Newbies with some questions

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Newbies with some questions

Postby Captmorgan1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Hello All,

We are making our first trip to Pearl this February. We have been to Temptations four times now, including the first half of the upcoming trip. We are getting a little fed up with the poor condition of TTR and have heard that Pearl is many steps above in quality.

A couple questions that I haven't found the answers to after some searching and reading here:

1. When are the resort theme nights announced for February? I understand Jan was different with ISM but we do need time to shop and I'm hoping that's something we can find out soon.

2. One of my complaints at TTR is the ridiculous length of time it takes to eat at the restaurants. So, we usually do the buffet for quicker service. I have back issues and cannot sit at a table for two hours, so I'm hoping either the service is quicker or perhaps I could tip them up front and let them know to make it snappy, and get in-and-out quicker?

3. We are only there for three days this time. If we like it, our next trip might be all-Pearl instead of the TTR split. Being that it's a short trip, (Thurs-Sun) what advice do the veterans have for making the most of the time we have there? We are outgoing and love to have fun and always have a great time meeting tons of people at TTR, so that part is not a problem. I"m just wondering if there's any "must-do" type of things that we should consider?

We are LS, but are relatively new and pretty selective. I get the impression that everyone is respectful much as they are at TTR. Not worried about that. We are a little concerned that the age range might be a lot older (I am 38) but we both do tend to act quite a bit younger than our age.
Captmorgan1

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Feb 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Newbies with some questions

Postby davetamm » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Captmorgan1 wrote:Hello All,

We are making our first trip to Pearl this February. We have been to Temptations four times now, including the first half of the upcoming trip. We are getting a little fed up with the poor condition of TTR and have heard that Pearl is many steps above in quality.

A couple questions that I haven't found the answers to after some searching and reading here:

1. When are the resort theme nights announced for February? I understand Jan was different with ISM but we do need time to shop and I'm hoping that's something we can find out soon.

2. One of my complaints at TTR is the ridiculous length of time it takes to eat at the restaurants. So, we usually do the buffet for quicker service. I have back issues and cannot sit at a table for two hours, so I'm hoping either the service is quicker or perhaps I could tip them up front and let them know to make it snappy, and get in-and-out quicker?

3. We are only there for three days this time. If we like it, our next trip might be all-Pearl instead of the TTR split. Being that it's a short trip, (Thurs-Sun) what advice do the veterans have for making the most of the time we have there? We are outgoing and love to have fun and always have a great time meeting tons of people at TTR, so that part is not a problem. I"m just wondering if there's any "must-do" type of things that we should consider?

We are LS, but are relatively new and pretty selective. I get the impression that everyone is respectful much as they are at TTR. Not worried about that. We are a little concerned that the age range might be a lot older (I am 38) but we both do tend to act quite a bit younger than our age.

If you go to the "When are you arriving at Pearl" section and look at the February arrivals, you will see there is a link to join us February people is some of the same discussions you refer to above. Also, you will get to see some of the people you may run into while there....Theme nights are discussed there....have fun..
davetamm
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Nov 2016

Postby TandD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Here's the link to the theme nights.

http://desirepearl.originalresorts.com/nightly-entertainment.asp

As you may have read, they *sometimes* get shifted around so nothing is truly guaranteed but you should be good.

We went in September which is a slower period perhaps but we found the food service to be fast and efficient. We ate in the Pearl restaurant every night and never waited to get a seat and enjoyed it immensely.

The Foam Party is pretty fun. Beyond that, I don't know that there are "must dos" but we had fun with beach volley ball, water polo - oh and drinking, hot tubing, dancing - that kind of thing.

HTH
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby animal hats » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

A good tip is always try to eat your meals early to avoid the crowds, that way you can experience all the great restaurants without having to sit too long.and yes tipping always helps :D
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 am

In my experience, just tell the waiter about your time expectations, and he/she will manage the service accordingly. You can be in and out in 60-90 mins.
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Postby Trifecta » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:11 am

Captmorgan1 wrote:

We found the LS folks at DP to mostly be very selective...there were some crazy types who bounced from new partner to new partner as quickly as they could (and if that is your thing, more power to you....) But most were looking for that "right" couple to play with. Most were willing to go home "empty handed" rather than settle for something other than what they were hoping for. And all in all VERY respectful.

There were plenty of 30-somethings when we were there..including us (Ok, Miss trifecta is a 30something. I'm a young 40-something 8) )
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby Budlee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:32 am

There is no buffet option for dinner at Pearl, so unfortunately, you'll have to work it out with the waitstaff, in regards to speeding up the meal. I'm sure it will be an odd request for them, as most folks there enjoy the relaxed pace and multi-course meal. Perhaps they can bring out your appy, salad and whatever other starters all at once.... or maybe you can get up and take a quick walk outside, just to give your back a break?
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby BeantownNewbs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 pm

They will def accommodate you and speed up the meal: serve apps, salad at once, etc. It's not an issue. What is an issue is you have to understand their standard pace and give them instructions.

Or, just say: "hey, we want to be out of here in "x" minutes."
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Postby Captmorgan1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond... great info! Not sure how I missed the aforementioned roll call. I'll go post on there shortly to introduce myself. We are super excited to try this place out.. something different and fun!
Captmorgan1

We arrive on: 19 Feb 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Fingers » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Must do's:
1- Foam party (if scheduled)
2- Have fun at the Play Room
3- Participate on theme nights (not only dressing properly but also participating in the contests)
3- Pole dace at the disco (girl)
4- Visit the Jacuzzi after the Disco
5- Walk nude along the beach
6- Swim nude at the sea by the peer

And of course being nude at all times!

As far as for your waiting time issue to eat, you can even pre-order your food and wait lets say at the pool/beach/lobby and ask them to call you when ready, the staff is always willing to help with any kind of requests
Fingers
Desire Convert

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 12 Sep 2014

Postby Beth/Elton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm

No worries, you will never be approached to do anything you are not comfortable with. The people at these types of resorts will be way more respectable than at any family resort, you would get hit on more at a family resort. You said you like being watched but, not involved with others, the sun beds at the hot tub is the place for that. Even in the hot tub, there may be activities taking place but no one will ever pressure you to do anything! It's the most relaxing sexy vacation ever! You can be as involved or not involved, totally up to you. And be prepared to be taken care of by an unbelievable stall, there is none better!
We had some of the same worries our first trip, they guickly went away. We tried going to other resorts after but, after Desire Pearl we were disapointed everywhere else. We just planned our fifth trip, we are not interested in going anywhere else!
Beth/Elton

We arrive on: 18 Aug 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl