beach beds

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

beach beds

Postby lwdw » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm

anyone know how one goes about getting the beds on the beach? is it by room category, time shares or what? :?:
lwdw
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Re: beach beds

Postby smpm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Simply ask Victor (assume he's still there) where you prefer to be - shade or sun. He'll move chairs around for you.
As far as the big beach beds, in the past they've been only for those renting the penthouse suites, but I've heard rumours that that's being relaxed a bit.
The beach chairs are sturdy wood with nice cushions. We find them just as nice as the beds.
Pat & Stu
smpm
Desire Convert

Postby Mrladysman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 am

It's very empty by the beach just go and take a empty beach bed most people stay by pool and the beach full of seaweed you'll need water shoes to go in water unless you jump off pier that's what we had to do we were very disappointed with the beach but that was ok we had a lot of fun at pearl and its all about the people there and we met a lot of nice people there
Mrladysman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014

Postby Budlee » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:45 am

The single beach beds under the palapas are available for everyone, but the grander double beach beds are reserved for the penthouse guests - one bed per penthouse (they're numbered). However, they may become available to us regular folk on an availability basis. And a tip doesn't hurt, either. We always tipped Victor (or Jared? Is that his name?) in the morning when they set us up on the beach, and on a few occasions, they'd approach us during the day and ask if we wanted one of the big beds..... they know what the penthouse occupancy is, and which ones will and won't be used during the day.

Good advice for the water shoes, if you want to go into the sea. But keep in mind, that the rougher, more "interesting" bottom makes for better snorkeling - a straight sandy bottom doesn't attract much in the way of sea life as coral will do. So, in that respect, it's a trade off. All I can say is that the water was luscious, once in. Heck, I don't travel all the way to MX to only sit at a pool... I can do that at home.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl