Trying to decide between RM and Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Trying to decide between RM and Pearl

Postby TX805 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 am

Hello,

This will be our second visit to Desire. We went last year in August to RM and had a blast. We liked the nightlife, pool, and of course the sin room. The people there at the same time were pretty diverse. So, now, we're thinking about going again this December and we were thinking about Pearl. What do you guys think? I hear the pool is nice and the crowd tends to skew older. Is this true? We're 34 and 32. Also, any big differences worth considering about traveling in December? Is the beach any better at Pearl? Appreciate any info.
Kik: TX805
TX805
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Dec 2019

Re: Trying to decide between RM and Pearl

Postby Pebbles&BamBam » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:34 am

Age and crowd can vary from day to day. We have seen several couples in there 20's over the years but the majority would be in the 35-55 range at Pearl. RM has a larger % of lifestyle couples from what I can tell. Pearl is pretty much split 50/50 lifestyle/non-lifestyle from what I can decipher. December is a great time to go to Pearl. We have been twice in early December and will be back this year.

Beach is average. Lots of seaweed. But it varies. Jacuzzi is wonderful. Huge...which can be positive or negative. Some people prefer RM jacuzzi because of the size, they like the "forced" contact.

I would suggest trying Pearl out. You will have a great time.
Pebbles&BamBam
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby willijes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:19 pm

We have been to both resorts several times, below is a quick opinion from a 46 year old:

Pearl-
Beach- is deeper with palm trees and more rocks in the ocean, not as many beach beds but they have a lot of chairs under palapas
Room- we have only stayed in a master suite which is huge with 2 full bathrooms and large sitting room, 2 TV's
Restaurants- 3, all have ac
Pool- very large quite and active side
Hot tub- large 3 times the size of RM
Crowd- I have seen young and older crowds
Gym- a little bit bigger newer equipment
Staff-wonderful

We prefer Pearl for the hot tub and master suite accommodations but either one you can't go wrong.
willijes
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Postby comfywhatsnext » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 pm

You really need to give both a try and make your own decision. Having been to both on several occasions you can't go wrong with either resort.
comfywhatsnext
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 19 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Postby Al & Kim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:01 pm

There have been several threads on this topic. Since you posted this on the Pearl board you will get very positive Pearl reviews. If you post this on the RM board it will be just the opposite. It comes down to what you want and are comfortable with. The age thing will always be debated. As said before, it will very from week to week. We have had fun with all ages and don't find this an issue.
For us it is 2 things that puts Pearl over the top.
Jacuzzi: much larger at Pearl.
Rooms: a standard room at Pearl has Ocean view and is very large. RM: no view and to cramped for us. I need room to chase her around. If you like to upgrade, the other rooms at Pearl are huge. We had a master suite once and only used half of it. I had a harder time catching her.
With how much it costs to go to Desire, I want some space to be comfortable in. Not that I wasn't at RM but I didn't feel that I got my monies worth on the accomodations side. Love both for different reasons. You won't know until you try both for yourself. Either way Be Happy!
Al & Kim
Desire Devotee

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2023

Postby Twohere4some » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 am

We were at Pearl last December for the first time after three trips to DRM and the weather and resort were both beautiful. We are happy we went and enjoyed our time very much but our next trip will be back to DRM. Would encourage you to try both as different people enjoy different things. We have made many friends on our trips and of those who have visited both, there is a fairly even split as to who likes which best. Only way to be sure is to decide for yourself.
Twohere4some
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Sep 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC

Postby TX805 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 am

Thanks everyone.
Kik: TX805
TX805
Desire Fan