Smoking at Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Smoking at Desire Pearl

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 pm

RiA wrote:Over a month ago, I wrote to "Sales@Desire-Resorts.com" and asked about their enforcement of their smoking policy.

No response from them whatsoever. It seems they do not care.

FYI - Desire-Resorts.com is not the URL of Original Resorts(or for that matter either of the Desire properties) - that URL is owned by a Travel Agency which is probably why you didn't get any reply ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Justskin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm

We're be there in February. If it appears to be a real problem (and we realize that it probably varies crowd to crowd) we'll mention it to Alberto Martinez. He is the General Manager there.
Many of us have know him and have followed his journey from Cabo Desire, on to RM and now to the Pearl.

He very much cares about customer satisfaction and he is likely the man to talk to.

I had deep concerns about (safe contents) theft a couple years ago; we met in his office for 25 minutes and he outlined many steps the resort(s) implemented to eradicate the problem. He makes it happen.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby mikeinnj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 pm

We were at Pearl 11/20-30. There was one guy who would walk everywhere with his lit cigarette but kept moving so just a minor irritation. There were a couple folks that were smoking around the pool but not that much. I saw no one smoking close to the jacuzzi. As the smell of smoke seriously bothers me, I’d rate it as a non-issue during our stay. Maybe we got lucky and either had few smokers or considerate smokers. We were relieved based on other reports we had read prior to going back.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Beach girl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 pm

We just returned from a 9 night stay at the Pearl, smoking was not an issue. Only one night did I see a couple smoking in the hot tub, they were off in a corner alone. We did see one couple smoking by the pool, guess if you were next to them it could bother you. But truthfully we were never bothered by smoke.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby sailorman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 am

So, the last time I was staying at Pearl we practically couldn’t open our door and enjoy the ocean breeze and sound of the waves because of a constant smoker near our room. I smoked years ago and ex-smokers are the worst critics of present day smokers. I think I’ve become more sensitive to the smoke over the years and now I have difficulty breathing when I’m around it. I wrote, in Trip Advisor, that I would stop giving Desire a five star rating if they didn’t take care of the problem. We’re going to arrive in early July and I’m hoping that Desire has developed a strategy on the smoking issue. If not, they will begin to suffer on the review boards and I will be helping with that effort!
sailorman
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jul 1914

Postby RJOC » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Just returned from Pearl, and smoking was really not an issue. Having said that, we were on a bed at the hot tub one night, and a foursome took the bed next to us, and one of them lit up. I politely asked them to smoke elsewhere, and they quickly put it out.

We did see a few people throughout our week there smoking, but in the smoking area a the quiet end of the pool - no big deal.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl