Heading to Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Heading to Desire Pearl

Postby cancouple1975 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 am

We are a newbie couple to a CO resort let alone anything like Deaire Pearl. We arent sure what to expect on our first trip but we are very excited. We are not swingers or nudist. We are just looking forward to a sexually changed environment to be a part of. We get there on Easter Saturday and will be there for 6 nights. Just a few questions for anyone thats been there before?

How crowded is the beach if you aren't able to secure a bed or lounger? Is there still room to lay out a blanket in the shade?

we've also read that a lot of stuff is reserved for the members? Does that really affect your stay that much?

We are really looking forward to watching others having sex. Is it weird for us to just watch? we've never done that before either so who knows how we will react? (Maybe it will give us some ideas)

Curious about the play room as well. It looks small and we don't know what we will want to try when we are there so can you go in there if you are not taking part? Is there a certain level of involvement expected in the playroom?

I also read a review where someone said they sometimes used their real names? Do people use fake names? I know we will be a little nervous and shy being the first time doing this but i don't think we would use fake names? Or should we? maybe i'm over thinking it

One of our biggest concerns before we booked our trip was people taking pictures on the resort. I've read different things about this but are the staff on top of making sure people aren't trying to sneak in a few pics?

There are lots of other stuff that we are curious and excited about like the jacuzzi and the theme nights and can't wait to get there to experience it all. Any other tips and suggestions we would greatly appreciate.
cancouple1975
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2016

Re: Heading to Desire Pearl

Postby TandD » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:45 pm

newcouple1975 wrote:
How crowded is the beach if you aren't able to secure a bed or lounger? Is there still room to lay out a blanket in the shade?

It's not crowded at all. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a spot. Seems most people hang around the pool where it *can* be tougher to find a chair - especially with shade

we've also read that a lot of stuff is reserved for the premium members? Does that really affect your stay that much?

No. I predict you will barely notice it if at all. Blown way out of proportion in my opinion.

We are really looking forward to watching others having sex. Is it weird for us to just watch? we've never done that before either so who knows how we will react? (Maybe it will give us some ideas)

If you are sitting there staring with your hands on your junk, yeah that would be weird. If you are being chill about it, it's cool. They wouldn't be out there if they weren't comfortable with people seeing.

Curious about the play room as well. It looks small and we don't know what we will want to try when we are there so can you go in there if you are not taking part? Is there a certain level of involvement expected in the playroom?

You don't have to be involved with other people in there but you should probably be involved with your SO. Going in just to sit and watch others would probably not be cool but if you two were making out and looking over at others while doing it - cool.

I also read a review where someone said they sometimes used their real names? Do people use fake names? I know we will be a little nervous and shy being the first time doing this but i don't think we would use fake names? Or should we? maybe i'm over thinking it

Never heard of using fake names and never considered it.

One of our biggest concerns before we booked our trip was people taking pictures on the resort. I've read different things about this but are the staff on top of making sure people aren't trying to sneak in a few pics?

I think everyone knows they would be summarily shamed if they were caught taking pics with others in the shot. I think only creepers would be taking clandestine pics of other people and this doesn't seem like the kind of place they would go.
TandD
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Lyfsabeech » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:46 pm

newcouple1975 wrote:

The short answer is yes! If you are in the play room you should be playing with your significant other at the very least. Looking over at couples while you yourself are playing is totally acceptable. We were at DRM in December and while in the playroom a young couple came in at stood at the foot of our bed, staring, while we were in the heat of passion. At first we gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought they would settle in, but after several minutes it just became plain creepy, to the point where we stopped playing and left. [-X
Lyfsabeech

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 06 Mar 2016

Postby Budlee » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 pm

What everyone else said....that's the first I've ever heard of people using fake names. And yes... voyeurism is sort of expected (exhibitionists sorta get off on that, yes?), but just don't take it to the level of creepy... No reason to avert your eyes, but also staring is never appropriate, in these situations or in any other situation in your everyday life. Playroom, I'd definitely reserve for play. Folks in there are not on exhibit.

You say you're not nudists now... but let's see how things unfold after you've been there for a while. I wonder if there's not a more appropriate resort for non-nudists, non-swingers that still has the sexy vibe you're looking for. Maybe the prude side of Hedo?
Budlee
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl