Smoking at Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Smoking at Desire Pearl

Postby ja68 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:30 pm

I read a recent review on TripAdvisor which said the general manager recently changed at Desire Pearl, and there seems to be a loosening of restrictions on smoking around the resort, i.e., it's now allowed at the hot tub, and in other areas of the resort, whereas before it was limited to 'smoking areas'. Any clarification you could provide would be helpful, we are very tentative about scheduling our next trip to DP (which would be our 5th trip) as we would not typically go on holiday to a resort where smoking is allowed everywhere. Thanks for the feedback.
ja68
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Re: Smoking at Desire Pearl

Postby DesireOntarioWomen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:39 pm

I sure hope this isn’t the case at RM. For health reasons it would mean I may not be able to visit for too long or too often.
DesireOntarioWomen
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 0- 4-2016

Postby Made4us96 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:24 pm

As i leave meet with Many tomorrow about membership this will be a hot topic of discussion. I saw several smoking in the jacuzzi tonight but this was the first time I'd seen that in our 48 hiurs so far.
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2018

Postby sun30265 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 am

Just returned this week....we were surprised to have two different people right next to us on the pool chairs light up while we were there...
sun30265
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby LuckyCpl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:38 pm

I too read the report on Trip Advisor and I'm not too thrilled about that...We've been before and smoking was not an issue.
Fine if you want to smoke but not around others; most people are not smokers and don't care for it.
They will lose business if this is the case and it's not addressed.

Does anyone from Desire read these reports and has anyone had discussion with management about this? We arrive late next week.

Thanks.

M&C
kik: mandcohio
LuckyCpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Feb 2024

Postby Bareman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:48 pm

LuckyCpl wrote:I too read the report on Trip Advisor and I'm not too thrilled about that...We've been before and smoking was not an issue.
Fine if you want to smoke but not around others; most people are not smokers and don't care for it.
They will lose business if this is the case and it's not addressed.

Does anyone from Desire read these reports and has anyone had discussion with management about this? We arrive late next week.

Thanks.

M&C

Absolutely! Has anyone contacted the management about this issue and gotten a response? 'Does this also mean people can smoke in threir rooms and leave that stink for the next guests who are non-smokers?
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
Bareman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Postby Beach girl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 pm

After reading a recent trip advisor review should we reconsider our 9 night stay? Management responded to a positive review but did not respond to a negative review pertaining to smoking. Interesting. Smoking should be allowed in designated areas away from non smoking guests. I must wonder is the new GM a smoker?
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby sksksk306 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm

We are going to Pearl in several weeks. We wrote an email directly to the general manager a week ago to request clarification on this issue and have not yet received a response. We will be none too happy if smoking is openly allowed in the non smoking marked areas... As others have said, why make it up to the guests to comment to others about this... PLEASE read and respond to these issues Desire Pearl management... Its obviously a hot topic and one of the few possible things that can make the resort less appealing.
sksksk306

We arrive on: 13 May 2017

Postby Made4us96 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I spoke with multiple people about the smoking issue and even made sure to leave negative comments about how much was being done in NS areas. Hopefully it will have an impact.
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

Postby swimfree » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:41 pm

We've booked at DP but will cancel if the smoking issue is not addressed. I'm not spending that amount of money only to have the trip ruined by smokers.
---
DP Feb 18, Mar 19, Feb 20
swimfree

We arrive on: 21 Feb 2020

Postby RJOC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:48 pm

We're in complete agreement. If they are now allowing smoking in NS areas, we're going to have a long discussion about canceling and looking for another place for our vacation.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Made4us96 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Allow me to clarify. It was only a couple of individuals on a couple of occasions that were noticed we smoking in the hot tub area. They seem to be a group that really didn't care much about others. I am one who cannot stand cigarette smoke myself, and I don't feel that the small occasions that occurred made my trip any less enjoyable. When I checked out and I made the statements about being concerned with the smoking and that it was a negative to my visit there was much concern expressed. Especially for a first timer to have anything negative to say.
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

Postby Made4us96 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:51 pm

By the way i have spoken with some from our group, and they said when they saw anyone light up they told the bartenders and it was dealt with. So it is not permitted or tolerated but it needs to pointed out to the bartenders if they dont notice it.
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

Postby Dani'stoy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 am

Just returned from DP and there were people smoking cigarettes and cigars at the Jacuzzi tables. Apparently this is condoned as there were ashtrays available on the tables....it sucked but as a newbie I wasn't aware this was a new policy.
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby desireaddict » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:47 am

Dani'stoy wrote:Just returned from DP and there were people smoking cigarettes and cigars at the Jacuzzi tables. Apparently this is condoned as there were ashtrays available on the tables....it sucked but as a newbie I wasn't aware this was a new policy.

I don't recall exactly where the tables at DP are in reference to the Jacuzzi. At DRM they must be at least 30 feet from the beds and from the Jacuzzi. Isn't that ample distance so as to avoid offending others with 2nd-hand smoke? Not a smoker here (maybe an occasional expensive cigar for fun) but other than not wanting to sleep in a stinky room, I don't feel that others who are smoking in open air outside is much of a problem. JMHO

"Do you smoke? Only after sex!" ~ Steve Martin
(My kids would ask: Who is Steve Martin?)

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl