First timers, should I be concerned about ISM ???

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

First timers, should I be concerned about ISM ???

Postby tx2step » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:01 pm

We were planning on our first trip to Pearl in mid-December, but it now looks like we need to push it to January.

However, when I looked at reservations in January, the Pearl website popped up that my dates overlapped with Swingers Month. It almost seemed like a warning. My question is whether things are any different in January? Are they "crazier" than normal?

My wife is on board with going, but I would say a little on reluctant side. I am hopeful that once we get there she will, like many others, enjoy it more than they thought they would. However, we are non-LS first timers. Should I be concerned about the environment being more "charged" than normal? The banner on the website mentioned workshops, events, and threesomes. The first two sound good as I would like to attend the touching/massage workshops, but the third one is out of our comfort zone. ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGING HERE, just not for us.

Any input is appreciated, as we have no idea what to expect....

Thanks.
tx2step

We are from: USA

Re: First timers, should I be concerned about ISM ???

Postby Beach girl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm

We went in January last year, it didn't seem much different than any other month. The only thing that was different was the no sex by the pool seemed a little more relaxed. (We only saw one couple over 7 days who openly had sex by the pool in the daytime) We did have a couple and a female companion next to us. However, I never saw anything other then them conversing and having a morning cup of coffee. We joined them for dinner twice and they did not appear to be a wild threesome by any means. I don't think your wife will see anything much different than any other month. It's really not the wild orgy we have a tendency to invision before we arrive. It's more like a naked cocktail party, with maybe a little sex thrown in. Nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby max4play » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 am

Like you, we are not in the LS and we've been at both RM and Pearl a number of times during take-overs and never had a bad experience. Actually, our experience has been that those weeks end up being more fun in the disco and day-time activities and people are still very friendly even though they figure out pretty quickly you're not in the LS. You'll be free to do whatever you want together and have a blast - people are very, very respectful of boundaries in our experience. Like most first-timers, we went with concerns and reservations and left excited about coming back - and we've been back a lot since!
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby desireaddict » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 am

We went in January last year, it didn't seem much different than any other month.

DITTO.
We've been to Desire Resorts (all of them) about 20 times. Last Dec we had to postpone our trip until Jan (ISM). Other than the workshops (which were great fun), we saw no real difference in the atmosphere or the guests.

Just do it!

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby goldfish1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Thare is zero difference on any month of the year..... simply a marketing tool.
goldfish1
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Oct 2017

Postby max4play » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:39 am

goldfish1 wrote:Thare is zero difference on any month of the year..... simply a marketing tool.

:L
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby Lkncouple » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 am

We have been to DRM 4 times. We are also not in the lifestyle. We have been in January for ISM 2 times. I would not say it was the same as the other times, but I would say that people are the same. You will get roughly the same mix of lifestylers and non-lifestylers. They do allow sex around the pool. We saw one couple that really like to show off in front of the crowd and they did it every day in the pool and around the pool. He was tall and slim, she weighed close to 300 lbs so it was hard to miss them.

The best part of ISM was the workshops. They had some great workshops that they held in the Playroom around 5:00. You could just be with your partner or you could share if you wanted. When they were over couples tended to stay in and finish :shock: It was quite a sight.

I would say go for it. January is an awesome time to be down there.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl