Traveling with sex toys

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Traveling with sex toys

Postby Kycouple78 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:31 pm

We love our toys and we have lots. But we are a little nervous to fly with them. Does anyone have any experience or tips or advice? We don't fly much so we have no idea what to expect
Kycouple78
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 0- 0-2017

Re: Traveling with sex toys

Postby northernlightscpl » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Kycouple78 wrote:We love our toys and we have lots. But we are a little nervous to fly with them. Does anyone have any experience or tips or advice? We don't fly much so we have no idea what to expect

Take the batteries out of them in transport, if they are battery power. If found in a random search, you can be rest assured it's not going to be the first for any customs officer. I wouldn't worry about it, you will be fine.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby SpicyCoupleMa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:06 pm

Kycouple78 wrote:We love our toys and we have lots. But we are a little nervous to fly with them. Does anyone have any experience or tips or advice? We don't fly much so we have no idea what to expect

Just as northernlightscpl said, we've also traveled often with our toys - vibes, dildos, butt plugs, you name it and have never had a problem. Maybe once we've had a note from the TSA that said they'd inspected our bags but we just chuckled to ourselves and hoped that we put a smile on the agent's face.

We only had one potential embarrassing moment when we were traveling with a group on a business conference coming back from Mexico. We had no idea that they were checking some luggage on the way out of the country in front of everyone. We were worried that they might choose us in front of those other business people with whom we were traveling, but fortunately we weren't "chosen" for inspection.

No worries, bring them in your bags and you'll be fine!
A curious late-40s something couple, deeply in lust with each other, and who love laughing and meeting wonderful people.
SpicyCoupleMa
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 31 May 2016

Postby Kycouple78 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks! So if we have to remove the batteries is that just so they don't come on by mistake? Or are batteries not allowed in your luggage ?
Kycouple78
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2017

Postby CokeMann » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Kycouple78 wrote:Thanks! So if we have to remove the batteries is that just so they don't come on by mistake? Or are batteries not allowed in your luggage ?

Just so they don't come on by mistake :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby mikeinnj » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Never good when your luggage starts to vibrate. Lol

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby ksr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Good advice! I've never removed the batteries. Never been an issue, but I can see how it could be.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby bluegrasscouple » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:58 pm

We just got back from paradise sept 14th and had an entire suitcase dedicated to toys, including a sybian. Had no problems going either way. Good luck And have fun!
bluegrasscouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2016

Postby Quickie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Along the lines of toys...How about lube? Is it bring your own lube or does DP have lube on site?

We usually try to avoid check bags in order to get out of the airport quickly. If it's bring your own lube we may need check the goodies...
Quickie

We arrive on: 06 Oct 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby barebuns » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Quickie wrote:Along the lines of toys...How about lube? Is it bring your own lube or does DP have lube on site?

We usually try to avoid check bags in order to get out of the airport quickly. If it's bring your own lube we may need check the goodies...

It's a bring your own lube kinda place. They sell it in the gift shop for a ridiculous amount of $$$$. Same goes for sunscreen.
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

Postby tropicfun49 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 am

we always bring toys and I always surprise the wife with a new one as well to give her a a little "surprise". I broke one out on the beds at the DP Jacuzzi and was stunned at how much a particular new toy lit up. Wife was quickly obvious to this but it provided a great illuminated view for a bunch of couples watching lol. Several remarked how much they enjoyed the "show" and wanted information on the toy. My wife always worries about bringing toys and clearing customs but never a problem.
We always check that bag with our lube and sunscreen but I really want to avoid checking a bag since it has cost us serious time retrieving it in customs trying to make a connecting flight home to Boston. I'm not sure how TSA will deal with my wife's bag if she has 3 or 4 nice toys in a carry-on this fall :D . The new rechargeable ones are amazing and tend to hold up better over time and are fast becoming her "go to" toys. The rabbit though is still a top three as I'm sure most women agree.
:L
tropicfun49
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2013

Postby brewandsue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:27 pm

tropicfun49 wrote:we always bring toys and I always surprise the wife with a new one as well to give her a a little "surprise". I broke one out on the beds at the DP Jacuzzi and was
stunned at how much a particular new toy lit up. Wife was quickly obvious to this but it provided a great illuminated view for a bunch of couples watching lol. Several remarked how much they enjoyed the "show" and wanted information on the toy. My wife always worries about bringing toys and clearing customs but never a problem.
We always check that bag with our lube and sunscreen but I really want to avoid checking a bag since it has cost us serious time retrieving it in customs trying to make a connecting flight home to Boston. I'm not sure how TSA will deal with my wife's bag if she has 3 or 4 nice toys in a carry-on this fall :D . The new rechargeable ones are amazing and tend to hold up better over time and are fast becoming her "go to" toys. The rabbit though is still a top three as I'm sure most women agree.

It's not illegal to carry those toys, as long as none appear to look like weapons! :D
That said, you may have to deal with a good deal of personal "exposure" if/when they take the toys out and inspect them, one by one. :shock:
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby CokeMann » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 pm

brewandsue wrote:That said, you may have to deal with a good deal of personal "exposure" if/when they take the toys out and inspect them, one by one. :shock:
I have always advocated to just put the toys in a 1 quart clear ziplock and place it at the top of your luggage. Security and TSA agents can then see right away what the package contains and they will rarely if ever remove it from your suitcase for further inspection ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby brewandsue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 pm

CokeMann wrote:
brewandsue wrote:That said, you may have to deal with a good deal of personal "exposure" if/when they take the toys out and inspect them, one by one. :shock:
I have always advocated to just put the toys in a 1 quart clear ziplock and place it at the top of your luggage. Security and TSA agents can then see right away what the package contains and they will rarely if ever remove it from your suitcase for further inspection ;)

Great advice!!!
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby kattynkyle » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:19 pm

CokeMann wrote:

What if....hypothetically.....the 1 quart ziplock isn't big enough. Asking for a friend.
kattynkyle
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl