Trip to chitchen itza and cenote / cash mony in the Resort

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Trip to chitchen itza and cenote / cash mony in the Resort

Postby Bratwurstsepp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello
We are two newbes from Germany :GER in the Desire Pearl.
We have 2 questions.
1) Can i book a daytrip to chitchen itza with cenote visit in the Resort, How much is it and can i make this in every day of the week? or is it better i book this from home?
2) become i cash/money with my Visacard in the Resort?
Thanks for the answers and sorry for my bad english
Greetings from Germany
Bratwurstsepp

We are from: Germany
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2017

Re: Trip to chitchen itza and cenote / cash mony in the Reso

Postby Olaf828 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi Bratwurstsepp,

Ein Bankomat befindet sich im Resort Foyer für Bargeld und Sie können Ausflüge mit Ihrer Kreditkarte bezahlen.

Sie können eine Vielzahl von Reisen mit Adolfo auf Desire Pearl buchen.

Wir haben die Gruppenreise nach Chichen Itza ein paar Jahre her, aber es war ungefähr 14 Stunden lang, und wir geschworen, niemals wieder die Gruppenreise zu tun. Letztes Jahr haben wir eine private Reise, mit Adolfo, nach Tulum mit einem Besuch in einem privaten Cenote gebucht. Es war wunderbar und war nicht so voll Stress.

Ich entschuldige mich für mein schlechtes Deutsch. :D

Andy & Lea :UK :US
Olaf828

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2014

Postby westcpl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 am

Translation please.. for those of us who do not speak German. Thanks
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby CokeMann » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 am

westcpl wrote:Translation please.. for those of us who do not speak German. Thanks

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=translate
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Olaf828 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Apologies, I was forgetting that this wasn't a reply just to the originator.

"There is an ATM in the foyer at Pearl where you can get cash. Credit cards are accepted for excursions..

We did a trip to Chichen Itza a couple of years back but did the group tour which took over 14 hours and was exhausting.

Last year we did a private guided trip to Tulum including a visit to a private access cenote, booked in resort through Adolfo. It was a wonderful experience and less stressful. The private trip is a little more expensive but worth it."

I think that is the gist of it, at least that was what I was trying to say.

Apologies again because as a Brit living in Texas, I find I need an interpreter most of the time to help people understand me, so I should know better!

Andy :UK
Olaf828

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2014

Postby westcpl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 am

Olaf828 wrote:Apologies, I was forgetting that this wasn't a reply just to the originator.

"There is an ATM in the foyer at Pearl where you can get cash. Credit cards are accepted for excursions..

We did a trip to Chichen Itza a couple of years back but did the group tour which took over 14 hours and was exhausting.

Last year we did a private guided trip to Tulum including a visit to a private access cenote, booked in resort through Adolfo. It was a wonderful experience and less stressful. The private trip is a little more expensive but worth it."

I think that is the gist of it, at least that was what I was trying to say.

Apologies again because as a Brit living in Texas, I find I need an interpreter most of the time to help people understand me, so I should know better!

Andy :UK

Thanks for the translation, and thanks Cokeman for the google link. I didn't think of that...
When we went to Pearl last time, the ATM charged us US$20.00 for each withdrawal. If you want to take a short and wonderful walk along the beach into town there is an ATM (or least there used to be) that charges much less of a transaction fee. Is anyone able to confirm that??
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby Bratwurstsepp » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi
Thanks for the Answers
We have book the Chitchen itza plus trip on gomexico-travels 150$ usd for 2 Persons with all drinks, the pickup is direktly in the resort, i will write wen im back.
20$ for mony on the cashmachine :shock: is very expensive, is this realy true?

Gretings from :GER
Bratwurstsepp

We are from: Germany
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2017

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:04 pm

I would be very, very leary to use the ATM machines in Mexico. Many people have commented about their card being copied while in the machine and then having major charges to their accounts when they get back to the states. My suggestion, would be to bring the cash with you in the first place.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Kman&LadyDi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 am

To begin , there is no place like Desire! We love it.
Now for a little Travel Tidbit.
My wife retired last year so we took an extended vacation in Mexico in Feb. to celebrate.
1 week in Playa (with adult Kids )
2 nights at Mayaland resort
2 nights Merida
10 days PEARL
Now for the real reason for this report
If you want a real treat and are considering Chitchen Itza book a night or two at the MAYALAND RESORT. (Google for more info)
It is connected to Chichen ruins and was the first resort to be built on an archeological site. Absolutely wonderfully relaxing jungle resort.
Staff is amazing, food amazing, massages amazing, .
The bus ride is 3+ Hours each way so spending a night makes it worth while. You actually enter the ruins from the resort.
For another bit of advice hire a private tour guide . We would have missed so much history if we hadn't , well worth it.
Hope this doesn't detract from your Desire vacation and helps :)
K & D :CAN
Kman&LadyDi
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 06 Feb 2019

Postby Hansdeswart » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

westcpl wrote:
Thanks for the translation, and thanks Cokeman for the google link. I didn't think of that...
When we went to Pearl last time, the ATM charged us US$20.00 for each withdrawal. If you want to take a short and wonderful walk along the beach into town there is an ATM (or least there used to be) that charges much less of a transaction fee. Is anyone able to confirm that??

We just returned from Desire Pearl, and did a cash withdrawal at one of the ATMs at Puerto Morelos town square, with only a minor transaction fee (a couple of US$ for a US$ 100 withdrawal). There is several ATMs, however, most of the time some of these are out of order.

:NET Hans & Ellis :NET
Hansdeswart
Desire Devotee

We are from: The Netherlands
We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019

Postby Cpl du Nord » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Bratwurstsepp wrote:Hi
Thanks for the Answers
We have book the Chitchen itza plus trip on gomexico-travels 150$ usd for 2 Persons with all drinks, the pickup is direktly in the resort, i will write wen im back.
20$ for mony on the cashmachine :shock: is very expensive, is this realy true?

Gretings from :GER

We can confirm. The ATM at Pearl is very expensive to use. It also dispenses US dollars only. Puerto Morelos has several ATMs, but I would only use one inside a store that is supervised. I have read recently in other PM forums that many of the ATMS in town have been compromised. We did a family vacation in PM this past winter and we used without issue the ATM in the OXXO convenience store a couple of blocks inland from the main square. The convenience fee was minimal and all the machined distribute pesos.

The Cancun airport also has an ATM just as you are exiting the sliding doors into the car rental, etc...area. When the airport ATM has been out of order we have had our transport company stop at the grocery store right off the highway exit in PM.

Have a great trip.

Mr du Nord
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl