Member versus non-member

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Member versus non-member

Postby Ruggy33 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Will be doing our first pearl trip this year have been other similar resorts but what is a member have seen that mentioned in form talk how do you become one or what is it
Ruggy33

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jan 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Adult friend finder

Re: Member versus non-member

Postby TandD » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Ruggy33 wrote:Will be doing our first pearl trip this year have been other similar resorts but what is a member have seen that mentioned in form talk how do you become one or what is it

Oh thank god. I was thinking this was going to be a battle between a non-member not getting the perks they saw a member getting or something like that - phew!

I don't really know the detailed answer to you question but basically, you can pay a little extra to get some additional perks if you plan to make lots of visits to Desire. They offer you a presentation about it when you first arrive. It's not a "Timeshare" presentation like some people assume. That's about all I know - others will fill in the details I'm sure.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Re: Member versus non-member

Postby Budlee » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:03 pm

They may not use the term "time share" but it is a hefty investment. We have friends who are members (many thousands spent) and they chose to become members because they knew that Desire was the only resort for them... So if they're planning to head back to the resort twice a year, becoming a member made sense for them. As it turns out, they weren't able to use both of their weeks last year, so we benefited when they "gave" us their week - we still paid quite a bit, but the nightly room charge was significantly less, and some perks were included, like airport transfers, one special meal, 30-minute couples massage (not erotic or sensual), etc... forget what else. We were given the members-colored wrist bands, which may or may not have made a difference in service. I really couldn't say, with not having been there ever as a non member.
Budlee
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl