w ur room (we actually missed room we would have preferred by 5 mins). People coming from other area resorts or from closer nonstop destinations get there earlier.
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

Postby CokeMann » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:04 pm

BeantownNewbs wrote: My issue w USA is that they are huge and waiting for the driver seems longer than it should have to be but maybe they all park at the same place and all have the same theoretical delay. I would certainly want to support this site, and USA transfers is a good deal. If I adjusted my expectations and said it would be 10-15 mins to save $30, maybe that makes the most sense, but I am often impatient to get to the hotel after traveling for 5-7+ hours from the East Coast.

FYI - The issue is the same for all Transfer companies - they are not allowed to have their vehicles parked and waiting on site within the airport property, but rather have to call them up from an off site waiting area when required. It is a PITA for them and their customers especially when the airport is at peak busy times when multiple large planes arrive also most all at the same time. Unfortunately this is pretty much SOP at all airports these days.

In addition you may have noticed that the airport designated area for loading transfer vehicles is rather small for the size of the terminals and the airport won't let transfer vans into the small loading area unless there is an available loading spot. It's something that all the transfer companies have to lives with and all contributes to frustrations on both sides. This restricted designated space for loading the transfer vehicles at Cancun airport is unfortunately unique to that airport unlike how other airports around the world handle the same issue.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:15 pm

So maybe they are all the same. In that case, USA is reliable and easy to communicate with by email. And,maybe we had a one off experience where our ground coordinator was called away or time for break,and there seemed to have been a mishap in the handoff to another guy who had to start from scratch.
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

Postby danbo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:47 am

We have used AllDo tours (Desire's choice) and USA. Both had the same short delay once they have your name. Both have about the same good service and drivers. USA is cheaper and supports the forum. No brainer.
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby desireaddict » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:07 am

danbo wrote:We have used AllDo tours (Desire's choice) and USA. Both had the same short delay once they have your name. Both have about the same good service and drivers. USA is cheaper and supports the forum. No brainer.

"No brainer" is right.
USA supports our favorite Cancun Forum and is cheap and dependable.

Life is Good!
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby youngmicouple » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:55 pm

We just reserved our round trip with USA using the link. Can't wait 16 days away from the hot tub.
Kik 15CamSS1LE
youngmicouple
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Postby BeantownNewbs » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am

Cokemann, do u have a price w USA for a 2 person sedan or anything but a 6-8 pax van? I would prefer a nicer car, depending on the price. I don't need anEscalade, which I think run around $100, but not sure...?
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:33 am

BeantownNewbs wrote:Cokemann, do u have a price w USA for a 2 person sedan or anything but a 6-8 pax van? I would prefer a nicer car, depending on the price. I don't need an Escalade, which I think run around $100, but not sure...?

I believe that you can request a car rather than a van(I believe same price), put that in as request when you book and then do the back and forth with them on availability when you get your conformation email - if you don't like what they have to offer, simply cancel your reservation - no penalty :D

We where there in Nov and had one of their newer vans all to ourselves, frankly better A/C than most cars and certainly lots of spread out room for the 20 min ride, your choice however
CokeMann
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl