Questions about Pearl Atmosphere

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Questions about Pearl Atmosphere

Postby lightsout74 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:40 pm

We booked a trip to Pearl for July 2015 and in reading thru the trip reports and playroom posts, we're concerned RM might have been the better choice. I haven't read too much lately about Pearl that wasn't food (didn't even know they had food), chair selection (or lack thereof; again, not really very high on the priority list) or disco music. I know the atmosphere is "other guest dependent" but what's been going down lately at Pearl? We're newbies, fresh from Negril and ready for more. Looking for some recent FF/other soft swap success stories from Pearl. Thanks guys!
lightsout74
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Feb 2017

Re: Questions about Pearl Atmosphere

Postby Miacpl30 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Pearl was packed to the gills last July and we had a blast. We will probably be back again in July (headed back there in March first). That was our 5th trip and honestly had the best time there. Had more fun and made more friends than in some trips to RM in the past.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby mrstommer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Keep reading the Pearl blog....you will fall in love all over again, once you get there....there is no comparison. We will raise a glass, repeatedly, to all whom we will meet up with again in June! This is our 4th return. We began at RM, and fell in love with the Pearl.

Cheers! :)
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Postby funcpl27 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 pm

we have been to Pearl twice and can't wait to go back. Lovely grounds, many very hot swinger couples, great staff and great food.......not sure what else we would want
funcpl27
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasadie

Postby lightsout74 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 pm

But where are all the good, detailed reports? In the words of Cokeman, post it or it didn't happen.
lightsout74
Desire Fan

Postby TandD » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 pm

lightsout74 wrote:But where are all the good, detailed reports? In the words of Cokeman, post it or it didn't happen.

f**k. Just take a chance and go. Nobody is going to hold your hand through this decision process. If you can't afford to make a wrong decision, you probably should cancel and go somewhere you've been before and you know you like. Otherwise, step off the edge and see what the f**k happens. You probably won't die.

(sorry, I may have had something to drink before logging in...)
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby hoppercf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:04 pm

TandD is correct; death is highly unlikely. The worst thing that will happen is that you'll go, come home, and spend the majority of your waking hours thinking about how to get back down there. I say this because we did it last year. Went in Feb 2014; loved it so much, we went back in August 2014. The only problem with Pearl/RM is that it pretty much ruins the desire (pardon the pun) to go to any other vacation spot (and we're not in the lifestyle).
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby animal hats » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:31 pm

TandD wrote:
lightsout74 wrote:But where are all the good, detailed reports? In the words of Cokeman, post it or it didn't happen.

f**k. Just take a chance and go. Nobody is going to hold your hand through this decision process. If you can't afford to make a wrong decision, you probably should cancel and go somewhere you've been before and you know you like. Otherwise, step off the edge and see what the f**k happens. You probably won't die.

(sorry, I may have had something to drink before logging in...)

Very well said...drink or no drink...lol
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby lightsout74 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Haha, this took a very strange turn! No doubt we'll have a blast. Not worried a bit about dying. It just seemed like a good deal of the most recent, exciting playroom posts were coming out of RM and was curious if there were some newer out of Pearl. Thanks for the feedback!
lightsout74
Desire Fan

Postby Trifecta » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:30 pm

lightsout74 wrote:Haha, this took a very strange turn! No doubt we'll have a blast. Not worried a bit about dying. It just seemed like a good deal of the most recent, exciting playroom posts were coming out of RM and was curious if there were some newer out of Pearl. Thanks for the feedback!

We were there a few weeks ago (Jan 1-5) and while relatively short lived each night (60-min tops) the playroom was hot, hot, hot on two of our four nights. We are talking 6-8 couples and a foursome or two going at it full-on at once. My GF is supposed to write our trip report, but she's being lazy and I have to get on her. I wrote the last one. Its her turn!! But I'm chiming in here to give you some recent info.

The thing is, there is a flow at DP....It never wavered in our 4 nights. Pool all day until around 4 Jacuzzi 4-8, dinner 8-10, Show/Disco 10-11, Playroom 11-12, Jacuzzi 12-whenever.

The disco rarely stayed good for more than 45 min or so after the show was over...but if you make an effort to get some folks into the playroom you will be rewarded with some good memories!!!! I know we were!!!

Have fun. You can't go wrong.
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby J&K » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:40 am

In a small resort like this the people really effect the atmosphere. Last May over a single week it was like two different resorts from early to late week. For the first half of the week it was very sleepy...no one in the disco past 12, no one at the jacuzzi past 1 or even at all when we went down at 12. No one ever in the playroom. Second half of the week the crowd changed. More people in the playroom. People always at the disco and at the late night jacuzzi. A lot of times people want to have fun they just need someone to set the tone. We participated in everything we could during the day, did group shots at the jacuzzi in the evening, encouraged a group to join us on the dance floor while at the disco and even had a couple large parties in the penthouse (one 20+ people, two 40+).

The advice about there being a flow about where to be when is good. Join the group at those times. Socialize. And 'fun' things are bound to happen.

Sounds like you want more info on those 'fun' things. Check out our trip report for that but of course much must still be left to the imagination :)
Returning to RM 4/9/22 to 4/15/22. Can’t wait!
J&K
Desire Addict

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Travelcouple89 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:13 pm

We were at Pearl for the first time last July, and we can't wait to get back this July. When we were there the resort was at full capacity and it did not disappoint! I don't think you made the wrong choice and I believe you you will definitely be happy with your decision! Relax, welcome home!
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl