Question about bringing games with us?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Question about bringing games with us?

Postby Jokerh77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Newbie couple here (39/M and 34/F) who have their first trip to DP booked. (Never been to any sort of CO resort before.)
Were lifestyle curious and open to "dipping our toes in" if we meet the right couples. (Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but damn, it's hard.)

My question is, as vanillas who are swing-curious, is it worth it to bring some of our favorite games as a social lubricant and possibly warm up for fun with other couples? I'm thinking of bringing Cards Against Humanity and possibly a card game called "The Game of Lifestyle" (which I haven't played yet). Is this a good idea? If so, is there any other game easy to pack that would lend itself to some possibly naughty fun?
Thanks!
Jokerh77
Jokerh77

We are from: USA

Re: Question about bringing games with us?

Postby SJCrazy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Bring anything you want, but I've never seen anybody play CAH or similar at Desire. There aren't a lot of really good places to play proper games; most of the places are for lounging with a drink. I think the lobby bar would be a great place to hang out and play, and it's a good icebreaker, but you would probably need to go introduce yourselves to some people and round up at least another couple or two to get it started I think.

If your main concern is having a way to engage with people and get to know them, the best way is to just walk up to people and say hello. Desire is a very social place and people expect to connect with other guests. Most people will give some subtle (or un-subtle) indications if they're interested. Whether or not people are in the lifestyle and what they do/enjoy is a totally normal, everyday topic at Desire, so feel free to mention that you're new but curious/interested. You don't have to know for certain what you want to engage with people, so just go with what you enjoy and politely bow out if you need to pass on something. It's all good!
SJCrazy on Kasidie
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby TandD » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Odd, my reply didn't get posted. Here's what it said

Jokerh77 wrote:.. (Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but damn, it's hard.)

I see what you did there - heh, heh.

is it worth it to bring some of our favorite games as a social lubricant and possibly warm up for fun with other couples? I'm thinking of bringing Cards Against Humanity and possibly a card game called "The Game of Lifestyle" (which I haven't played yet).

Jokerh77

I'm gonna say 'no", it's probably not worth it. Unless there is a long period of rain or some other situation that causes you to be sitting at a table with other couples, it just doesn't seem like there is a situation where you would whip out a card game and start playing.

Now physical games that can be played in the hot tub are another story. Those *can* go over well but there's no guarantee. One example is ping pong balls with various salacious acts written on them released into the water. People pick them up and have an "excuse" to do what it says.

Alcohol infused whipped cream always seems to go over big. You can make a lot of new friends by offering to squirt it on people you would like to meet.

Now for all I know, people do bring card games and have a ball. And, since it wouldn't take up much room, it wouldn't hurt to bring something like that. I just don't think you are going to find that many opportunities to play it.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby kandsny » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Last year on our first trip we played twister with a bunch of other couples and had a blast. This year or should I say next week we are packing twister ourselves.
K - pdccpl - KIK
S - funboatcpl - KIK
kandsny
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Sep 2019

Postby willijes » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am

In the past we have brought Catch Phrase and Taboo, we played it on the beach beds with as many as 3 other couples at a time and had a blast. It is a good icebreaker and good to have in case you have a rainy day. We like playing girls against the boys and the loosing team had to do the winning teams bidding :)
willijes
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Postby Jokerh77 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:19 am

kandsny wrote:Last year on our first trip we played twister with a bunch of other couples and had a blast. This year or should I say next week we are packing twister ourselves.

Haha That sounds awesome!

willijes wrote:In the past we have brought Catch Phrase and Taboo, we played it on the beach beds with as many as 3 other couples at a time and had a blast. It is a good icebreaker and good to have in case you have a rainy day.

Exactly. I was thinking it would be a great back-up for rainy days too.

Like I said, we're vanillas who are interested in more, and we've always connected well with other people playing some of our favorite games over drinks. I saw it as a "familiar area" for the two of us to connect with others, and possibly lead to more. I definitely want to get the "Game of Lifestyle" which appears to be a naughty Truth or Dare card game to be played with other couples.

Thanks for the feedback, folks!
Jokerh77

Postby wetcoastcouple » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Joker,

I think you are over thinking it which is super easy to do as a newbie. I (the mr.) did the same thing before our first trip.

By all means bring the games along as back-up but the thing that is hard for a newbie to truly grasp is how easy and natural it is to meet people at Desire. It really is like no other resort or vacation you have ever been on in terms of the friendliness and openness of your fellow guests. If you don't try at all people will still smile and say hello to you. If you take the tiniest bit of initiative to engage people you will almost always find at the very least a friendly conversation. If you and or your significant other engage your inner devilish side and actually "flirt" with people you will have countless and I mean countless opportunities to pursue.

Smile and say hello to everyone you walk by. A simple "how is the xxx this morning" or "that is a lovely neckless" is all that is needed to break the ice with anyone (and I mean anyone) . . .

If you plan to go with smiles on your faces and a plan to talk to and engage others you will inevitably be wondering what you could have brought along in your bags in place of the games that never saw the light of day . . .
wetcoastcouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Jokerh77 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:42 pm

wetcoastcouple wrote: If you take the tiniest bit of initiative to engage people you will almost always find at the very least a friendly conversation. If you and or your significant other engage your inner devilish side and actually "flirt" with people you will have countless and I mean countless opportunities to pursue.

Smile and say hello to everyone you walk by. A simple "how is the xxx this morning" or "that is a lovely neckless" is all that is needed to break the ice with anyone (and I mean anyone) . . .

This we CAN do! :)

Western Canada, eh? If you're ever in the Puget Sound area say "Hi". :)
Jokerh77

Postby wetcoastcouple » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Jokerh77 wrote:Western Canada, eh? If you're ever in the Puget Sound area say "Hi". :)

sent you a PM . . .
wetcoastcouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl