Penthouse vs. Master Suite

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Postby willijes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Wondering if anyone has booked each of these rooms in the past and which one they preferred and why? We have always booked the master suite in the past and we were thinking about upgrading to the penthouse this trip.
willijes
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Re: Penthouse vs. Master Suite

Postby chiwolve » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

We have only had the penthouse on our first trip there. As newbies we wanted the option to stay in our room if the environment freaked us out. As it turns out, we loved the resort, but also loved the penthouse. We are going back in a few weeks and paid up for the penthouse.

While it is a steep premium, we rarely vacation alone like this and feel that it is worth the extra cost. Sadly, whenever you see promotions and specials for Desire, the penthouse is never included. Obviously a limited supply of them.

The butler brought us breakfast every morning and even late night munchies on demand. He brought us bottles of booze and mixers on demand. He arranged all our meal reservations and took care of anything we needed.

The deck and plunge pool are amazing with great views. We are not lifestyle, but we can imagine that the penthouse would give you a great location to host others as well. Especially since they will bring you a bottle of booze or two if you want. The private cabanas mean you always have a great spot in the shade on the beach. But who knows? I get the impression that many people value spots near the pool. I am sure the butler would arrange to save you a spot every day if you wanted, but the beach was great for us.

I guess at the end of the day, you pay a premium for extras that may or may not be of value to you. Some of the extra cost is defrayed by things like having airport transfers included in your price and availability of late night food at no extra charge. I would be curious to hear from others that have tried the penthouse and other room categories to hear if they think it is worth the extra cost....
chiwolve and chicagoan69
E & M
DP May 2016
DP Sep 2017
DP Aug 25-29, 2018
chiwolve
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 25 Aug 2018

Postby willijes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks for the insight chiwolve, as luck would have it the dates we are going the penthouse isn't available but we are on the waiting list if one becomes available.
willijes
Desire Lover

Postby J&F » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:57 pm

In the past 6 months we have stayed in both. Our 1st trip we chose the PH for exactly the same reason as Chiwolf "in case the environment freaked us out" and had the same reaction as to loving the resort, so much so we returned 4 months later. The 2nd trip we decided to go with a master suite based on other postings we read. We will NEVER get the PH again for a number of reasons.
It may sound lazy but who wants to climb 5 flights of stairs when you can get away with 1 or 2? Heels at night/drinking allday, no thanks.
We under utilized the butler (our fault)
The master suite was huge and had 2 full bathrooms rather than 1.5 in the PH. Why spend roughly $2,500 extra for less?
The cost difference just doesn't justify any of the other small perks IMHO.
Again, this is just our opinion and selfishly I wasn't going to reply because I'd rather have more vacancies in the master suites when I try to book but these boards have been a tremendous help so I wanted to pay it forward....
Good luck with whatever you choose.
J&F
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Mar 2017

Postby willijes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks J&F, we are booked for a master suite this November. We have stayed at Pearl several times and have always had this room category. I was excited about the penthouse possibility because of the large terrace and views, oh well maybe next time. I do agree with you though on the price verses what you get for the money, the master suite really does deliver on the 2 full baths and huge living room.
willijes
Desire Lover

Postby DesirePearlAddicts » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 pm

We are taking our 5th Desire Pearl vacation in a few weeks, my advice to people on which room to get is this...
Penthouse is awesome but on the third floor, if you like stairs and hanging out in the room lots it's great. Stayed in one our first trip for 8 days. The master suite in our opinion has the best of both worlds, you can get ground floor and have lots of space to spread out. Our favorite room thou is by far the junior suite, we get ground floor facing the pool by the volleyball net... location, location, location! We are hardly in our room anyways and as members if a master suite is available we get the free upgrade, and regardless of what room we choose we also get the butler/room service. Hope this helps! Cheaper room rate usually means longer vacations for some, so if your budget conscious take the lower rooms and stay longer you won't regret it!
Desire Pearl, 7 visits
Desire Los Cabo’s 1 visit
DesirePearlAddicts

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 24 Feb 2021

Postby willijes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks for the input DesirePearlAddicts , we have never stayed in a Junior Suite, but I can see why you like that location by the pool, definitely something to consider in the future.
willijes
Desire Lover

Postby LakeTime » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:03 pm

There is a difference between Master Suite and Master Suite with plunge pool. There are only 5 with the pool, 2 of them over look the beach, 1 overlooks the Jacuzzi, the other two no view at all unless the one where you can watch the people eating in the pearl restaurant counts.
LakeTime

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl