Newbie Theme Night Question

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Newbie Theme Night Question

Postby buried20kleague » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:32 am

We're less than two weeks away from our first trip and can't wait, but i have a question.

We're both planning on dressing for the theme nights. From everything I've read, it seems like most people go to dinner, then go change into theme night attire BEFORE the nightly entertainment starts. Is that correct, or do people usually wait to change for the theme nights till after the entertainment? And If I'm picturing it correctly, the entertainment is in the lobby, basically?

The thing is... My wife loves Halloween and dressing up and costumes. So a few of our theme night outfits are, well... Probably gonna be laugh inducing (on purpose). So I've got this mental picture of sitting through the nightly entertainment in a fairly brightly lit lobby, both of us in very little clothing, and what we ARE in is more than just lingerie, and meant to be funny.

For the more "out there" theme nights where people wear unique stuff (like Bare as you Dare, for example), do they wear those things during the nightly entertainment, or do they just wait till after that and change real quick before heading to the disco? I totally don't mind being the life of the party and people laughing at us... That's part of the fun. But we also don't want to feel out of place if we're there in something fun and goofy and everyone else is still in their dinner attire.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Re: Newbie Theme Night Question

Postby K&RinTX » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:02 pm

The entertainment is in the lobby just outside the disco. Most people come for some or all of the entertainment in their "theme attire". You won't be the only one dressed up (or down) out there :)
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby Budlee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:31 pm

For us, there was a band in the lobby, but the actual show (if that's what you mean by entertainment) was IN the disco.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby Jude1000 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 pm

It's really great that you're planning on dressing for the theme nights :D you'll have a great time.

At Pearl the show is in the disco and there is usually a band in the lobby before the show, which starts at 1030pm.

If the theme night needs a dress, even if it's very short and see through, I usually wear it to dinner then we go straight on to the lobby bar and then the disco. The restaurant staff are always happy! But if it's an anything but clothes night, school girl, bunny night etc, I wear a regular dress to dinner then we go back and change before we go to the lobby bar. Most couples do this if they dress in the themes, but not that many actually dress up. Which is a shame as its great fun!
Jude1000
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK

Postby fwtxfuncouple » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 pm

I like to wear dresses to dinner and then change into the theme attire for the bands and disco. Especially when the theme nights are super risque.
FWTxFuncouple
SDC and Kasidie
fwtxfuncouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Gktpacpl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:52 am

Fort Worth.... you got just right. Way sexier to change after dinner. From elegant sexy to hot slut in a matter of minutes!!
Gktpacpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Feb 2017

Postby tikihutguy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Jude1000 wrote:
If the theme night needs a dress, even if it's very short and see through, I usually wear it to dinner then we go straight on to the lobby bar and then the disco. The restaurant staff are always happy!

Exactly. Been there, done that and will again :shock: :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby 2McD » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Newbie...but that is my plan too....sexy elegant for dinner, than super slut at disco time
Cheers,
T & S
kik - 2McDs
2McD
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 07 Aug 2020

Postby EroticSailor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

marym2015 wrote:Newbie...but that is my plan too....sexy elegant for dinner, than super slut at disco time

The theme nights are great, but don't miss the opportunity to be glamorous and sexy at dinner! :D
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jan 2016

Postby D&C » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 pm

We normally dress according to the dress code for the restaurant, and then change afterwards. We always felt we would violate the dress code if we did not. That seemed to be the same with all others last year.
D&C
DP 7/28-31/14
DP 7/11-15/15
DP 7/12-16/19
D&C
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Jul 2019

Postby honeycouple » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:47 am

We dress for dinner then head back to the room and change for theme night. Women participate a great deal more then men. I was one of a few who attempted to dress the part last year.
Many ladies ended up naked as the night wore on. Great sight to see...YOung to old(ish)
Ladies from 24 to 65...they all just let loose and partied like no one was even there.
Everyone had a great time regardless of dressing up for the theme or not.
Great people to jsut be yourself around is all you will find most of the time at the resort.
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Postby Travelcouple89 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:05 pm

honeycouple wrote:We dress for dinner then head back to the room and change for theme night. Women participate a great deal more then men. I was one of a few who attempted to dress the part last year.
Many ladies ended up naked as the night wore on. Great sight to see...YOung to old(ish)
Ladies from 24 to 65...they all just let loose and partied like no one was even there.
Everyone had a great time regardless of dressing up for the theme or not.
Great people to jsut be yourself around is all you will find most of the time at the resort.

:L :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:22 pm

We were there at the end of June and found that the service at the restaurants was slower than when we went in October. If we started dinner any time after 7:30 we didn't have time to change before the disco and still make the show. In October, I wore one dress to dinner and one to the disco, in June I ended up wearing disco clothes all night. It works both ways. :)
-S
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl