Ocean View room

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Ocean View room

Postby charles4438 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Wife and I have stayed three times, each time in a Master Suite. Very convenient, large "extra" room she can nap in between pool time and Jacuzzi time and the second bathroom is nice to have, as well.

This time we are thinking of an Ocean View room. Any feedback on quality/size of this room v Jr Suite or Master Suite? If it's just one bathroom v two or no extra couch and TV area, we're wondering if the extra $$ for the Master Suite is really worth it. I've looked through the forums (I'm sure this is addressed somewhere) but couldn't find it.

Any input is appreciated. See y'all July 2!
Charles
ILCAtlanta on SLS
charles4438

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Jun 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Ocean View room

Postby tommer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

We have stayed in both rooms and for us, anything beyond the Ocean View room is excessive and unnecessary. The Ocean Front rooms are relatively large with one bedroom (king) and bathroom. In reality, we/you spend very little time in the room, as it's all about the pool and all of its compliments. I would save your money, do the Ocean Front option, and book 1 or 2 more exotic massages! :wink: :wink: :wink: You still may find yourselves in a larger room if invited to "be friendly" by another couple or if there is a private party. Isn't Desire WONDERFUL!
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby Budlee » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:44 am

We've only been once and stayed in a standard ocean view room. It was plenty spacious, and we're only in the room really to sleep, shower, dress, etc. I want to be out of the room, enjoying the resort, as much as possible.

Only reason I could see going for a suite, is if we were traveling with some "friends" and wanted to host a party in our room - the extra space would come in handy, in that instance.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby Miacpl30 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 pm

We usually get the lowest room as we rarely spend much time in it. This last time at pearl in july we were given a first floor room with a jacuzzi outside and took advantage of it. Late night parties every night. People say Pearl is much more tame. This was our 5th trip and first to pearl but have to say Pearl was much more fun than RM!!
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby sometimer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:42 am

having stayed in a oceanview, junior and master

Ocean view, and junior = identical only reason to upgrade is availability

master suite = a ocean view room in the front, bred with some other crummy room in the back. personally I would like to see these destroyed and the crummy room be made into the cheapest option to up the population slightly.

also the oceanviews / juniors had a couch by the sliding door, where as I want to recall my my master suite while identical up front did not have this, and the couch was in the added room with the flatscreen.

oceanviews and juniors also do not have the big flatscreens. I do not believe i have touched my remote to this day during any of my stays.
sometimer

We are from: Canada

Postby BeantownNewbs » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 am

While some people don't care about their room, others prefer the spaciousness and extra full bathroom afforded by master suites. Some people must like master suites with plunge pools, because they seem to sell out, often ahead of other room types (I think there are only 5 of them) and the penthouse suites, with huge ocean front terraces, are very frequently sold out, and pretty expensive -- more than $1200/night.

So, yes, many people don't care about the room and say "we don't spend much time in the room" and want to spend as little money as possible on their room while certain others care very much and are willing to pay for the extra space and amenities of the larger and more featured-filled rooms. Sometimes, you don't have a choice and have to pony up for a junior suite or master suite, because that's all that is available.

Otherwise, different strokes for different folks. Personally, I prefer the master suites principally because of the second bathroom (and the second room/balcony of our master suite had the same terrific view as the bedroom). The penthouse suites with the terraces are among the most "Wow" experiences and I would consider one of those as well, because the views from the terrace are amazing. Also, some people like to host private parties from their mega terrace balconies.
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl